Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > JBL-- JBL Larry G.

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     
Default JBL Registry - Let's do it.

Well, if the Butler folks can start one, no reason why we can't. I only know of a few:

(2) Are owned by Vector1
David ? in Tyler, TX has one or I think he still has it
John Marsey has one
I have one - of the touring chassis model
Chris Nolan has one
John ? has one recently repainted at Larry Gs shop
Andy Dunn's is in Europe somewhere far as I know

That makes 8 that I know of. I was thinking there were 25-30 of them around.

Those who now own, or have owned (and if you know the current owner that would be nice), please let me know the approximate date of mfg. and I will assign a number to it as way to keep track of them, like a CSX or CCX number. Send me via PM the following info (or as much as you care to, participation is not mandatory :-)

Name (or name of last owner you are aware of)
City
Date of mfg or approximate
Type: Competition or Touring
Color
Engine type- i.e. SBF type and size, Mod motor, FE etc.
Email address (I will update and send out the list to those who contribute)
Old 05-04-2010, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

good idea john.

the man behind the curtain could probably help you on this one. is this going to be an open book? i figure they made the parts in batches of 10, i've seen two versions of the comp model then there is a possible nother 10 of the touring cars, somewhere in there i would guess to be the minimum.

i've talked to the guy who has the original shop car, believe he is in eastern u.s. somewhere, and i think he mentioned an unfinished one in iowa, but this has been a while.

the stalker v6 people have their own private yahoo website for discussion with picture gallery and other areas for part lists and what not. only owners are able to access the site. don't know if it is desireable but thought i would throw that out, seems the bunch are pretty discreet.

there is going to be a very select few people who are going to be able to enjoy the engineering expertise of richard hudgins and the exactness of cnc machined parts coupled with top quality materials...........

see i've already started, these cars are collectors items.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

Well I guess most JBL owners are either seldom on here, or are a skittish bunch. Very few takers yet on the exclusive registry idea.

Note that having your JBL registered will increase its value much more than the email it takes to get it listed, gauranteed.

If business does not pick up soon, I'm afraid the optional response will have to be made mandatory
Old 05-05-2010, 11:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

too bad jbl didn't put a chassis number on each one, how you going to number them, first come first served, sequentially? jbl###? national jbl meet at the tulsa shelby fest?
Old 05-06-2010, 12:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Unless I have a somewhat complete list, which is doubtful, no chance to number sequentially. It would be the preferred way I think. Otherwise I will use some number based on month and year,
Old 05-06-2010, 01:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdean View Post
Unless I have a somewhat complete list, which is doubtful, no chance to number sequentially. It would be the preferred way I think. Otherwise I will use some number based on month and year,
something a person could use for a number on the car?
Old 05-15-2010, 07:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi, you could number them according to the bill of sell date from jbl...IE 03112005
march 11,2005....just a thought.
I would like to buy a JBL. Anyone feel free to comment on there products?
Old 08-22-2010, 08:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink Club JBL

Hi gang, you can add another "JBL owner" to your list - make that owner in progress. Researched them all and just about went with a ERA FIA. Even got good input from the local ERA crew (SF Bay Area). All of them happy with their ERA's, 1st rate replica no doubt about it. But if it's cutting edge technology you want, then JBL stands alone with no peers. I have my order placed with JBL Motorsports and Larry has exhibited the patience of Job as I change my mind on some of the user options. I'm getting there, the final package is starting to take shape. I'm doing a JBL Competion Roadster as a stage II+ project. The delivery is slated for late December (earliest) but I'm not in any rush. (If you're reading Larry, you take your sweet time - but keep an eye out for tornados lol) By the way, my CA vanity plates are due in any day now, wanted to reserve 1 before someone else stole it - "JBL HEAT", nothing more needs to be said! One last note, I will never refer to this project as "building a Cobra replica" or "building a Cobra kit-car" no! no! no! While others on this site may do so, perfectly understandable, for me it's "building a JBL", which just happens to borrow from the late 60's Cobra body style

catch ya all on the flipside
Machiavelli
Old 08-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Machiavelli thanks for the update and congratulations on your choice of "replicas".
Please send pics as progress is made. What engine did you decide on?
Old 08-22-2010, 12:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sure wish one of you cats would spring for a Coupe, I got the molds sittin' here collecting dust.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks, I do intend to post pics and progress made. No replica photos though, just the build phases of one JBL Competition Roadster As for the motor, a 351W, but still debating Fe vs. Al block. Al is a big cost upper, but a big weight savings there too, next full moon I'll throw the bones and see how they land.

- Machiavelli
Old 08-22-2010, 04:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bruce View Post
Sure wish one of you cats would spring for a Coupe, I got the molds sittin' here collecting dust.
these the molds for goins or your own?
Old 08-22-2010, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

my recommendation would be a production 351w block stroked to whatever you prefer with 9-1 comp ahead of a lightweight flywheel/clutch driving a heavy duty aftermarket t5 with a 3.55 or 3.73 rear gear....except for drag racing i'll almost guarantee you can stay ahead of anything.

only problem with driving my jbl is the speed limit around here is too low, 80-90 is just startin' to walk! today went to a ball game and a silver 911 pulled up along side of me and we were both doing 80, made my skin crawl. but he took off and i didn't want to chase, those bad spots in the pavement are little forgiving the wide tires. you get er set up right and you'll enjoy it for sure. driving it is like nothing i've ever experienced and takes getting used to--think right go right, think left go left, very little movement of the wheel at speed.

welcome.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Goins mold of course, the body is longer and wider than your typical "spec" Cobra mold lol.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yep, I'm looking at some of those engine options, 4.00 x 4.00 cube (402 CID) is in the mix. Thinking TKO 500/600 on the tranny depending on the rearend I go with. Out here in CA we have some mighty smooth pavement, want my overdrive right for those extended highway trips. I'll be able to lock it in when I know my motor and power, it will be either a 3.55 or 3.73.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I built the Coupe molds over 5 years ago, Larry has the first coupe body out of those molds, I still own the coupe- design and the molds.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bruce View Post
I built the Coupe molds over 5 years ago, Larry has the first coupe body out of those molds, I still own the coupe- design and the molds.

coupe is what i wanted originally. have any pics?
Old 08-23-2010, 04:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...68/ppuser/9746
Old 08-23-2010, 04:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

needed: 1 guinea pig.

doesn't quite have the jbl body, more like an original coupe. tires and everything fit underneath it?

i'll take 1 "mr. bruce race coupe" special.

Last edited by vector1; 08-23-2010 at 04:29 AM..
Old 08-23-2010, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

yep, fits rite on a JBl frame, both cars are built on a JBL frame. when you want to get serious there's always this - http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...51/ppuser/9746