Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > Fuel Injection & Tuning

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bobcowan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2016, 09:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison/Side Oiler
Neutral     
Default Deleted Post

Deleted

Last edited by talos; 06-01-2017 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: Delete Post
Old 11-29-2016, 11:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

This is contentious.
The LSA bands that I was advised of at the time I researched this were from 110 to 114
Ymmv.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

Yes, it can run with a narrow LSA. But you'll get some of the same fuel cloud you got with Webers - depending on where the injectors are. If you're going to swap to 8 stack EFI, swap the cam, too. You'll be much happier with the results.
talos likes this.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto
Old 06-01-2017, 05:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1992 Classic Roadsters, 427 Dart Stroker, Tremec 5spd, 8.8 positrac differential
Not Ranked     

Just finished installing EFI 8 stack on my 427 dart small block so from experience-- lots of lobe separation is necessary to keep engine vacuum high. I'm running Fast ez 2.0 setup and you need at a minimum 10" vacuum for the ECM to function properly since the computer senses engine load from the vac. I went with a Flow Tech Induction cam and had Ed Curtis spec my hydraulic roller. Due to the nature of the open plenum on the eight stack intakes I ended up with 14" vacuum, enough to do the job but I had to convert to manual brakes since 18" is required for the power booster. The fast EZ 2.0 is self learning yet has the option for you to custom tune, I couldn't be happier for my first time to swap a car from carbs to EFI. Good Luck
Old 06-02-2017, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 331lxstang View Post
Just finished installing EFI 8 stack on my 427 dart small block so from experience-- lots of lobe separation is necessary to keep engine vacuum high. I'm running Fast ez 2.0 setup and you need at a minimum 10" vacuum for the ECM to function properly since the computer senses engine load from the vac. I went with a Flow Tech Induction cam and had Ed Curtis spec my hydraulic roller. Due to the nature of the open plenum on the eight stack intakes I ended up with 14" vacuum, enough to do the job but I had to convert to manual brakes since 18" is required for the power booster. The fast EZ 2.0 is self learning yet has the option for you to custom tune, I couldn't be happier for my first time to swap a car from carbs to EFI. Good Luck
Before deleting the power brake booster did you consider adding a vacuum pump to provide the​ necessary vacuum?
Old 06-03-2017, 09:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1992 Classic Roadsters, 427 Dart Stroker, Tremec 5spd, 8.8 positrac differential
Not Ranked     

Yep thought about adding a vac pump but its just something else to fail plus they are a little noisy so I nixed that idea.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Buying off the shelf cams can complicate things.....

With the pages and pages and pages of lobes to choose from in various cam manufacturer lobe catalogs, it's very easy to pick a custom camshaft so that you don't need to run a vac pump or try and deal with 8 inches of vacuum. You also don't always need a wide LSA.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

In general as you decrease overlap either by increasing LSA or decreasing duration, idle vacuum will increase. Like just about everything else in an engine build it represents a compromise. The solution to the compromise will vary depending on what kind of manners you want your engine to have and where.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 351w
Not Ranked     

When I spoke with Jim Ingliese, he recommended 112-115. I'm 112 so just in range of his recommendation.

Last edited by KDubU; 06-04-2017 at 05:34 AM..
Old 06-04-2017, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Just depends on the application.

Last set I used were on a 289 with a 106 LSA.