Keith Craft Inc.- We service what we sell!!! Check out our Cobra engines!!! We build high performance racing engines and components for the fast pace strip racing industry as well as daily drivers who want to be FIRST!!!

FE Forums sponsored by Keith Craft Inc.

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Keith Craft Racing

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2004, 11:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     
Default Baldwin 496CI FE, 738HP and 670ftlbs/torque

Just finished another really nice Shelby block 496FE for James Baldwin. 4.310 bore with a 4.250 stroke billet crank, JE 11 to 1 pistons, Comp Cams mild solid roller, Keith Craft Racing CNC Edelbrock heads with Edelbrock Victor intake and DaVinci 950HP. Engine had a strong power band with max torque at 4800 to 5000 and max HP at 6700 to 6900 RPM's and still made 715 at 7200rpm's.
I believe James will be installing this in one of his new Shelby Cobra cars he is building. Should be a really nice peice when he is through with the attention to detail that he always has in his cars.
We have gone through our first 10 Shelby blocks and ordered 10 more blocks about a month ago and Chris tells me he hopes to start getting those to me about 3 weeks. So if you need one of these blocks or a real nice FE built just let us know. Thanks Keith Craft
Old 01-22-2004, 08:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

Hi Keith,

What is your point in telling us about every engine you complete? At first it was interesting reading but by now it is boring.

I think I got the point that you can make more horsepower than anyone else (and still idle at 900 rpm) yet still come in at thousands of dollars less than anyone else.

Good job!

Just sick of hearing about it -

Pat

Maybe David Kee should post a message every time he finishes up one of his Toploaders?
Old 01-22-2004, 08:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

I think Keith is trying to be informative for everyone...He tells you what he put in the motor that is going in a cobra (this is a cobra club forum right) and this is the FE Forum so its what people talk about here. I don't think you could stand it if he posted information on every motor that comes out of that place.

Personally we like to see this stuff in the Texas group so Keith is more than welcome to post it over there when he builds a motor for one of our guys.

I hate to be kind of an ass but if you don't want to read it don't! Simple as that...some of us may like this information...we don't get it from others and a vendor that is willing to spend time online and personally with both potential and current customers should be applauded not told to shut up!

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 01-22-2004, 08:24 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Matt,
I was just fixing to say almost the same exact thing.

I really enjoy reading about the engines the Texas guys are getting.

If someone is writting things you don't like to read - DON'T READ IT.
Don't try to censor it.

Seriously, Happy Birthday Pat.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Matt-

Do you really enjoy reading the same thing over and over? There isn't a whole lot new that he does to each of the engine that are posted - look it up.

The only reason I read these posts from him is I keep expecting something different - then I realize it's the same old ad.

You're not being an ass. Not a big one, anyway.

Pat

Please don't tell him that a lot of Cobra guys also put 351's and 460's in their cars!
Old 01-22-2004, 08:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You Texas guys are just protecting your own....is Dave Shelton next?

Old 01-22-2004, 08:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Actually He does alot of the smaller engines (Don't tell anyone they are chevy's )

There is one going in Keith Williams SPF Coupe right now and thats a 351 stroker....Gary Sharpata's 351 stroked to 427 was posted a couple of months ago.

I guess I just see so many vendors that don't take the time to work with people nowdays...we already lost ERA which is close to my heart and I don't want to run others off.

Matt
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 01-22-2004, 08:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Is it really Pats Birthday? Happy Birthday Pat!!!

Matt
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 01-22-2004, 08:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Matt - but it isn't my birthday....I'll keep the wishes for when it is though.

I don't think we ran ERA off, did we? I think it was just a matter of them being so backlogged and Bob having to spend so much time here answering questions that something had to give.

I hope so, anyway.

Pat
Old 01-22-2004, 08:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, Ford 428 SCJ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by PatBuckley

Hi Keith,

What is your point in telling us about every engine you complete? At first it was interesting reading but by now it is boring.

I think I got the point that you can make more horsepower than anyone else (and still idle at 900 rpm) yet still come in at thousands of dollars less than anyone else.

Good job!

Just sick of hearing about it -

Pat

Maybe David Kee should post a message every time he finishes up one of his Toploaders?
Damn if that wasn't rude and uncalled for.

Sorry Keith. Please keep us up to date on engine builds.

Thanks man.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Pat, While i'm sure you are fine person and a cobraphile, I would encourage you NOT to legislate contents of posts. If you don't like what your reading,then don't read it. We are providing an absolutly incredible product and we like to let everyne know the possibilities out there. FE parts, clyinder head machines and other product availability has come to the forefront for all of us and Keith is one of the leaders in his field. Keep up the good work Keith, I'm proud to be associated with him. If you knew him you would know that boastful he is not. he is a humble and qenerous person and a family man at that.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:00 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by PatBuckley

I don't think we ran ERA off, did we? I think it was just a matter of them being so backlogged and Bob having to spend so much time here answering questions that something had to give.

I hope so, anyway.

Pat
I don't think you could run off Bob Putnam from ERA if you wanted to! He is still around as stricklypersonal (something like that). My understanding is that they wanted him to concentrate on cars and have the questions run through there tech line. I just got an email from Bob yesterday.

Pat I thought perhaps it was your birthday. That is enough to make any one cranky

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 01-22-2004, 09:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Keith Craft Motor
Not Ranked     
Default I like it

Well I for one was very interested in what Mr. Baldwin was getting and what it produced. Maybe because I have a Craft motor in mine and it is the best thing since sliced bread, that I may be biased. Hey Keith is letting all of us know what the latest beast is. We will have the luck to see it up close and drool.

Here is a tip, if you see a post that has a header that you don't want to read, don't. This is not those Texas boys watching there own, just very happy customers enjoying the forum. All I can say is I hope that you find a post you like and when it is your birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

I for one cannot wait to see when the 800 hp motor is put in a cobra. For no other reason just to say it happened.

Have a great day, or not, the choice is yours!

Todd

Last edited by todd; 01-22-2004 at 05:23 PM..
Old 01-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     
Default Re: Baldwin 496CI FE, 738HP and 670ftlbs/torque

Quote:
Originally posted by Keithc8

We have gone through our first 10 Shelby blocks and ordered 10 more blocks about a month ago and Chris tells me he hopes to start getting those to me about 3 weeks.
So, based on what we learned at the Kirkham Summit about where historically the production quantities of these are annually, that is quite interesting. Hmmmm.

JBAIRD, I consider the humble engine builders the ones that do not post about every motor they build. People like George Anderson from Gessford and Bill Parham from Southern Automotive. Just more my style and interpretation of humble, I guess.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey "Traveller"-

I don't think it was rude at all. It was posted on an open forum as was my answer. Are you saying that he can post what he wants and I can't?

If so - you can stick it up your a**.

Pat

Old 01-22-2004, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, Ford 428 SCJ
Not Ranked     

Nope, I said no such thing. I said it was rude and uncalled for but did not challenge your right to post it.

So by all means, please continue "to" exercise your right to make a horses ass of yourself with my complements.

Last edited by Traveller; 01-22-2004 at 02:27 PM..
Old 01-22-2004, 09:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

"to"
Old 01-22-2004, 09:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Fellas, enough. Quit the bickering.

Keep future replies to this thread about Keith's engine or Jim's car.

Ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 01-22-2004, 09:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Can you guys tell us more about this engine dyno you use, and when an 800HP street FE will be available?
Old 01-22-2004, 09:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yeah, I would like to have an apples to apples to determine where my motor really sits.