28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 09:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Factory Five Racing MKIII Roadster 347
Default SPF GT40 MkIIa in Florida new price: $95,000

He goes by "Jason A" and deals in exotics; he has driven GT3's, Ferraris and Lamboghinis but when he drove the Superformance MKIIb, he says "the fastest car I have ever driven"....

Here's what he's posted up:

1966 GT40 MK II Licenses continuation car is manufactured by superformance, license by saffirGT40 and Shelby registry eligible.

Mila gage: 470
Exterior Color: Red with White lemans stripping on top/sides
Engine: Roush 427 CU. IN.
Transaxle: ZF/RBT
Weight: 2400LB

Street legal Gt40 MKII build from original blueprints of a 1966 GT40 lemans winning race car that beat Ferrari. The GT40 MK II is fully sorted, has the gurney bubble, ceramic coasted headers and fully licensed in Florida. This car has A/C that blows Ice cold and oversize radiator fans for trouble free summer driving.

The chassis is an exact replication of the original monococque unibody structure down to the press steel roof spider. The only departure is the use of electro-galvanized sheet steel in the construction. The chassis, at over 12,000 pounds per degree is stiffer then any other Chassis on the market and is made up of over 244 laser cut and bent or presses parts

The suspension features the original race car lay out. Two thirds of the continuation parts are interchangeable on the original car!

The Gt40 Continuation accurately replicates the original chassis, suspension, wheel hbs, uprights, pedal box, instruments, steering, dash, headers, catches and latches, just to name a few

Automobile owners also have the luxury of modern safety modifications such as wilwood super light brakes, bilstein shocks with H & R Springs, an adjustable pedal box. Cross flow radiator. Air conditions which has been added with the compressor unit cleverly disguised in a mock up dry sump placed in the original position.

The Interiors features original style seats and racing 4 point harness seat belts. The GT40 with comfortably fit a 6’2 240LB driver by removing the seat “trampoline” support. A racing style dash features smith gauges. The GT40 has Rack and pinion steering and has been fitted with a removable steering wheel for easy access to the cockpit.

Pictures are found on the site: Luxury4play.com

http://www.luxury4play.com/american-...ever-been.html

Last edited by 289fia_cobra; 11-23-2008 at 10:40 AM..
Old 11-14-2008, 09:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: spf 2489 kc 427

It looks like the '66 version, mkIIa. MkIIb was the '67 version, no scoop or snorkels on the back deck
Old 11-23-2008, 10:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Factory Five Racing MKIII Roadster 347

My bad. I don't know my GT40's well.

On another note, Jason has heard the owner is willing to let go of the GT40 for $95,000.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40

the unfortunate reality is that the market prices this car around 85K. there have been at least 3 sold in this range recently
Old 11-23-2008, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: 1966 contemporary with a real 1965 427 SO

Very cool car, I just looked at a ford GT in CA last week that sold for 135k
Old 11-23-2008, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not to rub salt in the wound but there is a gt40 roller on ebay right now, brand spanking new for buy it now price of $50K, throw in $30K for engine and transaxle and you are at $80K for a new superformance gt40. I am tempted to do it myself but am still trying to figure out what a transaxle and install kit go for.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

transaxle--12,500(new RBT ZF) clutch , bell throwout ect--2500-3000 add 1500 for install kit, incidentals, 12-18 for a killer 427w
Old 11-23-2008, 03:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Thanks entdoc
Old 11-23-2008, 07:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Building 289 Lemans / FFR mkIV chassis w/ Bruce Chervenak

Hey Chuck. Is the visibility out of the front of the SPF a little better than the CAV? I sat in the Backdraft GT recently and forward visibility was rough. (I know it's not great in either). I presume the rear window is pretty much useless in both.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

they are about the same in front. The MK11s have worse rear vision than the MK1s do, and MK1s are very poor. When you get out of a GT40 and hop into a cobra it is amazing how good you can see out of the cobra. GT40s in traffic is an aquired talent.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Building 289 Lemans / FFR mkIV chassis w/ Bruce Chervenak

Is was a bit of a surprise to me. It was like laying back in a dentist's chair and trying to look ahead through a sliver. But damn they sure look good. Looks like if I do anything with a roof it'll be a coupe. Hope all is well. I and my other buddies are having a ball with the Panoz cars.

This car was sweet.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

yea, that was a fast one, it is now in Norway. the coupes are definitly easier to live with, but the GTs are the prettiest cars ever made as far as I am concerned. I am glad to see the Panoz went to a good home so it can get some use.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
Not to rub salt in the wound but there is a gt40 roller on ebay right now, brand spanking new for buy it now price of $50K, throw in $30K for engine and transaxle and you are at $80K for a new superformance gt40. I am tempted to do it myself but am still trying to figure out what a transaxle and install kit go for.
I'm sure that the install work and shakedown isn't a trivial task. Based on the parts estimate that ENTDOC provided, a price of $85K starts to look good based on today's market.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 11-24-2008, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

I agree a documented SPF/equivalent GT does not sound bad for $85K, in fact it sounds pretty good