28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2007, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF MKIII, SPO2891, SPO1649
Default Superformance MKI GT40 at Dynamic

Visited Dynamic this afternoon and was able to see the GT40's rolling in from South Africa. Here are a few of the first GT40 MKI's in the Country. Also if you look closely you will see that the MKII is a right hand drive, sweet or what.

These cars are so well put together it is difficult not to lust after one of them. Pitty I can't afford one. Enjoy the photos.

If you want one you better hurry, they will not last long, call Dean or Jim at Dynamic 513-738-4000. They are just awesome.

Juan

2432 Crittenden Drive, Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40217
http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com
juan@lbrdesign.com
502-558-2904

Last edited by froggyman; 11-07-2010 at 10:08 AM..
Old 01-09-2007, 03:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.

I agree Juan, love the car, not the price. I actually started to research the possibility of building one but, like you, can't afford one. Check out RCR (Race Car Replicas) it's a very high quality car. Still, with the drive train I would use ect... the cost is apx. 70-80k. Damn !
Old 01-14-2007, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Hmmm......

Since I started my research on which GT40 manufacturer to buy from, there were a few ground rules that I laid down for myself. I am not going to buy from anyone that has only been in business for only a couple of years, I was not going to buy a car from anyone that did not have a demo car available to drive, and I am not going to buy from anyone that tried to pull any "smoke and mirrors" tricks.

I have been buying high performance cars for years. I have made most of my purchases from the same dealer because I believe there is something to be said for business ethics, and professional practices. With that being said, I have ruled out buying anything from RCR because of something I discovered the other night. I wanted to show my wife pictures of a Superformance GT40 that they have listed on the Superformance web site. For some reason instead of entering www.superformance.com I entered in www.superformancegt40.com thinking it would take me directly to their gallery site for the GT40. But it did not. In fact it took me to RCR's web site. Now I understand that "all is fair in love and war", but this really turned my stomach. This is what I refer to as a "smoke and mirrors" trick. In business, if your product can stand up for itself, you do not need to resort to these kinds of tricks. When I am booking an airline ticket, www.delta.com does not take me to United's site. I don't know what you guys think, but I found this to be a big turnoff!!
Old 01-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006

BECLEE,

as this is your first post I find it quite suspicious.....but I will enlighten you and anyone else that cares to read.

I was made aware of this situation a week or two ago when talking with Lance of Superformance Replicars.

I own RCR but I employ a web based advertising company to take care of the website and its associated online advertising.

From what I have been told this situation is being handled with the Superformance representatives....

Seems the company I employ is a little more Internet savvy than the one used by Superformance International.

There is also this company named Superformance
http://www.superformance.com.au/ est.1979
and this one
http://www.superformance.co.uk/ est. 1999

Neither linked to Superformance.com est 1996

End of story...and thanks for your opinion.....

Last edited by Fran Hall RCR; 01-14-2007 at 01:11 PM..
Old 01-14-2007, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Findling 001 - starting scratch build
Question superformancegt40.com WHOIS

Registrant:
Race Car Replicas
33773 Groesbeck HIghway
Fraser, Michigan 48026
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: SUPERFORMANCEGT40.COM
Created on: 30-Sep-06
Expires on: 30-Sep-08
Last Updated on:

Administrative Contact:
Hall, Francis gt40fran@wideopenwest.com
Race Car Replicas
33773 Groesbeck HIghway
Fraser, Michigan 48026
United States
5862947002 Fax -- (586) 294-7019

Technical Contact:
Hall, Francis gt40fran@wideopenwest.com
Race Car Replicas
33773 Groesbeck HIghway
Fraser, Michigan 48026
United States
5862947002 Fax -- (586) 294-7019

Domain servers in listed order:
PARK29.SECURESERVER.NET
PARK30.SECURESERVER.NET

....Fred
Old 01-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006

Correct...the listing you have shown is in the public domain ....

The negotiations with Superformance International is being handled by another ...

Last edited by Fran Hall RCR; 01-14-2007 at 05:55 PM..
Old 01-14-2007, 02:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF, 351W, Wilwoods, 17" PS Eng w/Michelin Pilot Sports, Race Bilsteins

Juan, Great Pictures! Thanks for keeping us up to date. Glad to see the MkII body style arriving in the USA. I understand that Olthoff Racing also has the MkII in house as well. I have a friend in Chattanooga, TN that owns eight Corvettes, has orange blood in his veins, and never owned a MOPAR or Ford product in his life. A few months ago he bought a Viper coupe and is planning on ordering an SPF GT40 in the next few months. He could easily afford a new GT, but wants a LeMans replica! I'm sure that RCR and most of the others are great cars as is the Superformance GT40.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: BDR 302 AFR 165

GT 40 by Superformance is an awesome car. I might have to take a trip to see one of these.

later

dennis
Old 01-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)

I sat in the Superformance GT40 this past summer @ Mid-Ohio. Whitey's Auto Mall http://www.whiteysautomall.com/ had one on display along with a Cobra and Noble.

I am not sure if Whitey's is a direct dealer or a sub-dealer for Dynamic. Either way the GT40 was awesome with the typical fit and finish one would expect from Superformance.

I think they still have it in stock according to their website.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default New MKI

Guys, I am glad you like the photos. Dynamic is a very short drive from Louisville and a buddy of mine and I go there about once a month to visit. They are a classy bunch. They are the ones I bought my first Superformance from and have always welcomed me to their place at any time.

If any of you are contemplating buying one of these cars you will not go wrong. I have been seeing these since they first came in the country last year and the quality is superb. The fit and finish is second to none.

Give Dean Rosen or Jim Gander a call, 513-738-4000, they will be glad to welcome you and give you the ride of your life, but come with cash because at the end of the day you will want one, bad. It happened to me.

Louisville, KY 40217
juan@lbrdesign.com
502-558-2904
Old 01-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)

Juan ~

You are correct, Dean and Jim and great guys as is the rest of the Dynamic crew. I purchased my 1st cobra from Dean and must say that he is a 1st class act as is his father Ron.

I remember when Dean gave me a ride in the Noble when they first came out, probably one of the fastest cars I have ever been in.

Dynamic is about a 3 hour drive for me and I would sometimes find myself having to take a weekend road trip in the winter just to get my "cobra fix".

Do you know if Whitey's is a sub-dealer for them??
Old 01-14-2007, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default Mki

I don't know. Check the Superformance website and see.

Louisville, KY 40217
juan@lbrdesign.com
502-558-2904
Old 01-14-2007, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder

I wouldn't be avoid buying a GT from RCR because of the website thing. I never would have known about the issue if wasn't posted here. Unfortunately with domain names, if you have someone else doing your work in that area stuff like this can occur. I have been looking at a MKIV from RCR. I like the MKI and IIs, and have 2 SPF's that I like a lot, the IV is a little more sensual to me...I know it's a car not a woman, but they do trigger some of the same feelings. Except, I have had better luck with cars
Old 01-14-2007, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Woody what are you up to? Have not seen you since London Cobra Show. Looking forward to seeing you again. How's the wife and your Jack?

Juan

Louisville, KY 40217
juan@lbrdesign.com
502-558-2904
Old 01-14-2007, 08:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder

Juan, We're doing great. Jack the dog has a sister now so he's trimmed down some. Been pretty busy in the shop, finally finished a long term project that has been a thorn in my side, but turned out beautifully. We look forward to seeing you again as well. Take Care My Friend.

www.gearheadcity.com
Old 01-15-2007, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF #623 460/4x2

I dont know Fran....seems cheezy not savvy.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Personally I find it cheezy to snipe at Fran and his product in a post like this rather than talking with him directly first. The post by Beclee reminds me far too much of Oliver's ramblings...."I have ruled out buying anything from RCR because of something I discovered the other night".....please. If anyone thinks a phrase like was completely altruistic and aimed at protecting the greater enthusiat comunity I have a bridge to sell you.

Just my two lincolns.

Tim