28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 12:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: trying to get a good gt40 kit no luck so far
Default B&b ouch

I bought one of the gt40 kits from B&B... haven't regretted it more.... I'm too pissed to get into it here... but... look elsewhere...what ever the cost! richard
Old 11-01-2011, 01:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Not yet!

Looking at the pictures on their web site, the panel fit is abominable. I mean, small animals could get through the gaps. And this is on the "model" car!
Old 11-01-2011, 01:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Angry

They only made two. I got the second one. They didn't tell me it had been sitting around for a few years.. at this point none of the pieces fit. And as for the chassis... so heavy i could not pick up one end myself to get a jack under it... good welds though... also chassis doesn't fit the body... body attachment points no where near and the sides of the spyder are just haning out in the air unsupported and front rails intrude into the nostral opening... i could go on and on... haven't been able to get the money back as promised either.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE

Sorry to hear that, Richard.
No recourse?
Old 11-01-2011, 06:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

I have tried conversing via E mails but he is evasive. I think his business is not doing well but he has never just said "I don't have the money to pay you". If he has i'm sure we could work something out but if i can't get him to keep his word then at least i can let others know to continue at their own risk. I really hate to put it that way. He has left me no option no wait... he did say once i could "shove it up my ass"... i declined. Is this how others have been treated or am i catching him on a bad swing. I don't hate the guy i just want my money back.

Last edited by true; 11-01-2011 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: further thoughts
Old 11-01-2011, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA 454 S.O.

OK, I've got to ask? why did you buy it? Great price?

“If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower.”

Mark Donahue
Old 11-01-2011, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: 2 Seat Roadster-by B&B, 460+ w/auto.

Apparently he thought he was getting an 'original'. It's a GT-45. 45 inches tall. That's a dead giveaway it's not an original. The check writing hand must have went in gear before the brain did.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

At the time all i could find were companies who would only sell a full kit, way beyond my budget... that was before i found more info on GT40.com... oh the price of an education... I knew it was a "45" and was prepared to redo the fiberglass but the chassis was way too far off to fix... very heavy also. The chassis is well made just doesn't fit the body... i would make a great deal to anyone wanting a mid-engine rear wheel drive chassis... welding is very nice...

Last edited by true; 11-01-2011 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: further info
Old 11-03-2011, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

I would like to thank all those who have responded to my inquiries about B&B. All of you have been very suportive and that hepls. Very informative as well to hear your stories. I will leave it at that..

I have once again reached out to Bryan at B&B for resolution to his non payment as primised .... he is not responding to my E mails... So now i offer to read his explantion here on the forum... if there are justifications to his actions i'm sure all here, friend and foe alike would like to know...and if i am wrong in my view of things i would offer a genuine appology...kiss,kiss and all that...

I was hoping my first posts to the Cobra Club Forums would be of my kit being built and asking for ideas and sugestions in solving build problems, swaping pictures, planning car runs ... it seems things have gone arye. I will get my build done, with or without..., and look forward to sharing better times

I do have the chassis for sale if anyone wants a midengine-rearwheel drive unit for a build... hell of a deal...

Last edited by true; 11-03-2011 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: more info
Old 11-05-2011, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Maybe he's been busy?

Electric B&B cobra
Old 11-05-2011, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang

Clois Harlin had a bad time with them also on his Daytona he did.I feel badly for anyone buying ther product.You would have to ask him for details Im not saying anymore!
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 11-28-2011, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Redmt, I understand busy but, nagging him weekly it took him 8 months to ship the body and chassis to me. And busy doesn't explain why he won't keep his word to take back the chassis and pay me for it. The only Thunder if feel is him running up my ***. So the question still stands.. where is this Great Customer Service and standing behind your products. I have been getting several PMs from folks who think they have gotten the "Business". It seems to me he took my money and used it to go on two vacations (they told me this themselves) and work on development of the electric car... meanwhile i'm calling twice a week and no car. I finaly contacted a shipping company... it took me all of 5 minutes to give them the info for pickup and delivery. So you think they were too busy to take 5 minutes and make a call themselves? I finaly got the car... all to find out it was not as advertised. I haven't even gone into the poor fit of the body parts... none fit to each other and bent way out of shape from sitting around for years. NO, I think busy doesn't cover it.... lack of personel integrity, questionable business prictices, missrepresentation of his product. I think you got good service because he is trying to start a new line of products. As for me. He was getting rid of something he had sitting around and wanted money out of it and couldn't care less after he got my money paid in full/upfront. When the body didn"t fit and i called< he couldn"t even tell me how to index the body. I have lots of pictures showing the "quality" of his product. Feel free to PM me and i'll send the file. If everything he said about this kit were true i'd be happy and on my way to building a nice car. But as it is......
Old 11-28-2011, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by true View Post
Redmt, I understand busy but, nagging him weekly it took him 8 months to ship the body and chassis to me. And busy doesn't explain why he won't keep his word to take back the chassis and pay me for it. If everything he said about this kit were true i'd be happy and on my way to building a nice car. But as it is......
True, I was being sarcastic. I've never dealt with the guy except when I was shopping around for a car I made the mistake of giving the guy my phone # and email address. I was bombarded with calls at all hours of the day and night, weekends included. The emails hit the point that I had to have his address blocked. To say he was obsessed with selling me a car would be an understatement.

Do a search back on the forums and see what others experiences have been. You'll see that plenty of guys have had positive dealings with the old B&B and not with the solitary B.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.

Maybe it's time to do business the old fashioned way.

Forget the emails and phone calls and just show up at his shop and kick his ass.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
Maybe it's time to do business the old fashioned way.

Forget the emails and phone calls and just show up at his shop and kick his ass.
Nose to nose and one on one has always proved to leave little misunderstanding. If the guy smoked me for $$ I'd be on the next plane. You don't fool with cranky old guys.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Default The agony of ill-repute

PR is a hell of a thing. Well contrived positive PR exposure can bring enduring success to an undeserving and sub-par product. Likewise, the flip side often occurs when a good, viable product suffers the slings and arrows of unfair ill-repute.

When that happens, the purveyor of that product is usually the one who is guilty of letting himself and his work down by failing to recognize that quality and effort only pay due dividends when the people with the money you are after know how good you really are.

Busy folks on the hunt for an expensive, non-essential playtoy are emotionally engaged and make quick, often sub-conscious decisions about potential choices as they rush through the marketing and research data surrounding the items up for comparison and evaluation.

I was in just such a state back in 1991, terminally stricken with Cobra fever. Patrick Bedard's Car & Driver articles on Cobra replicas in the December (I think) issue poured jet fuel on my fire and absolutely influenced the direction of my subsequent Cobra experiences.

I pored over both main articles and I'll never forget what he wrote about the major players in the industry at that time. Here's what he wrote about Bryan and LA Exotics - direct quote:

The first stop in Los Angeles was to L.A. Exotics - Bryan Anderson, sole prop. He'd had a falling out with his aviation engineer dad not long before. Young Mr. Anderson is of the mind that the engineering details his father pushed are a bunch of hooey. From the looks of his work, I concluded that his aspirations run - a better word might be gallop - in the direction of blacksmithing.

True or not, deserved or not, that shaped my opinion of Bryan, LA Exotics and by extension, B&B Cobras as I hurried along in my search for the most suitable Cobra. Unfairly, I never got to see or hear Bryan's rebuttal or defense and I had no time or inclination to wait for it or seek it out.

Here now is another set of slings and arrows falling in his direction and again I see and hear no counterpoint from Bryan's side. I am not a potential customer, but I'm sure some who follow this are; and like me, they stand to move on in their quest with an almost indelible mental stamp on the B&B/Bryan Anderson reference folders in the backs of their minds.

In other writings, Bryan has struck me as an enthusiastic, likable fellow, excited and passionate about his work. Some customers seem to love their LA E and B&B cars.

The internet can be a cold and unforgiving place. I felt compelled to type my musings on this - not quite sure why. Here's to an amicable resolution.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 12-15-2011, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Join the club

After posting my issues with B&B i have been getting a large number of contacts with similar B&B problems. There is now a group of us who are looking into joining in a posible law suit. If anyone on this forum or other forums wish to join we would be happy to hear your story. It seems there is a consistant pattern of product problems and difficulty in resolution. Feel free in contacting me throug a pm if you wish to participate.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:34 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum

Quote:
Originally Posted by true View Post
There is now a group of us who are looking into joining in a posible law suit.
Naaah, misjoinder of plaintiffs. But I love a thread like this, so please don't let it die.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed

True... I understand your frustration with your dealings with B&B and I hope you can come to a resolution.

However, when it comes to legal actions within the hobby, whether ongoing or planned, it is the policy of this forum to stay on the sidelines and not be party to the process.

You have asked for Private Contact and that can stand; however, we cannot permit any continued discussion of any potential class-action you might me planning.

Thanks
ron
ClubCobra Moderator.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Kirkham 289 FIA #690, FRPP 427 Boss engine

Buzz, that was beautiful. You write like a Jimmy Buffet song.
Kirkham #690 289 FIA