Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > Fuel Injection & Tuning

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-02-2010, 09:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default How To Install EFI Article on Redline Review

We just posted an article on installing a Professional Products Powerjection 3 electronic fuel injection system on a Chevy 396 ci V-8 on the Redline Review website. Please check out the article and let me know whether it's helpful. Here is the link to the article:

http://redlinereview.com/articles/te...23-scott-hayes.

We appreciate your opinion.

Last edited by computerworks; 02-03-2010 at 05:52 AM..
Old 02-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VSE alum. frame, FFR carbonfiber body (under construction)
Not Ranked     

Link did not work for me.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:21 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoSmith View Post
Chevy 396 ci V-8
No....................
Old 02-03-2010, 04:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

link no work
Old 02-03-2010, 05:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

...fixed the link in the original post.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

you played the hp card pretty well, from an edelbrock 650 to the pIII that is supposed to flow 750cfm, i would hope there was more hp. good marketing.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerworks View Post
...fixed the link in the original post.
Thanks for fixing the link in the original post. Was the article informative and helpful?
Old 02-08-2010, 12:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

The article is informative. The pictures do not show for me? In my opinion, details are on the light side, as are every other EFI system I have ever read. Did the article ever say it was speed density and not mass flow? Fact is many claim no tuning needed and most claim every one else is stretching the truth. A few dyno runs (normal acceleration, steady state, and WOT) with an air fuel ratio would give the claims some credibility.

I was not born cynical, but experience has taught me to assume all advertisers are worse than politicians. Sadly I'm usually right. The AFR with the carb before would help answer the why the HP gain question. Put the wrong jets in the carb and get as big a Hp gain as you want. Technically speaking if both the carb and the throttle body EFI give the proper AFR, there is no reason to expect a Hp difference, unless one has a CFM restriction.

As for the design, I think putting a computer on the throttle body is a bad idea. Heat and vibration are not good for computers. The fuel pump heat sink is a creative solution for heat, but the idea still does not leave me warm and fuzzy. Close proximity to an ignition system is not a good idea either. I admit it is quite possible for it to be designed to work and hold up well, but I don't like putting myself in the position of paying to find out.

In general, I always thought throttle body was a waste, but when it comes to old style looks, it is definitely the way to go. Using multi port EFI, on an old style single plane intake designed for a carb (which I have), is a bad idea, as the flow is not identical at all ports, therefore the AFR is different at each cylinder. I give this design high marks for that, and you guys never took credit for it.

Other than what I have stated, I like the looks of the system. It also would seem to be a good boat upgrade, if you can meet all the coast guard requirements (another market to target).

Last edited by olddog; 02-08-2010 at 12:49 PM..
Old 02-08-2010, 08:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thank you for your thorough reply. In our next EFI article, we'll make a more concerted effort to provide more details on the EFI software programming/tuning aspects of the installation. All the best, Brian - Chief Editor of Redline Review where It's All About Speed.