21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Thumbs down Gt40 chassis identification

Hello everybody, I'm a new member and I'm looking for help in order to identify a GT40 chassis. In 2005 I bought a GT40 MK I with old version of FIA Historic papers. This car was "supposed" to be rebuild in South Africa from the famous scraped chassis 111 (Bondurant/Withmore at the targa). I didn't buy (nor pay !) the car as if it was the real 111 but thanks to FIA papers I participated to many FIA races in Belgium and in france. In order to comply with the new FIA HTP regulations, the car was completely rebuild last year and presented to FIA this winter in order to get the HTP papers. The car is considered 100% in compliance by the FIA representative BUT the FIA ask me to "only" give the chassis identification means manufacturer in order to get my HTP ! we'll see but at least I could be a step ahead...... Can someone help me ? I join some photos of the chassis during restoration but I have a lot more!! Many thanks in advanceName:  100_7256.jpg
Views: 1487
Size:  40.2 KB

Name:  100_5568.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  38.6 KB

Name:  100_5581.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  36.8 KB

Name:  100_6854.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  37.9 KB

Name:  100_5579.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  36.2 KB
Old 03-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer

I would have some questions as the chassis appears to have rivets in lieu of spot welds.

My suggestion would be to post on gt40s.com and wait for Ronnie Spain to comment. Ronnie will know the real story. I believe the the history and whereabouts of chassis P111 is known.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 03-17-2013, 06:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006

Cobra Make & Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Smile

Luck

try the GT 40 forum, lots of world wide experts on it

GT40s.com - Powered by vBulletin

Dwight
Old 03-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Smile 111

GT/111 is listed in the WORLD REGISTRY of COBRAS & GT40s, 4 th Edition as owned by Philip Walker of England.

Dwight
Old 03-17-2013, 08:15 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
I would have some questions as the chassis appears to have rivets in lieu of spot welds.

My suggestion would be to post on gt40s.com and wait for Ronnie Spain to comment. Ronnie will know the real story. I believe the the history and whereabouts of chassis P111 is known.
yes, it is, and WW is climbing the walls trying to find out more

I believe after Ronnie's comments the OP might be disappointed and the FIA might revoke his right to race it seeing it is a clone.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
yes, it is, and WW is climbing the walls trying to find out more
So perusing this forum counts as "book research?"

Mr. Bill.....you are very bad man!!!

Old 03-17-2013, 09:06 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Cool

Quote:
So perusing this forum counts as "book research?"

Mr. Bill.....you are very bad man!!!
I make more friends than enemies when I tell the truth and call it like I see it.

Bill S.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:

Well I know also the story of chassis 111.... but my goal here is only getting HTP ! I had previous FIA papers (old good time before new HTP policy). Question : how to get the 2 words random question in gt40 forum ? I really don't understand and contact with administrator is also impossible without those 2 words......
Old 03-18-2013, 06:38 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck View Post
Well I know also the story of chassis 111.... but my goal here is only getting HTP ! I had previous FIA papers (old good time before new HTP policy). Question : how to get the 2 words random question in gt40 forum ? I really don't understand and contact with administrator is also impossible without those 2 words......
you may PM me here with questions, I am a moderator on the GT40s forum.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:51 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
But your car is a clone of the original, why would HTP allow your car to race as if it was "the original"? Is it that you feel entitled because you spent money to build your clone as if it was the original, only to now be denied that very fact with the unearthing of the original chassis which makes your car ineligible for what you seek?

Have you spoken to WW?

Bill S.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
you may PM me here with questions, I am a moderator on the GT40s forum.
There must be no missunderstanding. First : I didn't construct this car, I bought it in 2005. FIA HTP rules authorize continuation or "replicas" if constructed 100% as originals, those cars receive HTP and race in FIA events (examples Gelcoe GT40 - Mustang - Cobra - Chevron - Lola and many others). Without this point there will be a lot less cars for the historic events.Second : I already race with other historic cars (MATRA MS630 and OSELLA PA6/7)in various FIA championships so I know a little bit what HTP rules are.....last year we spend time (and some money) in order to fit with the 1966 specs for MK1. Third : since 2005 I already raced with my GT40 in many historic events using the past french FIA papers issued in 2003. Because of the new HTP regulations it's now impossible to use old papers version so I need to identify the chassis manufacturer of my car (c/f FIA representative). Please understand that my only goal is to get help identifying my car.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

By the way, I tried to register to GT40.com but it was impossible. If you visit their portal and click on the register screen you will discover that they asking for a "two words for digits" random question but no explanation nor possibility for a new member to get these words. I though I was stupid so I did ask others to try to register but impossible too. And if you try to contact the administrator..... again they ask for the 2 magic words.........
Old 03-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum

Quote:
..... again they ask for the 2 magic words.........
You mean where it says "read Rule #2 for the answer to this question" and Rule #2 clearly states that you must use your real name?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
There must be no missunderstanding. First : I didn't construct this car, I bought it in 2005. FIA HTP rules authorize continuation or "replicas" if constructed 100% as originals, those cars receive HTP and race in FIA events (examples Gelcoe GT40 - Mustang - Cobra - Chevron - Lola and many others). Without this point there will be a lot less cars for the historic events.Second : I already race with other historic cars (MATRA MS630 and OSELLA PA6/7)in various FIA championships so I know a little bit what HTP rules are.....last year we spend time (and some money) in order to fit with the 1966 specs for MK1. Third : since 2005 I already raced with my GT40 in many historic events using the past french FIA papers issued in 2003. Because of the new HTP regulations it's now impossible to use old papers version so I need to identify the chassis manufacturer of my car (c/f FIA representative). Please understand that my only goal is to get help identifying my car.
Please don't misunderstand; I am not claiming your car is not FIA eligible, just that it is not "P111". Again, if you will PM me on THIS site I will see what is keeping you from registering with GT40s.com

The Magic Words" are revealed here:

Random Question: The rules of GT40s.com require me to use my ____ ____. (Two words, four letters each word, read #2 of the Forum Rules for the answer)

Last edited by Mark IV; 03-18-2013 at 11:34 AM..