Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 09:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 592
Not Ranked     
Default Mass insurance for a Kirkham $1400

Currently my policy is written with the titled as a 1965. Unfortunately, I can get a sticker (emissions). It is a very complicated process in Ma the emissions people want me to change my title. At that point the insurance will go up. I'm putting a feeler out there. What are you guys paying anually?
chris
Old 01-11-2012, 11:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

sounds extremely high to me. i pay a little over 300 for full coverage, granted your location will make rates change but not that much. try these guys, alot of us here use them...

Midwest Classic Insurance

fred
Old 01-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile

I have my Cobra, 06 Mustang and a GT40 insured with Midwest Classic for $1400

Dwight
Old 01-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Just a thought, but since insurance rates vary by state, you may want to put this thread into the New England Cobra Forum. What Dwight pays in Alabama likely has no relationship to what you pay in MA.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 838
Not Ranked     

$500 annually with extra miles and drive to work option. I think base price is closer to $300.

It is a stated value policy and I assume your Kirkham is valued higher than my ERA.

Another vote for Robin Terry with American Modern.

John
Old 01-11-2012, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I use American Collectors for $400 with a 2500 mile annual limit

Rick
Old 01-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Just a thought, but since insurance rates vary by state, you may want to put this thread into the New England Cobra Forum. What Dwight pays in Alabama likely has no relationship to what you pay in MA.
This is the second time I find myself agreeing with your advice today (the other time concerns the Ironman being auctioned in Monterey this particular year).

Please don't feel pressured to let it go to your head.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-Tech 347 Ford 450HP
Not Ranked     

Ca $281 for 250/500 per year
Old 01-11-2012, 09:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think the major problem is my title has to have the word replica on it. American collecors is also $400 for me with my curent title which has no mention of the word replica. So I figure the SPF must not have the term replica on the title. That is what increases the rates but is needed to get a sticker

Last edited by ng8264723; 01-11-2012 at 09:52 PM..
Old 01-12-2012, 06:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 08 Mustang GT
Not Ranked     

I know live in N.H but as I recall Mass has one of the highest rates in the nation In N.H. I am Insured with limited Mileage per year the cost is only $300 per year and I am limited to 5000 per year
Old 01-16-2012, 11:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dennis,
Who is your coveraGE WITH
THANKS
CHRIS
Old 01-17-2012, 05:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my beloved Shelby CSX 4068, Gessford 427 Ford
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng8264723 View Post
I think the major problem is my title has to have the word replica on it. American collecors is also $400 for me with my curent title which has no mention of the word replica. So I figure the SPF must not have the term replica on the title. That is what increases the rates but is needed to get a sticker
The title likely won't matter to Midwest Classic Ins. and Robin. He knows RepliCobras, and I'm pretty sure he'll know your Kirkham isn't a 1965 Shelby Cobra. When I first insured mine, the policy said 1965 Shelby Cobra and the CSX#. I immediately called them to be sure they knew it wasn't an original Cobra. No problem. Give him a call and ask that question specifically. I'll bet you a cold beer it won't matter.

Last edited by DougD; 01-17-2012 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: typo on company name
Old 01-17-2012, 08:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Doug,
Midwest (Robin) was $1,400 without liabilty coverage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 FIA, 363 Stroker
Not Ranked     

I have 2 antique cars and my kirkham, which is registered as a 65, under Barrett-Jackson's collector car Insurance/Chartis, and i pay about 750.00 per year on all 3.

My question to you is, how to you change a title from a recent year to 1965??? I was just lucky the State trooper asked me if I wanted mine titled as a 1965.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Doug,
Midwest (Robin) was $1,400 without liabilty coverage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK. Did you ask him about the title issue and get it quoted both ways? Where are you getting the information that retitling will increase your premium?

I'll still bet that it's because of where you live, your age, personal driving history, claim history, etc., not whether it's titled as a replica or not. It just doesn't make sense that a $85,000 replica that is easily replaced would cost more to insure than a $500,000 original. Especially with stated value insurance.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Doug,
Well you are wrong. I have zero tickets and zero accidents and zero claims (knock on wood). I'm a 43 year old MD. I'm not exactly a big insurance risk. I have it titled as a cobra now. Once the word replica appears my current policy goes up. Things in the insurance world don't always make sense. Apparently, a replica is considered a modded car while an orginal isn't. That is why the price goes up. When I went to change my title my carrier said my premium would increase. Robin also said it would increase. Why would you think I made it up? If you don't have any helpful info to add move on............... I don't need to be questioned in that manner I'm not lying. I was pretty clear
Old 01-20-2012, 03:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: backdraft racing #470 427sb
Not Ranked     

It could just be the great state of Ma. Does the premium go up due to the word replica or that they look at a 65 to be cheaper then a 2012 anything? Mine is titled as a 2007 pay around 1000. due to the year the engine was built. According to the MAC if I had a 65 engine and prove with ser#s ect... being a crate engine built in 2007 that is the year of the car for titling/ inspection reasons. I believe you only have until early April for he emmissions waiver otherwise you need to meet all OBD2 emmissions just like a new 2012 anything. Sorry
Old 01-20-2012, 05:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Doug,
Well you are wrong. I have zero tickets and zero accidents and zero claims (knock on wood). I'm a 43 year old MD. I'm not exactly a big insurance risk. I have it titled as a cobra now. Once the word replica appears my current policy goes up. Things in the insurance world don't always make sense. Apparently, a replica is considered a modded car while an orginal isn't. That is why the price goes up. When I went to change my title my carrier said my premium would increase. Robin also said it would increase. Why would you think I made it up? If you don't have any helpful info to add move on............... I don't need to be questioned in that manner I'm not lying. I was pretty clear
Well I've been wrong before. I certainly was in this case for trying to help. Sorry for trying. And your posts ARE NOT clear, by the way.

Your first one:

"Currently my policy is written with the titled as a 1965. Unfortunately, I can get a sticker (emissions). It is a very complicated process in Ma the emissions people want me to change my title. At that point the insurance will go up."

What the heck does the underlined mean?

Your second one:

"I think the major problem is my title has to have the word replica on it. American collecors is also $400 for me with my curent title which has no mention of the word replica. So I figure the SPF must not have the term replica on the title. That is what increases the rates but is needed to get a sticker"

You think and you figure. Don't sound like facts to me. We're all driving replicas.

Once again, sorry for commenting. No intent to piss you off. Definitely won't try to help you again. Good luck in your search.