Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 09:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 FIA, 363 Stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Ironman Kirkham possibly for sale

Hello All! Due to some recent events, including 3 herniated discs in my lower back, i'm considering offering the Ironman Kirkham for sale.
Details
All new Kirkham Billet suspension and rear end
-Smith's gauges
-Shelby 427FE block assemlbed with 527Fe Stroker kit, edelbrock heads ported by Keith Craft, roller rockers, edelbrock performer rpm 4 barrel intake, etc and so on
-Tremec TKO600 Transmission

The car still needs final assembly.

I have around 85,000 invested thus far, but i will need to check my reciepts. The car needs a few things such as the slave kit for clutch, tko driveshaft, shifter, foot box vent kit, headers, and sidepipes. Other than that, I think it's all here and you should have everything you need to finish the car.
Basically, its a roller and you will need to install the engine and trans and hook up the final wiring, fuel lines, etc.

Send a PM if interested

I also have a brand new 20 foot V-nose trailer that i could include in the deal. It was a 5,000 trailer.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

WHAAAAAAT?!!

We have so much time invested in seeing this through!
Well, good luck. Hopefully the new owner will continue to post.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
WHAAAAAAT?!!

We have so much time invested in seeing this through!
Well, good luck. Hopefully the new owner will continue to post.
I feel the same way. I was inches away from posting something in response to the OP that only a true a$$hole would post and, frankly, it offended even me. So I didn't.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I highly doubt anybody will be interested, so dont worry too much
Im just having trouble getting the items i need to finish the car and my back has been really screwed up lately. It's just a thought i was having today while in a bit of discomfort and being extremely frustrated with yet another parts order that was incorrect. I love the car and i want to see it through and my guess is that i will. Just need to get the correct parts to show up.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I feel the same way. I was inches away from posting something in response to the OP that only a true a$$hole would post and, frankly, it offended even me. So I didn't.
Mother of mercy.....is this.....the end.... of Rico?
Old 01-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
Mother of mercy.....is this.....the end.... of Rico?
Hardly. It would be an absolute crime if he threw in the towel now -- but it sounds like he may have come to his senses. Even if he had to put everything on a three month hiatus to let his back recover, that would be fine. In fact, on a lot of our builds (mine included) someone always gets sick, or parts can't be had, etc. and a couple/few months gets tossed in to the timeline without a second thought.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Hardly. It would be an absolute crime if he threw in the towel now -- but it sounds like he may have come to his senses. Even if he had to put everything on a three month hiatus to let his back recover, that would be fine. In fact, on a lot of our builds (mine included) someone always gets sick, or parts can't be had, etc. and a couple/few months gets tossed in to the timeline without a second thought.
Since when has quitting gone out of vogue?

Heck, my back was sore from just changing a flat tire on my daily driver a week or two back. Resto has a car to build. Nothing wrong with giving up. It's a time-honored tradition.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
...giving up. It's a time-honored tradition.
It is abhorrent, and contrary to the American way. But I know you're only joking....
Old 01-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Famous words to live by:

"You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run"
Old 01-24-2011, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking take a break

let the back heal...this car is worth more complete with movie history etc...then as a project...it might of been easier to send back to Kirkham for completion!...heck if a questionable hearse can fetch $120K at BJ then this is got to be worth something!....plus a good ole FE kick in the back will fix your spine
Old 01-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Resto...

When and if (and I really wish you the best and hope it doesn't have to happen), you'll need to post the detailed ad in the For Sale area...and link back to a thread here if you want.

Everyone has the same rules.

You really took on quite a project and you should be proud of what you've done so far.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Sounds you need take a break for a bit to get your back feeling better, and in the meantime you can sort things out and get the correct parts.

You might need to slow down a bit, but hopefully you can stick with it till completion ... it's a very cool project and you are doing a great job !!!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Not Ranked     

Restocreations:
You know we all mean well. It's a great thread and we all like to build vicariously.
Definitely get well and do what you gotta do.

BTW, patrickt, my "end of Rico" post wasn't about the Cobra completion, it was about you holding off on your comment.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     

Resto: unless the reason for throwing in the towel is money, then don't feel down because things are not progressing as fast as you had hoped ! Take the time to rest your back and catch your wind. I know how life can get in between you and your goals,
( I must hold some sort of a record, as my project enters it's 11th year! ) but every time I enter my garage, the flame re-ignites, and I know it will all be worth it ! It's no crime to give it and yourself a rest, if you sell it now, You WILL regret it !!
Hang in there !
Ted
Old 01-24-2011, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX6363
Not Ranked     

Chris,
Hang in there! I had the same issues about two years ago and it took a few months before I could do anything within reason so just take a break from the car. I'm about to head out for my "sabbatical" within 10 days or I would offer to stop by and help out.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Resto...

When and if (and I really wish you the best and hope it doesn't have to happen), you'll need to post the detailed ad in the For Sale area...and link back to a thread here if you want.

Everyone has the same rules.

You really took on quite a project and you should be proud of what you've done so far.
Thanks for the nice comments and for the crap-always fun to read!
Its an easy project in my book, I just need the correct parts! I really havent spent very much time on the car-maybe 50 hours thus far. However, i have probably spent 90 hours on the phone, sending emails, returning parts, etc. Im not trying to be a whiner, but man, i really thought that this would be a case of ordering parts, having them arrive in a timely manner, bolting them on, and going on my way. I hope the parts will show up soon so i can put it together. Im on my 3rd piston order now and today my engine shop took apart the heads that i told them were set up and ready to bolt on. They sent me a nice email stating that the springs were good to go. No kidding, i just had Keith Craft build the heads after xxx shop screwed them up. That was kind of the straw that broke the camels back today, so to speak. It's just been a long couple of months waiting on things to arrive. I get excited when boxes arrive, but then there is the crushing let down when the wrong parts are inside.
My back is doing pretty well actually. Ive been able to start lifting weights again and doing cardio(does not like running though) However, it does not like it when i try to crawl under dashboards and does start to get tender in the eveneings and uncomfortable. I'm just used to running wide open, so this "take it easy" thing is frustrating. However, it's better than getting stuck on the floor for 2 weeks again.

Anyway, feel free to close the thread. Sorry for breaking the rules! I guess realistically i was just airing out some dirty laundry and needed to vent.

Last edited by RestoCreations; 01-24-2011 at 09:18 PM..
Old 01-25-2011, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Nothing to close...you're just 'thinking" about it at this point.

If it makes you feel any better, your description of frustrations in building a superhero car are no different than what others say when they're building mundane humonoid Cobras. I think the folks that are suggesting you step away for a bit are the most correct.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LoneStar 427 SC, "Red Venom", 351W B/S 400 HP, TKO 600 .64 OD
Not Ranked     

I've finished a number of big projects before (three airplanes that took a combined total of 13 years), and I've always reached this point at some time in the build. I've found that the key is to have more than one project or activity to turn to. Right now, I'm a little tired of seeing the Cobra in my shop so I've re-working my bass boat to get ready for some Spring fishing. When I hit the brick wall with one project, I just turn to the other and take some time off. Works every time. Good luck with the build. I'll continue to follow along.

PS - I just saw Iron Man again on cable over the weekend and I had to tell my wife that I'm following a guy who's rebuilding one of the cars from the movie.