28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2006, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO
Default itchin to have one again...

OK, been looking some more. would like to find one partially completed. CAV would be a good choice for me. I like the RCR, but no many out there. I am concerned about the lack of support for roaring forty cars...dead company and all.

Anyone have one they want to sell?

Buzz
Old 09-24-2006, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!

Buzz, I am with you! I thought I would see if the "itch" would pass with time but it hasn't! I quess I will have to buy one too. I have seen a lot of RF cars. Some seem to be great deals. I know of kits as low as $35000 and all you need is a motor and paint! I know where there is a running car for $55000. I have the same concerns that you do. I really think that if you are willing to do the work as therepy, Fran at RCR has the best car. For less than $60000 you could have a remarkable car! I also believe that Fran would stand behind his car to the very end. I think it might be the best car to accomadate our size issues.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO

Less than $60k for an RCR? Kit + ZF + motor would hit around $60k. Add bodywork, paint, and incidentals and you'd hit $70-80k.

Not that I'm complaining mind you... it's just my spreadsheet keeps hitting $70k+

Who is John Galt?
Old 09-25-2006, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!

I think $60,000 is totally possible. The kit at $42k, paint at $5k $13k for engine and tranny can be done. No, it would not get you a stroked, injected, radical engine and a ZF, but it would get you a great driving engine and an Audi 016. I am not saying I would go that direction but you could. Most of the RF GT40 cars I have seen run the Audi box. $7k would buy you a nice 302 or 351 street engine. A ZF and a hot engine with webers will certainly cost you $20k but no more than that, at least where I am from.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO

and with all the completed replicas in the 90k+ range, even 70 is looking better and better. heck, to get a SPF on the road is gonna cost you 100k if you go with webers and a ZF. ERA, I have been quoted 130K for a USED one. CAVs are in the 90s used.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

You can easily build a 347/carb/ZF combo for 13K!

Ron
Old 09-26-2006, 05:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006

Cobra Make & Engine: RCR Lola Spider

Although completed replicas list in the $90+ range, they rarely sell for that. If fact, you'll find plently of asking prices in the $55 to $75k range for some nice cars. I used to have a spreadsheet a couple years back that listed prices and largely they were CAVs. In fact, Wayne Presley's CAV is on Ebay right now with a buy it now of $78k, and there have been many before in this range.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelb...QQcmdZViewItem

There was a complete running and tagged ERA in the midwest that went for around $76k if I remember right, about 2 years ago, and a nice CAV with webers for about $67k around 1 year ago. If you look around you'll get a good price.

You could definitely build a car for $60k if you wished, even lower if you want to.

Ron

Last edited by rlearp; 09-26-2006 at 06:15 AM..