14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 09:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Default Ford GT- J10

Folks:

We are nearing the end of the long restoration of Ford-Brunswick Aerospace chassis J10 in MKIV configuration. It's now at paint and we hope to have it ready to go to the SAAC Convention in May and to the GT40 reunion at the Glen in September.

Chassis J9 and J10 were unused J car tubs sold to the Agapou Brothers to race in the Can Am series. J9 was never raced (but had been built up by Ford for wind tunnel tests in CanAm configuration), but J10 raced a number of times with various drivers and different engines. J9 and J10 were given the designation of G7A (for Group 7).

Jim
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2014, 09:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Gulf GT40 CAV137, Cobra ERA286

I had a chance to see this car mid restoration a couple years back. Super job and sure to be crowd favorite when completed!

Jim, it was great to meet you at ERA on Satuday! Your GT is one of my absolute favorites! Truly a magnificent build!

Dave
Old 03-12-2014, 10:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers

That's gonna be a sweety. Very nice.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA FIA #2124

Jim, you just gave me one more reason to head out to Road America. I'll look forward to seeing it!

- Allen.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP

Dave: Thanks for your kind remarks about ERAGT2077. There are a number of minor modifications and changes from the standard ERA configuration that most folks will never see, but were important to me. I will admit that it is more art object than practical grocery getter.

Allen: Road America is always a wonderful venue for the SAAC Convention. If you do go, try to reserve a room early. One year we were halfway to Minesota before we found a place to stay.

I do want to make the 50th GT reunion at the Glen. I was there in 89 and (as one of my younger J10 partners pointedly observed,) probably won't make the 75th reunion in 2039 (they will have most certainly taken my license to drive away by then).

Jim
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Holden View Post
Dave: Thanks for your kind remarks about ERAGT2077. There are a number of minor modifications and changes from the standard ERA configuration that most folks will never see, but were important to me. I will admit that it is more art object than practical grocery getter.

Allen: Road America is always a wonderful venue for the SAAC Convention. If you do go, try to reserve a room early. One year we were halfway to Minesota before we found a place to stay.

I do want to make the 50th GT reunion at the Glen. I was there in 89 and (as one of my younger J10 partners pointedly observed,) probably won't make the 75th reunion in 2039 (they will have most certainly taken my license to drive away by then).

Jim
Ah yes Jim.....I well remember Jose was there.....with the Contemporary he had just bought that was towed back to my place for an engine rebuild. Not the best weekend for Mr. Velez!

Your ERA GT is a fabulous car.......would love to see you drive it more than in and out of the trailer!

And I am pretty sure this will be MY last GT reunion (somebody recently told me I am "middle aged", I said I didn't think humans routinely lived to 122!!!)We look forward to having you and J10 there. Please bring the ERA as well. We hope to fill the track with GTs of all sorts.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 03-12-2014, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

great to see this coming back to life...had the opportunity to see it 2 years ago at ERA ...great job saving her!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Look-a-like cobra POS

Knarly.........
Old 03-13-2014, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA Cobra 20 427 ERA GT 2075 SVT Cobra 2003 Shelby GT 500 2007

"Ah yes Jim.....I well remember Jose was there.....with the Contemporary he had just bought that was towed back to my place for an engine rebuild. Not the best weekend for Mr. Velez! "

Middle age but lousing your memory already. It was and is ERA # 20 and not a Contemporary Cobra. About the weekend in 89 is only money. I wish all the problems could be solved with money. Nice experience who not to trust.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:13 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose velez View Post
"Ah yes Jim.....I well remember Jose was there.....with the Contemporary he had just bought that was towed back to my place for an engine rebuild. Not the best weekend for Mr. Velez! "

Middle age but lousing your memory already. It was and is ERA # 20 and not a Contemporary Cobra. About the weekend in 89 is only money. I wish all the problems could be solved with money. Nice experience who not to trust.
Jose,

Right you are. My memory was confused as he (your pal Charlie) also had a CC that he sold.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA Cobra 20 427 ERA GT 2075 SVT Cobra 2003 Shelby GT 500 2007

"Right you are. My memory was confused as he (your pal Charlie) also had a CC that he sold"

Your are still confused he was not my pal but yours. "Birds of a Feather flock together."
Old 03-13-2014, 02:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

"Right you are. My memory was confused as he (your pal Charlie) also had a CC that he sold"

Your are still confused he was not my pal but yours. "Birds of a Feather flock together."
Old 03-13-2014, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Jimmy they way this winter is going we might need snow tires at Road America in May. About your drivers license it should be revoke any minute now together with Peter.

RA and The Glen are two special car crazy places to enjoy with friends.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose velez View Post

was req

I am a little confused. Do you mean to imply I screwed you? Because I didn't. The work done on your ERA was not profitable nor beyond what was required.

While I know him it does not mean we are "tight"...I "Know" you but we are not friends....

Old 03-13-2014, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

We have a saying in Spanish "El que se rasca es por que el pica". Maybe you can look for the translation. I did not write anything about "screwed you" or "what you did or did not do".

Sorry if you got upset, that was not my intention.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

One of the parts that we had to source was a Boeing 707 wiper motor. We located one in a Florida, airplane salvage/parts business. They asked if we needed the part "certified". We said; "No, it's going into an old race car." Their response was that we could find numerous wiper motors that were a lot cheaper. The reply, of course, was no, we had to have the Boeing motor. Kenny Thompson then machined up a new drive wheel to change the sweep of the wiper arm for the J car windshield.

Jim
Attached Images