Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > Fuel Injection & Tuning

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf, stroked 460
Not Ranked     
Default hillborn injection

has anyone used them? once its tuned, do you have to go back tinker with it every now and then. I'm thinking of going efi, but I don't know if its going to be a headache in the long run.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427" 351W
Not Ranked     
Default TWM injection

Click on Thor MotorSports on the advertisers. I sell TWM injection and have had it on my car for 3 years. The reason I sell it is because I like the ease of use, looks, performance, etc. Take a look at the site!
Old 10-26-2007, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC/331/5 forward
Not Ranked     

Hillborns (the originals) were, effectively, race-only propositions; they were constant flow, had no real provision for low speed operation, and required a fair amount of setup time. In the end, they really worked best under wide open throttle conditions.

You're far, far better off going to a modern EFI system if the car is expected to be driven on streets.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427" 351W
Not Ranked     

I agree, EFI is very effective for street or track, I have never driven a car that pulls as hard without flat spots as mine does with the TWM throttle bodies.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

Hilborn or other MECHANICAL injection is a completly different creature than electronic injection. The old mechanical systems although very tune-able and can be custom fit to about any application would not be user friendly or a street set-up. New electronic injection can not be beat !!!!!
In the end an injection system will give better performance in all areas above the old Carb of yesterday.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

If you go with the Hilborns, don't forget to buy a spray bottle so that you can squirt fuel into the stacks and prime them before every start up.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

I have run this set up on a street car, it was a real pain in the Ars but the wow factor was also there. I used an electric fuel pump on a bush button to supply start up gas but it started pretty easy. Had a cam driven fuel pump so needed boat type water pumps for cooling and it always ran hot!!

There are some very cool looking conversions out there that look like old mechanical injection with hidden electronics etc... You get the WOW factor and the reliability and performance of new injection. It ain't cheap but at our age damn few things we want are cheap and most on the list is close too impossible.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Hilborn has an efi package for their vintage injectors that looks vintage but gives modern efi performance and good manners.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf, stroked 460
Not Ranked     

thanks for the info guys.