Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Indiana Cobra Enthusiasts (ICE)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 01-07-2004, 12:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classic
Not Ranked     
Default Ivy Tech State College Build School

Ivy Tech State College - Indianapolis has added a new course to it Motorsports Division, Kit Car Build School. Our first class is this weekend, January 9-11 at the Ivy Tech Automotive Technology Center while future classes are scheduled March 19-21 and May 14-16.

The Kit Car Build School is designed to illustrate the process of building a kit car while providing hands-on instruction. Students will actually get to build the car. We will also outline common errors and/or problems, source the industry and provide materials needed to recreate this process at a later time. The three-day class runs 8-5 each day and is intensive.

We will be building a Lone Star Classic Cobra and Lone Star will provide a $2500 coupon towards the purchase of a kit following completion of the class. This is a great offer for the student.

If you would like more information on the class or would like to offer any suggestions, email Scott Horvath at shorvath@ivytech.edu
One West 26th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46206
317-921-4487 Office
317-921-4348 Fax
Old 01-09-2004, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Scott

What a great way to get your car built. I'll get the kit paiod for and dropped in. Can I pick the drive train and colour??

Recently in South Australia one of the Kit Car builders ran a programme through a T.A.F.E College here where you could purchase a kit and build it at the college under the manufacturers guidance.

I think it was W.E cars. I don't know if the program is still going. If you search under T.A.F.E in Adelaide South Australia you may find a college and an email to them will get you started if interested.

T.A.F.E is Technical and Further Education.

Now, just down from the Indy. Brickyard Motel there is a red brick baseball stadium on the right and I saw a number of car club people there one morning setting up for a motorkhana on the north side bitumen..

So there's your test track ready for you and the students. Damn you could always just drop into the track next to the Brickyard Motel.

Cheers and good luck with the program. Will keep an eye on this Thread to see progress.

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia - visit our City - www.mt.gambier.gov.org

Home of "Weekend at Bernie's #2' - March 13th/14th
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 01-21-2004, 08:27 AM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

Bernie,
The red brick baseball stadium just down from the Brickyard is known as 16th Street Speedway. Where the ball field used to be is now an oval, (almost circular) dirt track. It has not been used regularly recently. I'm not certain of its future.

The build school at IVY TECH will have students building a Lonestar kit (Cobra replica) under instructor guidance. This will, hopefully, give more people the confidence and/or experience to undertake a kit build of their own.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi All

The few days I was over there - in October - were spent touring the museum and then I just travelled around and found the local car club setting up on the field next to the stadium.

I also found a great shop just north of the brickyard, from memory the towers along the road start just outside this shop. They sold me some great Nascar and race memorabilia.

Hows the school going?. I see you have had the first class there. Perhaps you could Post some pictures of progress.

My car goes into the paint shop in late March, so I am making the most of driving it around both South Australia and Victoria.

Its a bit rough now - although it looks better in the pictures.

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia.

Cruising in the sun
Old 02-06-2004, 06:38 PM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

If you are in the area of Indy again, contact me. I live about an hour from Indy and about 2.5 hours from the site of DVSF4. If touring in the area, I might be able to direct you to some sights you might want to see.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dirty Harry

I am considering coming over to DVSF this year but must first see if my Manager can cover for me.

Thanks for the offer. If I come over I will fly into Chicago and drive down through Indy and possibly onto Evansville Indiana to catch up with some good friends there that I met at Run N Gun and before.

Just looking at US maps now to see the possibilities. Directions etc.

Will keep Posting here to let you know progress. I put a Thgread on here (I.C.E) asking if anyone from Indiana was going to DVSF and have had a few responses which is good.

Cheers

Bernie