28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2006, 11:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF GT40 with Roush 427 IR 8 stack injected
Default Thinking of selling my spot

I recently placed a deposit with Superformance on a soon to arrive GT40. I have specified a Roush 427 IR dart block 8 stack injected engine ( 570 - 585 bhp ). The car will arrive stateside within 4 weeks from now. I am thinking of passing my position as I feel I am getting into the same situation I was in recently when I owned an 03 Porsche GT2...................its was a two seater and I now have a 20 month old baby girl that I enjoy being around alot and I hated going for a drive alone...................always! I sold it and bought a 2006 M5 blk/blk. It is trully a stellar vehicle. Problem is I really want to get back on the track and would like a car that I could put a pair of small seats in the back when we want to go for a club run / drive / etc. I ordered a 997 GT3RS and it may take a year to be available to me so the GT 40 was ordered to fill the gap in between. I figure I will be into it for around $ 122,000 licensed, tax paid, and on the street in Southern California. It is red in color with white stripes and black interior. I have been told it is probably the nicest GT40 replica out there. I,m sure there are others that would differ...........that,s ok as I simply want to know if there is anyone out there that would like to buy my position. I called quite a few Superformance dealers and was told by all that the current wait time was about 8 to 12 months with 46 cars ordered at that time. BTW, i sold the GT2 because I hated the sound of the car and want a normally aspirated track car. It was very fast ( I think the M5 is actually faster though! )
Old 04-23-2006, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF#1393,392 SVO stroker

Do you know what the chassis # is?
Old 04-23-2006, 08:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: CSX Cars

Craig,

I thought the GT3RS is not coming to the states? If it is that is good news.

Allan
Old 04-23-2006, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Superformance 427 Side-Oiler
Wink

Kids are why there are roof racks.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

The chassis number is #SPF GT 010. Engine chosen has not been actually ordered as yet so engine can be of buyers choice. I simply wanted an injected 427 due to its visual appeal along with performance and durability with the Dart iron block. As for the GT3RS, I am number 4 on the GT3 list coming to my local dealer and number 1 on any RS cars if they do come here. There is much speculation but I think with PCNA,s business plan, there is at least a reasonable chance it is coming. By the time I have to choose my GT3 options on car # 4, they should know if the RS is coming. If so, I definitely will shift my choice to the RS of course.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: csx70??,289 hipo

i have an '04 GT3 and received some advanced information (publications) from the factory. as of yet there is not a "RS" available as of yet and as far as the 2 seater issue that's all that would be available on any of the GT3 cars.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA 454 S.O.

How much??

“If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower.”

Mark Donahue
Old 04-23-2006, 10:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Frigo
How much??
$ 10,000.00 replaces my $ 10,000.00 deposit on file. The balance of funds to buy the car would be per SPF terms. Mark May has been my contact and I,m sure will explain everything. He has been great and if not for my situation, I would love to complete the purchase.