Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Indiana Cobra Enthusiasts (ICE)

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 06-15-2006, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     
Default Quickest Route Through Indianapolis

Hi everyone,

Several members of the Windy City Cobra Club and I were discussing the quickest route through Indianapolis to attend next week’s London Cobra Show. Our two choices are: route 65, through Indianapolis, to Route 70, or route 65 to route 465, bypassing Indianapolis, then to route 70. Depending on the time of day and traffic conditions, both routes have their unique plusses and minuses. Since we’ve have multiple groups attending the LCS and leaving Chicago at different times, various groups will be arriving in Indianapolis between 7:00 to 10:00AM. Could someone please inform us what is the best route during the 7:00 until 10:00AM time frame? Could someone also inform us of any major route 65 and 70 road construction? Thanks!!

If any ICE members are attending the LCS, stop on by the Hampton Inn to say hello and for a ice cold Heineken.

Thanks again,

Badman

If you can't drink it, eat it, "kiss" it, spend it, or drive it fast...get rid of it!!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B,
Not Ranked     

I think you all will find that if you stay on 65 through Indianapolis then take 70 east to be the best route. After 8:30 am traffic will become much less active. This route is also a little smoother and easier on low clearance cobras.
Good luck and have fun at the show.

Mike
Old 06-16-2006, 06:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2387, 427 W, Webers
Not Ranked     

Ditto the 65 to 70 is the quickest way thru INDY. I don't know about smoother? There are alot of dips and wheel grooves on 70 but no "Chop" or big expansion joints and pot holes, I wouldn't try to avoid 70 for pavement issues. 465 is just a bad traffic jam no matter what time you are going through. Have a great time sounds like good weather for this weekend!!!
Old 06-17-2006, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your quick response to my "quickest route through Indianapolis question". We’re planning our LCS route and will include your recommendation.

Thanks again,

Badman

If you can't drink it, eat it, "kiss" it, spend it, or drive it fast...get rid of it!!!!