Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Kirkham Motorsports (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/)
-   -   Kirkham Motorsports Workout of the Day (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/108806-kirkham-motorsports-workout-day.html)

David Kirkham 01-24-2011 03:44 PM

Kirkham Motorsports Workout of the Day

Today the weather was nice. It finally warmed up to the 30's :eek:

We decided to go for a little jog for lunch as a warm-up to our evening work out.

David
:):):)

RodKnock 01-24-2011 04:09 PM

Uh, what the jog was only 57 seconds? :LOL:

Why didn't you mount a GoPro video camera on Sandwich's head and make him go "vroom vroom" as you guys jogged around? :LOL:

BTW, watch the stress on the spine(s) and back(s).

David Kirkham 01-24-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1104977)
Uh, what the jog was only 57 seconds? :LOL:

Why didn't you mount a GoPro video camera on Sandwich's head and make him go "vroom vroom" as you guys jogged around? :LOL:

BTW, watch the stress on the spine(s) and back(s).

Sandwich didn't join us today...he was doing a little extra programming for a new part :D

David

N2VENOM 01-24-2011 05:05 PM

David, are you planning on driving to DC or running? You and the team not only produce the finest cobras but are becoming the healthiest craftsman on this planet. Now get back to work on my car! LOL Peace, Darren

David Kirkham 01-24-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2VENOM (Post 1104999)
David, are you planning on driving to DC or running? You and the team not only produce the finest cobras but are becoming the healthiest craftsman on this planet. Now get back to work on my car! LOL Peace, Darren

Hey, we were only gone for 57 seconds :LOL:

David

Jamo 01-24-2011 09:03 PM

You looked like a bunch of illegals. :p

fordracing65 01-24-2011 09:06 PM

Pretty soon Tom and David will not need there machinery, they will be so strong and buff they will just bend all that alloy by hand. :)

Buzz 01-25-2011 05:16 AM

This really reminds me of facebook. I love all the stuff you guys do and the magic you work with metal. But "Kirkhams go jogging"? Seems a wee bit narcissistic. What's next - "Kirkhams do lunch"? or "David duz dishes"?:LOL:
All ribbing aside - keep up the incredible work. The Cobra stuff y'all do is simply mind blowing.

csx4910 01-25-2011 08:38 AM

Just don't do a reality show. Lord knows we have too many of them already

David Kirkham 01-25-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 1105109)
This really reminds me of facebook. I love all the stuff you guys do and the magic you work with metal. But "Kirkhams go jogging"? Seems a wee bit narcissistic. What's next - "Kirkhams do lunch"? or "David duz dishes"?:LOL:
All ribbing aside - keep up the incredible work. The Cobra stuff y'all do is simply mind blowing.

:LOL:

Some time ago I spoke with Brent Mills about all the weight he had lost. Man is he looking good! I told him I too wanted to get back into shape and loose some of those extra burritos. I asked him if it would be OK to share a few things with you guys on the site to help keep everyone motivated. It's always nice to have your friends encourage you along (and to mercilessly poke you when needed) :LOL: We have saved so much weight on our cars with all the billet parts we had to start looking in easier places to keep taking the weight off--like the mirror :eek:

I figured I'd share with my friends here (on the Kirkham area of the forum) some of our after-hours activities. Many guys here on the site build their cars with their sons, nephews, brothers, wives, buddies, etc. We build cars every day. I go climbing with my boys.

For my birthday my 14 year old son made me a birthday card. It said, "Thanks for all the hikes we have been on together." Those climbs and time with them mean the world to me. We are now training to climb the Middle Teton together this summer. It is all they can talk about. In between all the aluminum chips, I swear I see mountain tops.

This is a picture of us (with my nephews) on the summit of Mt. Timpanogos this summer. It is one of many mountains I have climbed...but it is our first peak together.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...26_Medium_.jpg

Buzz 01-25-2011 09:13 PM

Yes - I suppose one would need to occasionally take a break from playing with all of those amazing toys. :)

David Kirkham 01-26-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1104977)

Sandwich decided to go "vroom vroom" on our jog today :D

Ask and ye shall receive :LOL:

David

N2VENOM 01-26-2011 01:07 PM

If you were running down the street carrying tires in Los Angeles, you would be arrested on the spot.:rolleyes: I think sandwich should dress up like a super hero tomorrow. Just don’t take it out on the flip-top.:LOL:

RodKnock 01-26-2011 03:06 PM

Man, look at the "tire" on that guy. :LOL:

MOTORHEAD 01-26-2011 05:37 PM

When you get tired of jogging, you can do dead lifts and bench presses with that 400# chunk of billet !!!!! ;)

David Kirkham 01-26-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOTORHEAD (Post 1105483)
When you get tired of jogging, you can do dead lifts and bench presses with that 400# chunk of billet !!!!! ;)

Maybe we'll run with engine parts tomorrow. Good idea.

David

Jamo 01-26-2011 10:43 PM

Now you REALLY look like illegals...with tires to float across the Rio Grande.

:p

RodKnock 01-26-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Kirkham (Post 1105505)
Maybe we'll run with engine parts tomorrow. Good idea.

David

Maybe the four of you can jog down to the SF Bay Area, each holding up one corner of the Copper car, and drop it off in my garage. :) :D :o

Think of the calories lost. I might even help you some of the way. :LOL:

Buzz 01-27-2011 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Kirkham (Post 1105420)
Ask and ye shall receive :LOL:

Ok, so when do we get to see "David Duz Dishes"? :LOL:

David Kirkham 01-27-2011 06:04 PM

When we aren't climbing mountains, I play the piano with my kids. Here is one of my sons playing Bach at his winter recital.