Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 09:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Price Increase

Hi I could not help but noticing that the base price for a 427 car went from 54,900 to 69,900, can you please elaborate.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Its about time, they have been giving them away at the lower price, gotta pay for quality, mine is on its way.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fifteen grand that just shy of 30% increase.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Its all about profit margins...... unless there paying the shop guys $50/hour???
Old 01-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

I know that in manufacturing all raw materials have increased at a rate of 15-20% over the last year. The extra 10% is probably the actual rate increase and the other portion is probably the RM side of things?

Either way, $70k does open the door for smaller shops to compete in the same market. With the correct suspension (Non-billet) $85,000 is the starting point.

Also keeps their previous customers cars in a value niche. Makes the cars a strong 6 figure cost of membership. If the price scares you there a host of glass cars available.

Remember it costs big $ to make a great replication or precise reproduction of the original. These cars can range from $20k - $125k, the more accurate the car the more the cost of membership. This will probably will not change anytime soon thus allowing for all walks of life to enjoy this sickness.......

Last edited by 1985 CCX; 01-01-2012 at 10:59 AM..
Old 01-01-2012, 11:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

With the Shelby CSX increase it was a must to raise the roller price, especially when Kirkhams make the shell, I talked with the Kirkhams about it, if they could they would give there cars away, thats just the kind of people they are, but with the cost of materials on the rise, the roller price must suffer, but you can't argue with quality, at either price it is one hell of a car.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So even with the incease in raw material and other factors, am I they only one that thinks they amount of jump in price is astronomical.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Alcoa Aluminiun and other commodities manufacturers have plumeted. It aint in the material cost, price should be dropping or they need to find another supplier.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #647 brushed
Not Ranked     

Boy am I glad we got the car last year!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck View Post
Hi I could not help but noticing that the base price for a 427 car went from 54,900 to 69,900, can you please elaborate.
For the record, the price increased $12,505. Price was $56,995. Price now $69,500. That's a 22% price increase.

When I purchased my car back in mid-2007, the base price for a new car was $56,995. So, it has been at least 4-5 years since their last price increase.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
For the record, the price increased $12,505. Price was $56,995. Price now $69,500. That's a 22% price increase.

When I purchased my car back in mid-2007, the base price for a new car was $56,995. So, it has been at least 4-5 years since their last price increase.
Then for the record, anyone who ownes a Kirkham just made $12,500. One's mans loss, is another mans gain.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

They may raise their margin but will dramatically reduce their volume but maybe they are satisfied with a lower volume. I was considering a CSX4000 fiberglass car until I priced it out. Base roller price wasn't too bad but once you add the items they now made options (use to be standard) they skyrocket. Then they raised the price also but clearly Shelby is more interested in the new Mustang Shelbys then the Cobra. Being in the auto industry I can understand price increases but 22% is a bit overboard. Wish I had my FIA Kirkham back now as the used ones will start creaping up also, so good for the original owners......
Old 01-01-2012, 03:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Lower volume usually means better quality control, not like they didnt have it right to begin with, as long as they keep making them the price will decrease unless they keep the roller prices up. lol
Old 01-01-2012, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 registered Brushed Kirkham polished stripes, 427 FE kieth craft 482 efi.ss chassis and all the go gear .
Not Ranked     
Default Bargain priced.

They are still way too cheap for the quality that the are,

Soul.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

A lot of money? Yes!
Overpriced? I don't think so.

The price entry point of 56k has been carried for years.
Metal prices have sky rocketed over this period.
That's simply a fact that can't be argued.

I know the price hike might put it out of reach for some, but I don't begrudge this.
It is after all just a toy, and there are plently of other options available.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The price is a bummer for those that want one, but great for those that have them.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsharapa View Post
They may raise their margin but will dramatically reduce their volume but maybe they are satisfied with a lower volume. I was considering a CSX4000 fiberglass car until I priced it out. Base roller price wasn't too bad but once you add the items they now made options (use to be standard) they skyrocket. Then they raised the price also but clearly Shelby is more interested in the new Mustang Shelbys then the Cobra. Being in the auto industry I can understand price increases but 22% is a bit overboard. Wish I had my FIA Kirkham back now as the used ones will start creaping up also, so good for the original owners......
The Kirkham's purchase the latest and greatest tooling and machines and continue to engineer a better product. Last I heard, the CSX aluminum roller was $120K before the last increase to their base fiberglass models ($49,995 to $59,995). At least 5 years later, they increase their price 22% and some folks think it's too much. Hmmm.

People forget that the employees of Kirkham occasionally require an increase to their compensation too.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

They just increased ffr's market share even further.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham # 561. Brushed Aluminum w polished stripes. Keith Craft build featuring a 427/482 Pond aluminum BB.
Not Ranked     

This makes pretty darn happy, as I just purchased #561 three weeks ago. I hope that producti
Old 01-01-2012, 07:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham # 561. Brushed Aluminum w polished stripes. Keith Craft build featuring a 427/482 Pond aluminum BB.
Not Ranked     

For myself, I hope that both Kirkham production slows down AND that Shelby gets out of the business.