Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Indiana Cobra Enthusiasts (ICE)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rowen Replicar 351C wish it ran :) Anxiously awaiting delivery of my Road Serpent :)
Not Ranked     

Hi gang, I'm still here too. Would like for us to get together soon. We could meet at the Out Back again and have A first Second Annual Bernie Knight and Hershal Shanks Welcome to So. In. dinner unfortunatley with out Bernie or Hershal. There are several great Cobra guys around here and would like to see us get together. Also there are several fairly close folks from KCC that might be interested too.

Scott, gald you had yours out. I remember when you bought it. It's a nice machine.

I do not know about Wayne or his brother. If we decide to get together, I'll call Wayne's office and see if he can join us and account for himself. At the last dinner he seemed to have a good time and suggested we do it again soon.

What about Fri. night, May 6th? If we can get a small concensus, we'll make a separate post and maybe catch a little more attention.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Rick Yeager

Great to see some activity there. Yes a while since hershal and I called through. I did some some time in Evansville with Wayne and his son Mark some time before.

Mmmm wouldn't take much to call down again. I get over to Chicago now and then with work as the main area for the franchise is in Oakbrook.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 04-28-2011, 03:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

R Scott Richey

Scott,

Great to hear from you. I fondly remember the laps of the track with you.

Great to hear that you still have the Cobra and will be out there with it again. Some great changes made for better track times no doubt.

I have changed direction slightly now with the GT40 and a few other cars. No Cobra now.

Bernie

Last edited by BMK; 04-28-2011 at 05:19 PM..
Old 04-28-2011, 07:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: contemporary 289 fia with 351 windsor
Not Ranked     
Default Bernie Revival in Evansville, in

I think we do need Bernie to come in, everyone bring their Cobras and meet somewhere where we can park them all together and gawk at them, lie about how crazy we are with them and eat sinfully good hot wings and drink cold beer. Ok Hooters it is. Now all we need is a date, commitments and Bernie to come in from one of his Chicago meetings. Bernie you're more than welcome to stay with me and Jackie anytime. Let's begin the madness! Scott Richey
Old 04-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

There are a few of us who make it over to the London Cobra Show every year. I would enjoy getting together with some other Indiana owners. Maybe we could meet in SHELBYville.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dirty Harry

Now you are tempting me - London Cobra Show..

Just love that event. The highlight was talking with the Police Sheriff there and watching him get excited over the ET's on the big lightboard at the end of the street.

Not to mention my sky high view from the Columbus Fire snorkel over the main street. I just loved the event.

Food highlight was breakfast at the Masonic Lodge where the guys (sorry Brothers) and their partners worked tirelessly to prepare the cheapest and the best breakfast I have ever had at an event.

Mmmm yes your tempting me.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

r scott richey

Great to hear that you are organising something there. Now why Hooters..

Aaah to check out the new/latest Heidt and Flaming River front ends of course.

I need to get my plans in place. We just opened a new restaurant in Portland, Victoria. It has been a difficult one to get up and running prior to Christmas, so Todd and I have been working hard at it.

Bernie
Old 04-28-2011, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hot cars and Hot wings

I just thought hot cars, hot girls, hot wings and cold beer. They just go together so naturally. Not to mention, we can sit on the porch and make sure no one opens their doors on our little beautieswhile we're consuming. By the way, that's one cool 40 in the garage and the stang's not to bad either. I built a man cave to put my play things in also. It's kind of garage and kind of a living room with the nice flat screen and stereo. The cobra loves it not to mention myself.Anyway, if it's possible please come and we'll have some fun. Scott
Old 04-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rowen Replicar 351C wish it ran :) Anxiously awaiting delivery of my Road Serpent :)
Not Ranked     

Nice looking GT & Mustang, Bernie. Can’t help but think that the GT would run a little smoother if it had rear tires and wheels. It would be great to have you back in So. In.

Thanks for taking up the cause, Scott. Getting together with the Cobras would be fun. Should we scrap the Out Back suggestion and move it to Hooters, or wait until Bernie has a chance to visit here too, or do both? Doing both, a get together soon at Hooters and then later when Bernie could visit sounds like a plan too. But anything will work as long as we take the opportunity to get together.

We went to the first London show. It was great. Lines and lines of Cobras and good folks.

RB
Old 04-29-2011, 06:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Rick, that sounds great. I'm in Aruba this week but I'll look into it in the next few weeks and see what we can do. Maybe reserve a place for the cars to park and sit outside on the porch. One of my best freinds daughters works there and I'll see what she can do. Thanks, Scott
Old 04-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sounds good. We'll table plans until you find your way back, Scott.

RB
Old 04-30-2011, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

r scott richey

Mmm nice of you to remember the old man.. Yes would love to catch up. I have S.E.M.A on my plan for later in the year. May see if I can stay over an extra week or so..

Old 06-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bernie, you are not forgotten here.

Gang, are we still interested in a get together? I have PMed Scott and Emailed Bob Wallker. It should not be difficult. All we need to do is agree on a place and time. The last one went well. Hopefully it will be a time when my poor little car is running.

Rick
Old 07-25-2011, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Ford 306 Carb
Not Ranked     
Default Happy to say its finished

I’ve been thinking about buying a Cobra or a replica since I drove an original Cobra in 1967.
I was lucky enough to find a friend, Jeff, in Indiana that is willing to build my Factory Five Roadster.
The Factory Five #7276 is a Mk4 complete kit. A couple of addition are power brakes and steering (hence the Fox pedal box rather than Wilwood). Engine is a carbed M6007-X302 from Ford Racing at about 340HP. It features forged pistons & rods, aluminum GT40X heads, roller rockers and an E cam. Topping it off is an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake with a 570 Holley Street Avenger Carb. It also got an E-Curve MSD 8503 distributor and Holley mechanical fuel pump. All this coupled to a new T5-Z. The rear end is a 3-Link Traction lock rear end swapped to a 3.55 gear. We wanted a traditional look with classic roadster seats with dual bars. It’s riding on Halibrand wheels with Cooper Cobra Radial GT 235/60R/15 in the front and Rear-Cooper Cobra Radial GT 295/50R/15 in the back.

Ordered: May 26, 2010.
Delivered: June 28, 2010.
Build Started: July 3, 2010.
Roller: November 30,2010
First Start: December 11, 2010.
First Go-Kart: January 2, 2011.
Started Body Prep: January 29, 2011
Its licensed and on the road: June 19, 2011

Special thanks go to my wife Bev. She is kinda into these cars, may drive it a few times. But, she understands that having a Cobra was something I have wanted for a very long time. She never gave me a hard time about the time or money spent completing the build. Thanks honey!

Thanks also go to my new friend, Jeff Kleiner. Jeff, the ride you gave me in your car and your meticulous organization was the final motivation I needed to buy the kit and have you build it. It’s difficult to put into words how I appreciate you building my car, but if it hadn’t been for you I would not have realized my dream car. Also a very special thanks to Jeff for doing an outstanding meticulous job of assembling and painting the car.

Attached Images

Old 07-25-2011, 09:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LoneStar 427 SC, "Red Venom", 351W B/S 400 HP, TKO 600 .64 OD
Not Ranked     

Good job and congratulations. hopefully we can get together in the near future and get some real "Cobra Club" activities going in central Indiana. My car is in the paint shop right now but I look forward to final assembly very soon.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:14 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's a beautiful car. Congratulations. You're wife should enjoy it too. They are fun little machines.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hello all, new cobra owner here. Well sorta new, I started my build around this time last year. Still not done yet but was hoping to have it streetable sometime this fall. I will be looking to join in on some get togethers.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Ford 306 Carb
Not Ranked     

Keep us posted.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi to all ICE hope all is good there.

I have a Kirkham brushed aluminum car squeezed into my garage now. Not to mention a Shelby aluminum 468 under the bonnet - sorry hood.

Cheers

Bernie
Old 07-30-2013, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk-IV
Not Ranked     

Indy 14, I too live in Martinsville, IN. We have gone to the London Cobra show the last four years. We are building a FFR Mk IV with an aluminum 427s.o. TKO-600 non donor. We started the build in January when I retired. Have had the car running and broken in. We are in the process of completing the sheetmetal footboxes and the wiring. the dash is complete except for the heater and fresh air vents. PM me if you want to meet and talk cobras!
Focus-SVT