Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2006, 12:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: BACKDRAFT (302) engine
Arrow Cav Gt40 --for Sale -- 66' Ford Gt40

THE CAV GT40

This CAV GT40, also know as the world's MOST ENDURING sports car, is being offered for sale.
NO EXPENSE has been sparred when this BEAST was built. When I say NO EXPENSE sparred,
Custom built brackets, a special gear made for the distributor that matched the camshaft. The mirrors were custom built and it has orig. knockoff wheels. Gauges are all Smith, and this BEAST has close to 400 HP.
This BEAST is TERRIBLY fast, and I drive it very sparringly while on the West Coast.
That is not very often as you can see the LOW MILEAGE of just 560Mi. This is not a KIT car, by FAR, a kit car, would in essence be rudely disrespectful. I have gotten compliments on this machine
from passerby's to police officers admiring the car, to the everyday Ferrari at the red light, ready to be swallowed whole.

The GT40 Absolutley dips into corners and loves the outer Apex of corners. With close to 380Hp to the wheels
it's a true race car looking for a new master.

THE BEST FORD GT RECREATION ON THE PLANET - HANDS DOWN

BUILT in late 04'/Early 05' - - & Not as yet Registered, so it is OPEN. It can be registered in AZ as a 66' Ford NO PROBLEM!!!!

One of the last models made by CAV before the Chassis change, so it has Continuous Welding....

*****CAR IS SIMPLY AMAZING*****

This Beast BRAND SPANKING NEW was around $78k WITHOUT:
Engine, Transmission, mirrors, stripping & AC.

The CAV originally had the ZF Trans. bought in Germany
BUT I took it out for the more street friendly Audi Getrag 5spd. Think about 110mph in 3rd gear, A bit MUCH!
The custom mirrors were about $8k and handbuilt, with convex glass, the motor is bullet proof, and has been dialed in by Grand Prix driver "Malcom Motorsports".
As mentioned the CAV is NOT REGISTERED, by CA idiotic laws, and I am more than willing to register the CAV as an AZ 66' Ford.

ZERO - 60Mph : 4.5seconds & ZERO - 100Mph: 9.5seconds

I suggest some serious racing lessons before thinking of bidding on this machine, it is TRULY, a behemoth to handle.
There is a new Ford Racing engine, stainless steel chassis, and this BEAST sits in my warehouse in San Diego, CA.
Along with this GREAT car, comes FREE SHIPPING/Depending on locale & Price.

Please feel free to call me at anytime if you have any questions or to schedule a private viewing/inspection

PRICE: $93K/OBO

All Serious Offers Will Be Entertained

Specifications

Chassis

- Monocoque, TIG welded high-grade stainless steel, integral roll over and side impact protection, tubular sub frames for radiator and transmission.
Suspension

- Independent unequal length wishbones offset A frame, anti-roll bar, aluminum upright (front). Independent double trailing links, lower inverted A frame and upper transverse link wishbones, anti-roll bar, aluminum upright (rear). Built in anti-drive, anti-squat, near zero bump steer.
Springs/Dampers

- Competition coil over gas shocks with adjustable damping rate and variable spring height.
Brakes

- Dual circuit, front rear split with servo assistance, tandem master cylinder, i
proportioning valve. 11.375" ventilated rotors (front). 11.375" ventilated rotors with
separate handbrake caliper (rear).
Steering

- rack and pinion. 3.2 turn from lock to lock.Wheels - BRM style alloy pin drive replica with center knock off 8'T"15" front 10" x 15" rear.
Fuel tanks

(2) - 10 gallon fuel safety cells sill mounted. Original style filler caps, total capacity 20 U.S. gallons. Individual electric pumps and filters with dash change over switch.
Exhaust

- stainless steel original pattern "Bundle of Snakes" eight-branch header system with two collectors, muffler and stainless steel heat shield.
Transmission

- aluminum bell housing 5 speed Getrag transaxle with a 5 button 9" clutch and Race specifications drive shafts with CV joints.

Cooling

- high efficiency, six-core front mounted aluminum radiator with twin auxiliary electric fans. Thermostatic controlled manual override.
Body

- (high strength fiberglass composite construction.) Style: Two door GT, Length: 164.5". Width: 70" Height: 40.5." Wheelbase: 95" Dry Weight: 2,350 Ibs (including 302/Getrag), weight distribution 44F 56R. Ground Clearance: 5" (in road trim)
Interior

- Carpet automotive quality, Leather Dash-board, and doors, Leather seats are adjustable fore/aft, with brass/aluminum vent grommets, pedal box adjustable for tall drivers.
Electrical

- original style gauges (VDO/Smiths) and switches all circuits fused and relayed. Cibie headlamps, all other lights original pattern. Rear mounted battery box with master isolator switch. With top of the line MSD egnition
Malcolm Motor Sports

Engine Specifications

…….
Engine block; 1980s 302 302, 331, 347 cubic inches

Heads; Ford racing heads "X-heads" Gt-40 1.94" intake 1.54" exhaust

Valves; premium stainless steel

Camshaft; hydraulic roller cam M-6250 f303, or z303 for fair to good idling

Rocker arms; Roller Arms -6564 a50-1.7, b351-1.6, or e351-1.72

Lifters; .874 Solid Lifters or roller lifters

Crankshaft; cast or forged to exceed FRPP requirements

Push rod;

Piston Rods;

Pistons; Forged with molly rings

Water pump v-belt pump

Distributor Mallory Aluminum Billet MSD

Intake man. Polished Aluminum Victor Jr. Edelbrock Air Gap Manifold

Carburation Road Demon

Valve covers Aluminum Ford Racing 3.75"

Oil pan stock Ford Racing

Note; Distributor gears match cam material and use proper gear heights.
ENGINE SPECFICATIONS

302 XB3M 395 HP
. MARCH PULLYS

. FORD RACING

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

ENGINE 302 XB3M FROM FORD RACING

9.0 TO 1 COMPRESSION RATIO

X HEADS M-6049-X303

HYDRAULIC ROLLER CAM M-6250-B303 M-6007-XB3

INTAKE 1.94"

EXHAUST 1.54"

@ 4000 RPM VALVE LIFT IS .480

ON BOTH INTAKE AND EXHAUST

DURATION AT .050" IS 224 DEGREES

ON BOTH INTAKE AND EXHAUST
Old 09-22-2006, 04:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed

...one thread for a For Sale offering is sufficient.

thanks
ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 09-26-2006, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

What is an outer apex ?
Nice car. Is it all jacked up for off-roading ?

Last edited by Johan; 09-27-2006 at 09:12 AM..
Old 09-26-2006, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Autofanatic - I've got this one for you - it's obvious Johan that the Outer Apex is opposite the Inner Apex.

Nice looking car.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO

what is the car number?
Old 09-26-2006, 08:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: FFR chassis and suspension, Mr. Bruce 289 FIA body

Over priced. He was trying to sell this car on the GT40s forum by sending a PM to every member. He was eventually banned
Old 09-27-2006, 02:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Wink Cav Gt40

Cracker-Thanks; that was obviously a mute effort at annoyance..lol

Bill-D : Overpriced you think, hey it's OBO so throw out a #, or step aside.
Sir, No I was not banned, although I did post incorrectly, a guerilla style ploy, which ended up an obnoxious & fruitless effort, and that I regret.

-At the end of the day, I'm looking for a serious buyer, that's all. -

BuzzMobile : The car # is in the mid 90's/Although all details I have NO PROBLEM revealing to a seriously interested party. I've gotten so much ridiculous questions and hate mail on this car, it's like a friggin old boys network. Fo what reason I don't know, some people are clicquish I suppose.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

I know they did a bunch of updating over time...so what would be the basic differences between this car and a car I would order new from CVA? I know engine/trans is variable...but I am talking more about chassis, etc. To give you some history, I bought an older SPF cobra, and for the money that I gave to update it, I could have just ordered new....and that is what I am trying to avoid with the GT40 quest.

Buzz
Old 09-27-2006, 03:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006

Cobra Make & Engine: RCR Lola Spider

Buzz there used to be a thread on GT40s.com about all the differences. It was started by AutoFutura if I remember right and naturally listed all the new changes they'd made to the car when they emerged from bankruptcy/re-organization. About 2 years old.

R
Old 09-27-2006, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Do you still have the ZF and is it available for purchase ?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

One of the last models made by CAV before the Chassis change, so it has Continuous Welding....

Chassis

- Monocoque, TIG welded high-grade stainless steel, integral roll over and side impact protection, tubular sub frames for radiator and transmission.
Suspension

ok, little confused. does this mean that this car is a mono or not? if it was one of the last cars before the "chassis change" what is the scoop on this?

thanks
Buzz
Old 10-05-2006, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Thumbs up Cav Gt40

Hey Guys,
Sorry for the delay there.

Ok so to answer some questions, as best I can -

Yes this CAV does have the Mono Chassis, which is the more desireable chassis. Although I WISH this had the ZF still in it. As you know I'm brokering the car for a very knowledgeable client of mine in CA, and he originally purchased the CAV with the ZF (said he was doing 110 in 3rd gear) and sold the ZF in favor of something easier to handle roadwise. The guages are ALL Smith, and there was aspecial gear made for the distributor that mached thecamshaft, all custom built brackets, and the serial # is in the mid 90's.

(RLEARP) Yes you are correct AutoFutura took over and made 37 improvements, of which some same for the better, others claim it takes away from the cars originality. But as I am NOT GT40's expert and just a novice at this point, 'll refrain from shooting off my mouth.

Anyhow, anything else just ask. PM's are better for me guys, but 'll continue to check the thread sporadically until, tis beauty sells.

P.S./Just in my efforts alone on this one, I've come across another red/white rally stripes (YES! YES! With the coveted ZF) BUT with a higher price, of arond $94k.

Best,
Mark
Old 10-14-2006, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Looking at Superformance and Kirkham Cobras
Default Cav GT40 For Sale

What does the car weigh?

Thanks,
Bill