Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Indiana Cobra Enthusiasts (ICE)

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2004, 04:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427SC Unique
Not Ranked     

Rick,
I think a nice Cobra would have stolen the show. Too many late model "neon mobiles" for me. Next year maybe. We will have to get together sometime. I moved to Newburgh from Boonville about 5 years ago. I lived off of Yankeetown Hwy near Bethany Church Rd.

Ready for warm weather

Brent
Old 01-11-2004, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33868 Sold. Just "playin' the boards now."
Not Ranked     

Hey Brent, did you have your Unique when I lived in Boonville (98 to early 99)? I don't remember seeing one arond town.

Also, does the Ford dealer in Henderson still have the All Ford Show? I was lucky when I went in 98. Dennis Gage was the MC and darned if I didn't get a trophy! Guess it helps to be the only Cobra there!

I met a lot of great people while I was there in Indiana. Also saw things on the street that made my eyes pop! Some daring soul was driving a sprint car on the street...wing and all! No telling what one might see on Greenriver Road!

Al
Old 01-12-2004, 04:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Al,
I am just now putting the final touches on my Unique. I picked the car up in Aug. of 2002 and assembled it in raw form to make sure I liked the set up. I drove it about 500 miles and then took it apart for paint,chrome, etc.
I do not know about many of the shows as this is new to me. I have drag raced for 15 years and this whole show thing is new to me. You can see the car I sold to build my Cobra in my gallery

Brent
Old 01-12-2004, 05:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hi all,

Good to see you have made contact with a few old and new friends BB427.

Took a look at your photos.

The car looks good. I will use the photo of the heat shield for placing the same on my firewall and transmission tunnel.

How did you attach the heat shield.

Don't think 'wtcobra' will mind me telling you that you can find his details on the 'Run N Gun' Thread.

I will keep an eye on this Thread.

No problem there with hijacking the Thread it was my jumping on the I.C.E site to say hello from Australia to the Evansville trio (foursome).

Again have a great year.

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia - see our city

www.mountgambier.gov.org

Home of "Weekend at Bernie's #2" March 13th/14th
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 01-12-2004, 05:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Brent,

Missed your last Post as I was typing the previous Post.

I have finished my car and done about 2500 miles and booked into the paint shop for late March. I have found leaving the car in Gel coat a real bonus as I have changed a few things and I don't mind working on the car, leaving tools on it etc.

Its still in white Gel coat and I sprayed two flat black KH stripes on it whilst having a few beers with friends and my son. Have put the static cling decals/stickers on it also.

I have completed the engine bay, trunk and interior in aluminium.

In the next week or so I will place additional photos on this site in my camera.

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia.

City site www.mountgambier.gov.org

PS

Painting it Guardsman Blue with real white stripes and gumballs on the bonnet and trunk. Considering a lemon yellow across the passengers side guard (drivers there)

Cheers all
Old 01-12-2004, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bernie,

The heat shields are backed with Thermo tec insulation and fastened to the firewall and footboxes with #8 SS hex head machine screws and nylock nuts. the heat shield under the master sylinders has a 90 degree bend and screws underneath. I trimmed the edges so the flange can not be seen.

Brent
Old 01-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rowen Replicar 351C wish it ran :) Anxiously awaiting delivery of my Road Serpent :)
Not Ranked     

Brent,

Sorry I have not answered sooner. Yes, a good Cobra would have stolen the show. There were several nice cars there. The old racer next to the Pantera was unique.

We live on Old Owensboro Rd which is about 4 miles north of where you lived. Please let me know if there would be a good time to meet. This week I am working a lot of hours and have a couple of meetings. Next week will be less busy or let me know whenever it would work well for you. The pictures of your Unique are impressive. Home phone is 897 0548.

Al, if you are still out there, I have not forgotten and will Email you my on going Cobra saga--you may have wished I had forgotten.

Bernie, a fellow named Stew Flanner (I think that is his last name) is from north eastern Australia. He and Brent Alexander, who lives here in Boonville, import and sell Ford parts like the 2v Australian Cleveland heads. He does a lot of Ford drag racing and is an gifted mechanic. He has visited our home several times. I always look forward to his visits to the states. The Australian folks have turned out to be very special people.

It seems odd that I should hear from Al who used to live just 1 1/2 miles north west and Brent who lived four miles south from a post by Bernie from Southern Australia.

What a small world.

Rick
Old 01-13-2004, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: contemporary 289 FIA, 351 fi windsor
Not Ranked     
Default hey bernie from scott richey

i was just surfing on club cobra the first time in months and just saw your post. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to run and gun. Can you believe we didnt get a trophy for leading the dually truck race from start to finish? It has been very cold here for the last month and havent had much of a chance to drive the cobra much. I'm going to try to do Road America and either gingerman park in michigan or mid ohio raceway this coming summer.Of course I always try to do the run and gun.I hope you can come over again in the next couple of years and bring your son too. I'm working alot during the winter so I can play hard when the warm weather comes back.Keep in touch and let me know how that cobras coming.Also, how's the prospective gt 40 thing going? Are we past the talk and doing the planning yet? Take care.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary-Aluminum 484 FE
Not Ranked     

Hello to everyone. Rick it is a small world, as I think Brent played football for me as a youngster. Did you ever get your car finished?There must be 15 to 20 Cobras in E-ville now. We need to get everyone together this summer, maybe meet in the old Super K-Mart lot off of the Lloyd on the East Side. Scott, you can be in charge of the liquid refreshments.

Bernie-I hope you are enjoying your summer and your car. I think I speak for all of us when I say we enjoyed your visit this fall and hope you can make it again. Say hello to your family.

I hope everyone has a great New Year.

Wayne Turpin
Old 01-14-2004, 10:48 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rowen Replicar 351C wish it ran :) Anxiously awaiting delivery of my Road Serpent :)
Not Ranked     

Wayne,

I am getting closer

Rick
Old 01-14-2004, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi all,

Scott great to see you have come onto the Clubcobra.

When I decided to Post the Thread '..Evansville Trio.." I hoped you would get on here. I remember speaking with Wayne's son Mark there and he telling me his Dad was probaly the only one that he could remember who was on Clubcobra.

We only need Rob on now!!. Perhaps Mark can organise photos to go on the little camera there. Damn I need help to do that. I'm pretty good a making burgers but not that hot when it comes to this computer

If you check my camera photos you can see where the Cobra is at today. It goes into the paint shop as I mentioned above. Currently sorting out suspension, shockers, springs for handling. My friend Aussie Mike places the photos on after I email them to him. He is good at shrinking the file size down etc.

I am looking at the many options of spring combinations and shocker adjustment for the Cobra at the moment as it has a floating effect at high speed. At 180 - 195 (120 - 130Mph) it starts to step each way. I am currently tightening up the shockers to stop the weight transfer.

I sure enjoyed the Run N Gun but cannot make it this year as the event clashes with our National and there are "Oil wells" at stake here - you bet.

I have "Justbetter" - Garrett on this forum, breathing down my neck and telling me lets sort it out on the track.

Luckily we are mates.

Keep busy Scott. Hope it warms up soon so that you can get out.

Wayne,

All the crew are really doing well. Thanks. Hope all is going ok there. Don't going working to hard now. Hows the extension going?

Is there a chance that you may place a road motor in the car?

Good to see that we have picked up the Post from BB427 and Rick there.

Let me know how you go with getting together. Perhaps Mark can Post some photos here if you get together with BB427 etc. for a day out. Scott is pretty good at organising the refreshments, he looked after Rob and I at the Run N Gun. Then again we did keep him on the track!!

I will keep jumping on here and checking ever now and then Wayne.

Thinking of all you guys and the great time you showed me in the States.

Talk soon.

Cheers

Bernie Knight

Mt. Gambier South Australia

Old 01-14-2004, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

SECOND POST

Hi all, I ran a second Post as I just went back Brent and realised that you had contacted me regarding the heat shield.

I have used a fibro sheet about 4mm ( 3/16th) and attached this to the inner footwells. Then the whole footwell/box and the inner guards are covered with aluminium.

I will put some of the heat shield down lower on the footwell/boxes as I find they get a little warm after prolonged running.

Thanks for the tip there. I will certainly try attaching it this way.

Hi Rick,

I asked Wayne one day when we were cruising around Evansville, how many Cobras are in town there and he was able to name a few. So its good to see that you guys all live reasonably close and may catch up and add to the number in town.

It sure is a small world.

I am old enough to have written letters. So I would sit down as a younger guy and write to my friend in England and wait his reply. Boy its different now. I can have a full discussion in a matter of minutes and ask questions, research all sorts of things here.

Rick the name Steve Flanner is not familiar, but I do know there are a few people exporting some of those hard to get parts out of Australia.

About an hour from my home in Mt. Gambier, South Australia, I have a friend who exports Ford Mainline utes into America and parts for the Ford Victoria. He brings Mustangs back in. Will ask if he knows the name.

My memory of Owensboro is driving around looking for the highway to 66.

I drove around three times and kept going under the bridge. Moved one street south and finally got on and over the bridge. I enjoyed the drive north then to 66 and into Newburg.

I think I mentioned, I spent about an hour touring/driving around two housing estates just out of Newburgh. I then had a meeting at the McDonald's store, I mentioned this to BB427 in the previous Post.

Again, how small the world is I was only 1/2 a mile from his home. Well next time. Will drop in a say "Hi mate".

Stay safe, I out and off with the Cobra in the sun

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight

Home of "Weekend at Bernie's #2" - March 13th/14th
Old 01-14-2004, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi all,

Scott great to see you have come onto the Clubcobra.

When I decided to Post the Thread '..Evansville Trio.." I hoped you would get on here. I remember speaking with Wayne's son Mark there and he telling me his Dad was probaly the only one that he could remember who was on Clubcobra.

We only need Rob on now!!. Perhaps Mark can organise photos to go on the little camera there. Damn I need help to do that. I'm pretty good a making burgers but not that hot when it comes to this computer

If you check my camera photos you can see where the Cobra is at today. It goes into the paint shop as I mentioned above. Currently sorting out suspension, shockers, springs for handling. My friend Aussie Mike places the photos on after I email them to him. He is good at shrinking the file size down etc.

I am looking at the many options of spring combinations and shocker adjustment for the Cobra at the moment as it has a floating effect at high speed. At 180 - 195 (120 - 130Mph) it starts to step each way. I am currently tightening up the shockers to stop the weight transfer.

I sure enjoyed the Run N Gun but cannot make it this year as the event clashes with our National and there are "Oil wells" at stake here - you bet.

I have "Justbetter" - Garrett on this forum, breathing down my neck and telling me lets sort it out on the track.

Luckily we are mates.

Keep busy Scott. Hope it warms up soon so that you can get out.

Wayne,

All the crew are really doing well. Thanks. Hope all is going ok there. Don't going working to hard now. Hows the extension going?

Is there a chance that you may place a road motor in the car?

Good to see that we have picked up the Post from BB427 and Rick there.

Let me know how you go with getting together. Perhaps Mark can Post some photos here if you get together with BB427 etc. for a day out. Scott is pretty good at organising the refreshments, he looked after Rob and I at the Run N Gun. Then again we did keep him on the track!!

I will keep jumping on here and checking ever now and then Wayne.

Thinking of all you guys and the great time you showed me in the States.

Talk soon.

Cheers

Bernie Knight

Old 01-15-2004, 06:29 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bernie,

I called Brent Alexander. Stewart's last name is Fenner not Flanner. He imported a UTE too I think that he may have sold it at the Frog Follies. I am not sure. Sorry about the error.

Rick
Old 01-18-2004, 04:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi there Rick,

I will ask around at the All Ford Day over in Geelong in February.

I often catch up with various friends from Street Rod days and associated clubs. They may know of him.

I can recal a utility being sent from Castlemaine in Victoria to someone in northern Cal. Do not know any other details. As you can imagine there are a lot of people doing this for both business and a hobby/interest.

Have written the name down and will ask around for interest.

Hope you can all get together over there soon.

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight

Home of "Weekend at Bernie's #2" March 13th/14th.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:28 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bernie,

I hope you have the opportunity to meet Stew. He is a good man. I guess I ought to warn you though, he may be a little hard to understand some times. He speaks with an Australian accent.

Ricky
Old 01-19-2004, 04:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rick

What accent - do we have an accent.

I was just looking at the map here. Is Boonville west of Evansville? I travelled out as far as the university one day and nearly ended up lost. I think I also headed out Boonville Highway to Lyles trailers.

I can remember passing a shed that had a number of very big race boats out the front. How far out of Evansville are you.

If I said the Drury Motel and Shell Service Station corner in Evansville are you far from here. Wayne is close by here about 1 mile south

I think our City website is up at the moment so try

www.mountgambier.gov.org

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight

Home of "Weekend at Bernie's #2"` - March 13th/14th
Old 01-19-2004, 05:14 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bernie,

G' Day, Mate, No, what ever could have possesd me to say that? Of course you do not have an accent.

You are headed the wrong way. I think the Booville highway you were on doesn't take you to Boonville any more. Boonville is a small town about 15 miles east of Evansville and about 10 miles north and just a little east of Newburg. If you have a map, we live on Owensboro Rd. which is south of the eastern side of Boonville. We are almost in the geographic center of Warrick county.

Ricky
Old 01-19-2004, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wayne,
Football??? Wow, that had to be 30 years ago. Your memory is impressive.

We do need to meet this summer as a group. I was not aware there were so many Cobras in the area.

Just say when

Brent
Old 01-21-2004, 02:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi all,

I was surprised when I first checked this I.C.E site that there were so few Posts/Threads. The Thread "Hi to the Evansville Trio" has sure brought some enthusiasts out.

Brent you may have to nominate a date and location. Great to see such interest there.

Scott is in Newburgh also so he can get Wayne and Waynes brother Rob involved - perhaps.

Again, good to see what's happening.

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight