Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Hurricane Motorsports

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2006, 03:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default sway bars

anyone running sway bars on their ride? Were they hard to put in? Where did you get them.

Dan
Old 02-23-2006, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Dan
We've had some discussion about sway bars on the owners forum. One car (HM1010) has just been fitted a VPM sway bar to the front suspension. I believe it's the same bar that fits an FFR roadster. Seems to fit well.
Also, Dean (dlampe) installed sway bars on HM1002 but I can't remember which bars he used. They were splined sway bars as I remember.

None of us have gotten to the rear yet as far as I know, but we have looked at a couple different manfacturers.
Here's a link to VPM: http://www.vintageperformancemotorcars.com/home.htm
Larry
Old 02-24-2006, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks,
Larry, how does the car handle with just the front sway bar? Does it cause it to over or under steer?

Dan
Old 02-24-2006, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Dan
Except for a couple, most of the cars are still in the build stage and haven't been driven yet. So to answer your question, I don't know.
There's going to be a few completed at about the same time (soon too!), so handling conditions will be worked out then.
But you could email Dean ("dlampe", member here) and ask him about his. I know it had some track time and he worked out the handling on his.

My car is "backing up" at the moment. I'm thinking seriously about switching it to IRS and I know it will have to not only have a front sway bar but also a rear. I'm sure I will have to play around with bar size/rate to get it right but that's all part of the fun in my book!
Larry
Old 02-24-2006, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs Hurricane Motorsports 427 Roadster
Not Ranked     

Larry,
I don't think you will need a rear sway bar either with or without the IRS. Handling is very balanced on car HM1002 with an IRS and just a front sway bar. I would be concerned about oversteer problems if you added a rear sway bar. HM1002 has great handling - little body roll and predictable steering. Dean was racing it at high speeds with great results.

Dan,
We may soon be offering a front sway-bar soon as an upgrade option. The car handles very competently without the front sway bar, but if you will be racing or autocrossing , it will allow the use of a slightly softer spring while still helping control body roll and understeer.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Rich,
Thanks for your comments, and thank you for the time you spent with me when I was out in Kansas. The Sti should be sold next week crossing my fingers. I am in the middle of the move too.. So it's a crazy time, but I will probably make my order soon and let you guys start putting it together for me.

When do you think this sway bar option would be available?

Dan
Old 02-24-2006, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the info Rich!
I figured with the articulation (for lack of a better word) of IRS, it would need a sway bar but maybe not.
I'll have to play around with it when the time comes. That's the fun part!
Larry
Old 02-24-2006, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs Hurricane Motorsports 427 Roadster
Not Ranked     

It will probably be available in the next month or two.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

awesome, I am sure if I order the kit before then, that you will let me buy it when it comes available.

Thanks again Rich for taking your time with me.. BTW, You do incredible paint work

DAn