14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 03:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

I would love to attend the Shelby American Collection in December. Gonna try. There's a pretty cool list of people going to attend, I'm told. Thanks everyone for chiming in re: this movie thing. Fingers are crossed.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Kirkham 427sc

AJ, I enjoyed watching the interview with Jay, and was excited to hear about the movie rights being picked up!
We can only hope they do it justice and don't CGI the production up too much. From the pod cast of Adam Carolla the producer sounded pretty excited about the project.
Looks like Daniel Day Lewis would make a great Ken Miles.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:21 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I have in the past contributed to CC

Cobra Make & Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Exclamation

Who does Brad Pitt want to play? Enzo?!?!? I have heard he is on track to be Frank Bullitt in a remake of Bullitt.

Geez, there are NO new ideas in Hollywood.

And after your story gets a "treatment", is rewritten twice, changed after the screenwriter quits and the "rescue writer" is brought in during filming, you will be the proud author of "Cannonball Run V"!!!! "Directed by Alan Smithee"!!!

You remember critical point during the night at LeMans 1966 when Donna Mae Mimms (Pam Anderson) cut off Fangio (Antonio Banderas) in the GT40 that was built the night before by the volunteers from prison and Fangio had to crash rather than run over the crippled orphan boy who had given Fangio his treasured good luck amulet during the blessing by the Pope.......................Yeah, that's the ticket!!!!!!!!

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 10-30-2009, 12:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Well done!! Yes, it's a tricky world out there in Hollywood. When you're talking about spending millions, maybe hundreds of millions, on a project you intend to then make money on, you get a lot of people standing around yelling about what should and shouldn't be. But in the end, the story of Ford/Ferrari is right there, so cinematic. The only thing I can see them doing is putting together a composite character or two in order to bend the story into something that makes sense, that could climax at Le Mans 1966. Hopefully the movie gets made (if only for the paycheck!)
Old 10-30-2009, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J._Baime View Post
Well done!! Yes, it's a tricky world out there in Hollywood. When you're talking about spending millions, maybe hundreds of millions, on a project you intend to then make money on, you get a lot of people standing around yelling about what should and shouldn't be. But in the end, the story of Ford/Ferrari is right there, so cinematic. The only thing I can see them doing is putting together a composite character or two in order to bend the story into something that makes sense, that could climax at Le Mans 1966. Hopefully the movie gets made (if only for the paycheck!)
When you think of it it would be cool to premier the movie on the 50th anniversary but 2016 is so far away. But that might just be how long it would take to make it anyway.

Sure hope Carroll gets to see it.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF2089

Finally got around to the book.
Very entertaining and well written.
I learned more than a few things.
Well done.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006

Cobra Make & Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean

Read it a couple of weeks ago. Very entertaining, lots of interesting details about the main characters. I would love to see the movie happen sooner than later.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR

Here's a picture of the book signed by the Shelby American crew at the gathering last week.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Here's a picture of the book signed by the Shelby American crew at the gathering last week.

Now that's a great first page!
Old 12-14-2009, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Reading it for the second time. First was the big picture, second is to focus on the details. Excellent reference for GT40 fans, Ferrari fans, and Caroll Shelby fans.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Classic Roadster, 302, roller cam, Holley 650

The book is as good as represented. Was in Summer courses in college and sat up the whole night and listened to the race on the radio (pre-Speed TV).
It was really great getting behind the scenes and being made aware of all the political BS that went on. Thanks for creating this insider look.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: SPF #2608, Roush 427SR T-W

Just finished "Go Like Hell" book and thought it was excellent. I was thinking if Shelby didn't have the medical conditions to keep him from driving he probably would have been killed like so many other drivers of the time. Funny how bad things sometimes make other good things possible (Like Shelby creating our favorite race car).
Old 12-05-2011, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: Superformance Mk III / Windsor platform

AJ - are you still around these parts? Has there been any further development on a movie?
Old 02-21-2012, 03:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default brad Pitt recently tested a F1 car in France

Hey, AJ since Brad Pitt was mentioned as a possible lead, does his sudden interest in race carsw have
anything to do with your project?
Is there a reel of sample film being shown at any festival?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Default found this 2011 story but seems very specious

from June 4, 2011 predicting movie will start filming in 2011.Well, 2012 is almost done and they were wrong. Here's the website:

Brad Pitt in the race for 24 hours of Le Mans? - Free Movie online, trailers, news, info*|*Free Movie online, trailers, news, info

Movie infos

Brad Pitt in the race for 24 hours of Le Mans?
Published on June 4, 2011 by wemoviesadmin · No Comments
Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)

Brad Pitt should be showing a film about the legendary race car. The movie should be headed by the equally mythical Michael Mann.

Brad Pitt is definitely a versatile actor!

After playing the role of a Nazi hunter in “Inglorious Basterds” or abusive father in “Tree of Life”, the American actor would end up showing a movie about car racing.

Entitled “Go Like Hell”, the movie takes place during the famous 24 Hours of Le Mans race and address the special edition of 1966, when the rivalry between Ford and Ferrari were very strong.

We do not yet know if Brad Pitt, who must take the role of a pilot, will be on the German or Italian.

This is Michael Mann, who has already made ​​some masterpieces such as “Heat or Public Enemies” who will shoot the film, as announced!

According to some rumors, the shooting should begin in late 2011.

It must still remember that this is not the first time that Hollywood is interested in this legendary race, indeed, unforgettable Steve McQueen had already filmed in Le Mans in 1970.

No information is yet leaked about the rest of the cast, but knowing Michael Mann, we can expect fist class of actors for the film.

-----------------------------------------------------------------