Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > Fuel Injection & Tuning

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 07:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Question TWM Injectors

I'm working on a TWM 8 stack on a 351 W and the injectors that were recommended don't fit. They are too tall. They are Ford Racing M-9593-LU47.

Does anybody have the correct injector number ? I'm looking for #47 lb injectors.

Last edited by redmt; 12-31-2012 at 07:47 AM..
Old 01-01-2013, 07:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Nobody?
Old 01-01-2013, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4815
Not Ranked     

Not trying to argue here but why so big an injector? I am running the green top 42lb injector on my TWM 526ci Shelby motor and it pulls 650+ hp at the tires without any mixture issues. Pulls like a freight train all the way to 6500.

I have 60lb injectors on my supercharged Z06 346ci engine. I ask the guy that tuned the Cobra as to the differences in injector size and was told the smaller injectors on the higher hp car is due to being naturally aspirated vs supercharged.

Both my engines were professionally built and have given many years and many miles of trouble free service.

Just curious...
Old 01-01-2013, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default TWM Injectors

AS CSX4815, I'm also running 42# injectors with a TWM system on a Keith Craft 351 (408) with 584 hp at the crank. The brand is Walker with a part # 500-1018 o6C5 on the sealed bag. The injector has D1680BA stamped on it.
You should be able to cross reference these numbers from a supplier. Hope this helps.
Allen Nicholas
Prunedale, CA
KMP517
Old 01-01-2013, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: #6101 streetbeast Ingelese stack EFI 351w/t-5 9" 4link 3.55
Not Ranked     

I have a 351w(425-450hp) with an inglese 8 stack system(I believe same throttle bodies as TWM) and I am running #39 injecters from Precision-Flow. Part# 30397-8. I ment to answer sooner but had to get the info. Hope this helps.

Good Luck....
Old 01-01-2013, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It's a 351 BASED motor at 418 inches. Expected HP should be in the 575 + range. The injectors were recommended by another guy who as it turns out doesn't know as much as he thinks he knows. The shop that is going to set it all up has recommended that #39 injectors will be more than enough.
The problem I'm having is finding the correct injector to fit the manifold as the FR injectors are too tall.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmt View Post
It's a 351 BASED motor at 418 inches. Expected HP should be in the 575 + range. The injectors were recommended by another guy who as it turns out doesn't know as much as he thinks he knows. The shop that is going to set it all up has recommended that #39 injectors will be more than enough.
The problem I'm having is finding the correct injector to fit the manifold as the FR injectors are too tall.
redmt. you can order the injectors that I put in my post by going to the Inglese web site. Part#30397-8 are the #39 injector. I believe they are what GM uses in there cars.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oh yeah redmt that part # 30397-8 is what inglese uses. I don't know what # Precision uses for that injector.

Good luck...
Old 01-01-2013, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The TWM manifold has the injectors in the valley. They also have a machine fit fuel rail that bolts directly to the throttle bodies. The FR injectors would have fit except that they are about .200 to tall to let the rail bolt on. I'll see what TWM has to say tomorrow as to what series/size injectors actually fit.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gary is who I worked with when they were here in CA. Good luck!

Last edited by CSX4815; 01-01-2013 at 07:18 PM..
Old 01-01-2013, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If Gary is the older (british?) guy, then I've dealt with him before. Very helpful guy. I'll be on the phone in the am.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yup... that's him. Gary Pollard. Good Guy. He should be able to steer you in the right direction!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I was always told if you have nothing good to say then don't say it. I'll let it go that I'm not saying a lot. Let the buyer beware.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I was always told if you have nothing good to say then don't say it. I'll let it go that I'm not saying a lot. Let the buyer beware.
redmt. Sorry to hear. Did you get the right injector?
Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

All I want to say is that Garry and, (geez I've forgotten her name) are nice folks, even though their customer service is weak. Gary specified one injector so I ordered them through another company as their price was a bit more than triple. Later in the day , I get an email saying that may be the wrong injector that I should take pictures of their manifold as they weren't sure what injector really fit it. I cancelled the injector order, thankfully they hadn't shipped yet. He spec'ed out another injector which I ordered. The injectors come in and don't fit correctly. Unanswered calls and several emails later they come across that the injectors don't fit because the manifold and fuel rails are a mis match that I need their adapters to make them fit. 4 days later they overnighted them to me. Through all this they did say they were doing inventory and they wouldn't send anything until later in the week, then they said their computers were down for another couple of days. They did say that they had the adapter collars in hand but still wouldn't send them out. I missed my appointment to the dyno shop that is setting it all up. An appointment I had waited a month for. I'm back on their waiting list.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry to hear of your problems. When I dealt with Gary and Hank at TWM they were located in Goleta. They were about 45 min away and I just drove up and worked with them directly... always a good experience.

They are now under the ownership of Borla. I have not worked with them since their move to Borla and Tennessee back in 2010. I would suggest contacting Alex Borla directly. I have met him many times and always seemed like a stand up guy. Cobra owner himself. He can't do anything about something he is not aware of. Just a thought. Good luck!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It's all straightened out now . it was a hell of an ordeal when I was in a critical time crunch.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

Quote:
It's all straightened out now .
So you have any dyno numbers yet?
Old 01-11-2013, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas_ View Post
So you have any dyno numbers yet?
No , I'm back in line waiting for an appointment that hasn't been set yet.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Glad to hear! I have had some life shorting deals with my build(stress)hope this is the last for you....