14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 11:10 AM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     
Smile Intro myself

I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself to your club, and request info on becoming a member.
I would also like to know about your activities and events. I am currently a member of the Deep South Cobra Club and have been active in their track events until lately. I also have been a member of Club Cobra for the past seven years.
My wife Carol ("my chearleader") and myself presently share our time between Cashiers NC and Hypoluxo Fla. Due to some health issues, we are looking to purchase a home on Kentucky Lake just east of Murray KY, and regretably give up the idea of living in the mountains. Are there any members in that area, or where do you all get together?
We are still in the negotiating stage of the home purchase, but would like to know if anybody is out there in the area.

Thanks,
Terry Lee
Old 07-23-2009, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 402R, Kentucky Cobra Club
Not Ranked     

Terry,

Browse on over to

kentuckycobraclub.com

and you will see how to join and get info on events.

We have no dues but lots of activity.

Last week we were at the Keeneland Concours d'Elegance, this weekend we will be at the Somerset Power Tour and next weekend we will be at Bowling Green, Kentucky to visit the Corvette Museum and check out the area. We have members down your way.

The proud folks from the Windy City Cobra Club and the Alabama cobra folks will be joining us in Bowling Green.

Vince
Old 07-23-2009, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKIII, SPO2891, SPO1649
Not Ranked     
Default Welcome to the Bluegrass State

We look forward to meeting you folks and making you both members of our Great Club, (People that is.)

Here are some photos we shared during our last cruise at the Concours 'd Elegance in Lexington, KY.

Call either Vince or me and chat with us if you wish.

Juan Lopez-Bonilla

2432 Crittenden Drive, Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40217
http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com
juan@lbrdesign.com
502-558-2904
Old 07-24-2009, 02:21 PM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     
Smile Thanks

Thanks guys for the responce.
We are still trying to make the deal on the house - a few $$$ apart but hoping. We love the area, and the lake.
I will keep the info on file, and lets hope we will be able to join in on some of your fun.

TL

Last edited by terry lee; 07-24-2009 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Old 11-29-2009, 12:07 PM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile We got the house!

Vince and Juan,

Just an update to you and the rest of your members.

We reached a sales agreement back in the end of August. We were able to start moving in the end of October. I've spent more time driving between Fla., NC, Chicago, and Kentucky than I have at the new house. We had the movers take up a load of furniture and personal items, but there was still alot to be moved from the other places, so the enclosed car hauler has come in pretty handy. Still have several trips to bring up the Cobra and another car, but will do that in the spring.

Carol and I look forward to getting acquainted with you and your club.

Terry and Carol Lee
Old 11-29-2009, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 402R, Kentucky Cobra Club
Not Ranked     

Terry and Carol,

Welcome to some of the finest driving in the world. And I say that having lived in 40 States and eight countries. I lived 6 years in Germany and while I loved it, central Kentucky can hold its own quite well.

We are having a Snake and Eggs breakfast in Georgetown, Kentucky on 12 Dec. Sometime after the first of the year we will be having a kickoff meeting to present the 2010 events calendar to members for comment. If you are settled by then (no date yet determined), this would be a wonderful opportunity to get acquainted.

We want to put something together over near Paducah, Kentucky which has a very nice restored artists area and with the member center of gravity well east of there. Mostly Louisville and Lexington. Do swing by kentuckycobraclub.com when the opportunity presents itself. We recently returned from a small run in and around Highlands, NC which I suspect you are familiar with.

Welcome home. Yes, you will find yourself calling Kentucky home before you know it.

Vince
Old 11-29-2009, 03:12 PM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile Thanks

Vince,
Thanks for posting your kind words. Yes we already love KY, the area reminds Carol and me of our SE Wisconsin roots. We love all the people we have met so far, really nice and friendly.

Sat down and joined the club after making the last post. Only to find that "The Biggest Gashole - JAMO" is a member. Obviously, membership requirements aren't too strict if Both Jamo and myself can join; next thing "Flying Freddie" will join

We are in Fla. now for the Holidays and getting this place ready for the renters who will be coming mid January. So we probably won't be back in KY until after that. Would love to attend your planning meeting, but don't know about timing.

Paducah is about an hour North of our new home. THe smoker and grill are already there, so we are ready to greet guests (at least outside). We have a nice yard on the lake to just kick back, and a fairly large driveway to accomodate multiple Cobras if the club would like to plan a summer run to Kentucky Lake.

We look forward to meeting all.

And a special "THANKS" to Brent Mills and to Club Cobra for providing this website. Because of this, we already feel at home in our new location.

Terry and Carol Lee