21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 05:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Default GT/108 to cross the block at RM Auctions Monterey (Aug 2014)

FYI

GT/108 is scheduled to cross the block at RM Auctions Monterey in Aug 2014.

Link to online catalogue entry: 1965 Ford GT40 Roadster Prototype | Monterey 2014 | RM AUCTIONS

Old 05-22-2014, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Superformance #1309 www.spfowners.freeforums.net

Freaking sweet!

http://spfowners.freeforums.net/
Old 05-22-2014, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car

That will make a real nice addition to someone's collection.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 FIA

I remember when Tom Congleton owned the car in the 80s. He lived near Kansas City and raced the car at the Folly Vintage Grand Prix. I was 13 or 14 at the time, and hearing that thing roar through the streets of downtown was an experience that is burned into my memory forever.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:32 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Yeah I was reading about that this morning on Hemmings.

The first of four Ford GT40s built in a roadster configuration during the development of the mid-engine legend, chassis GT/108 might not have any racing provenance, but the likes of Carroll Shelby, Ken Miles, Jim Clark, and even Henry Ford II have graced its seats, and it remains the only GT40 roadster still in its original configuration. Now it’s scheduled to cross the stage at this year’s Monterey auctions. - See more at: First of four GT40 roadster prototypes built heads to auction | Hemmings Daily
Old 07-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Guys my registry was given to a friend and overseas at the moment. I was discussing this prototype with another. Dean Jeffries had a roadster version in his shop and showed me his. I just don't recall exactly what his was. Does anyone know on what I'm talking about?
Old 07-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormBringer_1 View Post
Guys my registry was given to a friend and overseas at the moment. I was discussing this prototype with another. Dean Jeffries had a roadster version in his shop and showed me his. I just don't recall exactly what his was. Does anyone know on what I'm talking about?

Sorry about that Jeffries was #109

But here is 108

http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/kj...?sort=3&page=1

Last edited by StormBringer_1; 07-17-2014 at 05:40 PM..
Old 07-20-2014, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Thumbs up 1965 Ford GT40 #108 Posted on Monterey Car Week

We posted this great GT40 Roadster Prototype on Monterey Car Week as well. Someone's going to buy an epic race car/prototype in mid-August. 1965 Ford GT40 Roadster Prototype - Monterey Car Week
Old 07-20-2014, 03:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Does anyone recall who Congleton bought it from and for how much it was advertised?

I thought he lived in Montana or someplace way out west (I don't consider Kansas City out west enough). there is a picture of Shelby taking HF II for a ride in the car on the Richard Nixon freeway (try to find that on the map!).

Also I have seen pictures of a roadster in the Sixties painted red, I wonder which of the four that was?

Thanks for any clues
Old 07-20-2014, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Does anyone recall who Congleton bought it from and for how much it was advertised?

I thought he lived in Montana or someplace way out west (I don't consider Kansas City out west enough). there is a picture of Shelby taking HF II for a ride in the car on the Richard Nixon freeway (try to find that on the map!).

Also I have seen pictures of a roadster in the Sixties painted red, I wonder which of the four that was?

Thanks for any clues
Old 07-20-2014, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: DIY Coupe, F/T ,MkIV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historybuff View Post

Thanks for any clues
You thinking of the x McLaren X1/GT110 rebodied as a MKII roadster in red?
Old 01-19-2015, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default The X1 is not included in the open GT40 Mk.I count because..

it was a big block. So you could call it a Mk.II, As far as I know it was pitched into a hole within a few miles of Shelby's LAX plant, and one former Shelby mechanic was there, and had some small pieces as keepsakes. I think modern methods could find it.

Anybody know who did Tom Congleton bought his open car from and was it a bargain back then? It's a pity Jeffries got on that Indy car engine kick--that took up 25 years of getting his back on the road, and I don't know if it was street drivable when he died. Leaving in the 289 pushrod would have made it drivable much earlier,

Last edited by Historybuff; 01-19-2015 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-20-2015, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 FIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historybuff View Post
Anybody know who did Tom Congleton bought his open car from and was it a bargain back then? It's a pity Jeffries got on that Indy car engine kick--that took up 25 years of getting his back on the road, and I don't know if it was street drivable when he died. Leaving in the 289 pushrod would have made it drivable much earlier,
According to RM:

By 1978, GT/108 was owned by Harley Cluxton III, of Grand Touring Cars in Scottsdale, and the roadster was offered by him a year later and purchased by John Robertson, of Big Fork, Montana. Robertson notably reverted the nose to white and added black Le Mans stripes, and the original white paint is believed to largely remain intact to this day.

Passing through Cluxton again in 1983, the GT roadster was then acquired by Tom Congleton, of Mission Hills, Kansas, who soon embarked on a full mechanical restoration.

No idea what was paid though.