Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > Fuel Injection & Tuning

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 09-25-2011, 02:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance#2352/Aluminum SO/490 c.i. 650 h.p. 605 tq.
Not Ranked     
Default New Member

Just purchased a Superformance MK III with the Roush 427 SR. First of all wanted to say hello, and state I love this thing. Trying to find a way to sleep in it!!!! What a fantastic machine!!!!!

Secondly I was looking for one with a 427R and 8 Stack fuel injection. My question is there a big performance difference between the two, and I am looking into having the 8 stack installed with the 427R cam.

Since I am a Vette guy historically, this is a new game for me as I know little of the Cobras....to date.

Any input will be greatly appreciated

Benny
Old 09-27-2011, 11:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star with IRS, 427W with megasquirt, T56 magnum
Not Ranked     

My understanding is it can gain you a few horses within it's tuning band, but it's more a cool factor. There are a few threads about them here.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hate to admit it but I think that is what is drawing me to it, just trying to find out how reliable it is.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Very reliable, if tuned correctly, but most efi units work awesome when tuned, efi will improve all parameters over a carb, dont care what anyone says, if you dont go the 8 stack route you should go efi, no matter what, especially if you drive alot, guys on here will tell you a carb is fine, which it is, but when you have efi tuned correctly, its hard to ever go back to a carb.

Last edited by fordracing65; 09-27-2011 at 09:53 PM..
Old 09-28-2011, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 FIA #690, FRPP 427 Boss engine
Not Ranked     

I had an efi stack set up on my daytona coupe with a 392w that I later changed to carb. First point, I did not remove the stacks because they didn't perform. They were great and I loved the cool factor when I opened the nose! With the stacks, instant throttle response and lots of low to mid-range torque, incredible sound, and fair gas mileage. Because they are individual runners with no common or shared plenum, the characteristics are similar to a single plane manifold. The real difference being that runner size and flow rate limit hp in larger displacement engines at higher rpms, however the wonderful tunability of efi makes this less of an issue than with a carb.

If you really want to do this, make sure you are VERY confident in your tuning abilities or those of your selected tuner. There are many stories of great expensive set ups that run like crap and end up getting removed due to the lack of experience that many tuners have with unique stack efi requirements like fuel map transitions, accelerator circuit overlay, TPS mixing, etc.

Good luck, congratulations on your new purchase, and I say go for that cool factor!

Mark
Kirkham #690 289 FIA
Old 09-28-2011, 06:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Really appreciate the input. I'm in San Diego, so will have to try and locate someone, or maybe find a tuner in Orange County, Ca. before I make the jump.

I'm telling you a car is a disease. I just cannot help myself or know when to stop!!!!! Gotta love it!