Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > Fuel Injection & Tuning

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mark IV
  • 1 Post By twobjshelbys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2024, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #260 w/ 347 stroker, Canfield 195 cc heads, prosystems carb on a VicJr, Comp roller cam
Not Ranked     
Default dynaperformance stack fuel injection

hello all, just found a un-used Dynaformance stack fuel injection system locally. I have done some internet research on this but have not found out much. Anybody know anything about this system?

Years it was made? magazine test on the system? other info?

It almost looks like the V8 Stack by Borla?

It sure would look SWEET on my Backdraft car! Thanks
BDR#260...21.6K miles logged as of 4/2018
www.motorheadsohio.com We are an engine machine shop, specializing in crankshafts!
47 years of doing business an going strong! stop on by for a personal tour of the shop
Old 03-28-2024, 08:25 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

The Dyna system was well known for issues. The ECU is buggy, and some units had vacuum leaks at the throttle shafts. I know Olthoff Racing spent a lot of time trying to make a system work on an SBF.

Made in the 2000's. I think the last ones were around 2010 or so.

If you get it cheap enough and can do the electronic and mechanical work AND have the time and tools to do so, go for it. Otherwise, run, don't walk 'cause it might be gaining on you.
eschaider likes this.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 03-28-2024, 08:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
The Dyna system was well known for issues. The ECU is buggy, and some units had vacuum leaks at the throttle shafts. I know Olthoff Racing spent a lot of time trying to make a system work on an SBF.

Made in the 2000's. I think the last ones were around 2010 or so.

If you get it cheap enough and can do the electronic and mechanical work AND have the time and tools to do so, go for it. Otherwise, run, don't walk 'cause it might be gaining on you.
+1 on what Mark said.

When you have an out-of-production product from an out-of-business company, there is large boldface printing all over it saying run for your life. There is no support safety net, no manufacturer replacement component support, and lots of good reasons that the company and the product are a footnote in automotive history.

There are faster, less painful, and less expensive ways to commit project suicide — if that is what you are attempting. If you are looking for a good performing and working system, go to an existing manufacturer/offerer, select the system you like, buy it, and like the song says, don't worry, be happy.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 03-28-2024, 10:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Is the dayna the ones that look like a weber carb? If so I might be a buyer if you decide not to use them.
Old 03-28-2024, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

From the notes above it sounds like you've got the 8-stack that may or may not have issues but that the ECU is problematic and you'd want to buy a different one. That said, the cost of the ECU and trying to make it fit and work would likely exceed a brand new unit from one of the current offerings that have support.

Before that, you ought to justify the cost of a EFI system and what it gets you over a set of well tuned carbs. The answer is: For the typical owner the answer is: less money in your pocket book. Under your conditions you don't need the benefits that EFI brings - the primary one being self-adjusting fuel mix for frequent and regular driving with large changes in altitude. Some additional benefits if you track your car. Unless you have those conditions EFI is a good way to spend $3000 for really no gain in how the car operates over the carbs you already have.
eschaider likes this.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 03-28-2024 at 10:43 AM..
Old 03-28-2024, 11:48 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAStuart View Post
Is the dayna the ones that look like a weber carb? If so I might be a buyer if you decide not to use them.
Yes, Weber look alike

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 03-28-2024, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks that is what I was thinking. Here is another setup in his area https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2745590465837/ Might be the one he was looking at.
Old 03-28-2024, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane - FE
Not Ranked     

These units are the predecessor to the Borla units. Company went into receivership, was owned for a short period by one of the casting suppliers then purchased by Borla. Years ago, Borla would rework the units to bring them to current design. Typically the shafts, bearings and blades were replaced. Original design had major air leaks by the throttle blades.

You might contact Borla and ask if they will bring them to current design. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Regarding the ECU, that part of the system is Junk. To my knowledge, no one was ever able to make it work. I've had good success with Performance Electronics, others have used FAST Xfi and Holley Terminator. You need a higher end ECU as the less expensive models don't have the necessary settings to make it run.

Paul
Old 03-29-2024, 06:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #260 w/ 347 stroker, Canfield 195 cc heads, prosystems carb on a VicJr, Comp roller cam
Not Ranked     

As always, thanks guys for the responses. What a wealth of knowledge in this ClubCobra forum...Thanks all for the confirmation of my feeling about this system.
BDR#260...21.6K miles logged as of 4/2018
www.motorheadsohio.com We are an engine machine shop, specializing in crankshafts!
47 years of doing business an going strong! stop on by for a personal tour of the shop
Old 03-30-2024, 02:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alum bodied CSX4266, fuel injected alloy 472, 663 hp Engine built by Dralle. Suspension by Tom Barnard
Neutral     
Smile

The previous company to Borla was TWM. (The Weber Man)