Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
...and they could intelligently discuss the shortcomings of one car over the other.
The glass is always half-empty, huh Patrick? Try focusing on the positives when comparing this vs that and I think the world will appear a little sunnier.

Interesting thread. I think many were hoping for the easy answer/comparison. But it's obvious that it's not that black and white. The more personal touch on the Kirkham side seems to be (at least to me) more appealing during the build phase.

-Dean
Old 04-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarchetta View Post
The glass is always half-empty, huh Patrick? Try focusing on the positives when comparing this vs that and I think the world will appear a little sunnier.
You can only have a positive, if you have a corresponding negative. Otherwise, it's all just neutral. C'mon, it's not like I came out and said "Kirkham is better, unless you're shopping for a name."
Old 04-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
C'mon, it's not like I came out and said "Kirkham is better, unless you're shopping for a name."
But you just did so now we know. j/k
Old 04-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarchetta View Post
But you just did so now we know. j/k
Ahh Dean, you just got an "F" on your first critical reading exam. Note that I went out of my way not to say that Kirkham is better.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 498
Not Ranked     

You guys must all work for the government!!! Because you sure made the "answer" hard for the guy. Sort of sounds like Obama talking about health care.

"IT IS THE KIRKHAMS S______d!" That simple.

You can get exactly what you want from either company both good-You will pay a little less from Kirkham. The Alum. Shelby will have a Kirkham body. Shelby will have a CSX Number. The Kirkhams are in the regestry now as well and for $$$ Shelby will sign a cat turd. It is the kirkhams-the whole family.

Comming from a guy on his fifth Cobra. Good luck.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The Kirkhams are in the registry not to increase their value or make them anymore special than they are, it's not because by themselves they are "worthy" based on build qauilty or any other factor related to the K Brothers garage.

It is simply to avoid fraud in the future, to keep the Shelby line pure as the years go by. We have seen many examples of duplicate CSX cars, outright fraud and "air" cars. What better way to start a fake CSX than a Kirkham?

If being in the registry makes your heart go pitter patter, don't get a big head over it, it aint like that...
Old 04-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Here's another Shelby versus Kirkham thread for your review:

http://clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101290
Old 04-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

And another thread:

http://clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83430
Old 04-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And the mother of all Shelby threads: I'm Dying...and I want to drive my car...All Read Please I included it because the Kirkhams are referenced as well.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Man, I wish Evan were around...
Old 04-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA Chas View Post
Man, I wish Evan were around...
I think he got really mad about something a couple to three months ago, but I can't remember what it was. It was probably that stupid "mine's real and yours ain't" argument.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Ok, here it is.

If you don't own or build Kirkhams or CSXs...get off this thread right now without comment or you will enjoy a few days off.

As to the threads linked, I would like to think that Lloyds1 was well aware of them and was looking for something beyond registration issues in Switzerland or personal disputes between Evan and the rest of the world.

Red and Patrick...we're getting a bit tired of following you two around the site and monitoring your remarks. Stop now, and like I said elsewhere...avoid each other.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

...and in case Evan comes across this thread...stay off of it.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 02345, Roush/Yates 358 Sprint Cup motor
Not Ranked     

So here is a little more info on where I'm coming from. I have the SPF and I love it, that is why I want to upgrade to the aluminum KMP or CSX because I have decided that the cobra IS the car for me. I have been leaning toward the Kirkham because the price seems very reasonable for what you get, build quality, top shelf design and components, and it sounds like the Kirkhams are a great bunch of guys. BUT, then as I did more research on used cars that are currently available and I have discovered that slightly used aluminum CSX cars can be had for under $100k. So now the price factor seems to be less of a decision factor than i originally thought. That is why i decided to post this thread because if both cars can be bought for the same price used ($10k plus or minus) then for me it really comes down to what makes them different. I do plan on painting the car and also I would like the original suspension so that I have the option to run in historic races. I appreciate all of your feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Yes...which is why several of us have suggested that from the beginning, but include Vegas as well.

In fact, go to Vegas first...enjoy the nightlife after visiting the incubator, and then go to Provo to see them from overseas delivery to finishing touch...and sooth your leftover pounding head from the Vegas experience.

I also note that you're not exactly a newbie and you already own what appears to be a damn nice Cobra...so you might help folks here respond to you by sharing what you're looking for in terms of use, cost, etc. based on your experiences so far. Note also that you have more arruminum (if metal is going to be it) options at Kirkhams...289 Street, FIAs and whatever else you might conjur up. You want to spend a million? They can do that too.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Yes...which is why several of us have suggested that from the beginning, but include Vegas as well.

In fact, go to Vegas first...enjoy the nightlife after visiting the incubator, and then go to Provo to see them from overseas delivery to finishing touch...and sooth your leftover pounding head from the Vegas experience.

I also note that you're not exactly a newbie and you already own what appears to be a damn nice Cobra...so you might help folks here respond to you by sharing what you're looking for in terms of use, cost, etc. based on your experiences so far. Note also that you have more arruminum (if metal is going to be it) options at Kirkhams...289 Street, FIAs and whatever else you might conjur up. You want to spend a million? They can do that too.
Old post, but that is what I did exactly, I was in Vegas and went to Shelby, did the tour and talked to a few people, then the next day drove to Provo and went to the Kirkham open house in February and did the Kirkham experience. I left Provo THOUSANDS of dollars short, lol, The fresh air of Provo did the brain good...
Old 07-23-2013, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP532, KC427FE, TWM
Not Ranked     

As a Kirkham owner, and friend, my advice is to buy the Kirkham.

Hands down you will NEVER get the attention and quality of experience from anyone else. (Helps to live in Utah also.) Besides being close to the Kirkhams we have to stunning mountain drives!

www.KobraBytes.com
Old 07-24-2013, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP
Not Ranked     

Years ago when I was faced with the same decision, I turned to Mike McCluskey for advice. He recommended buying a Kirkham. That pretty much sealed the decision.

I'm no expert.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris-kincaid View Post
That's not true. Shelby bought the body/chassis with all the closeout panels and footboxes. The rest is installed at the Shelby shops. I was there when Shelby first started buying from Kirkham
Kris knows what he's talking about. He built my CSX in Vegas and is a wealth of knowledge on the inner-workings between these two companies.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew Ledyard View Post
Years ago when I was faced with the same decision, I turned to Mike McCluskey for advice. He recommended buying a Kirkham. That pretty much sealed the decision.
So I wonder how much of that is based on technicals vs. the personal issues between McCluskey and Shelby?
Old 07-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
So I wonder how much of that is based on technicals vs. the personal issues between McCluskey and Shelby?
Uhhh, you think there might have been some hard feelings from that little "let's get together and find some old Cobras" thing? Yeah, it's always hard to put together a business plan, the success of which hinges on it never being found out....