Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Kirkham Motorsports (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/)
-   -   Heart Attack :( (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/123365-heart-attack.html)

David Kirkham 10-29-2013 01:27 PM

Heart Attack :(

Fellow Car Nuts...

I posted this on my Facebook yesterday...

I had a heart attack [just over a week ago] :(

I hadn't been feeling well all week. My friends and employees even said I looked tired. On Friday morning I called my brother in law, who is a doctor, and described my symptoms. They were the classic symptoms of a heart attack (the worst pain was down my arms and in my wrists). He told me to go directly to the ER. He called my lovely sisters, Anne K. Black and Jennifer Kirkham Griffin who work across the street and they rushed me to the ER. They found the blockage quickly and placed a stent. The miracle is they could not find any damage, even with extensive testing. My most beautiful wife, Alisa Kirkham, stayed by me the entire time--even staying in my bed (which the nurses thought was cute). I am deeply grateful to all who took instant concern for me and did all they could to help me through a trying time.

Yesterday I received a phone call from United States Senator Mike Lee. Friday I received a phone call from Congressman Jason Chaffetz wishing me well. Both men are stand up politicians who we can be proud of. Both of them spent quite a bit of their limited time on the phone with me and I truly felt they were genuinely concerned about my health and well being. After allaying their concerns for my health, I changed the conversation to politics (of course). I shared with both of them how proud I was of all they have accomplished and all they fight for back in Washington DC. I told Congressman Jason Chaffetz I was very proud of his work. I told Senator Michael S. Lee he was doing exactly what we sent him there to do and that I was proud of him. Mike said he was taking heat for standing up for us. I encourage all of you to call Mike and tell him how proud you are of him. Both of them are truly great men who represent us well. They care about their constituents and we should all be extremely proud they represent us.

[The Governor's office called today as well, checking in and setting up a time for the Governor could call]. I am thankful our own politicians here in our great state care enough to call on their constituents. We do have great leaders in our state. Update: Governor Herbert just called. He was extremely gracious and concerned on the phone. I do count him as a friend.

As for now--I feel fine. I feel like nothing ever happened. The miracles of modern medicine are great. I strongly encourage all of you to keep your health as your top priority. If you have any symptoms, go immediately to the ER. Not only was my prompt arrival to the ER certainly part of the reason I don't have any detectable damage (right now), but it very well may be why I am even alive.

I love all you guys :) Keep the shiny side up :)

David
:):):)

RodKnock 10-29-2013 01:36 PM

Thank you for sharing and get well soon. And it's nice to have family around too.

my427cobra 10-29-2013 01:39 PM

Glad to hear you had such good care and that you're getting better.

Stay well and take care David.

Cheers
Greg

ERA Chas 10-29-2013 01:42 PM

Best wishes for full recovery and keep buildin' those cars.
Free advice:
A. Be sure your heart is healthy enough for sex.
B. Do NOT exceed 7000 RPM. :MECOOL:

mrmustang 10-29-2013 01:59 PM

David,

Time to take a step back and relax for a while as your system recuperates.

Bill S.

KirkV 10-29-2013 02:04 PM

David,

Never met you but great that you addressed this early and glad to hear of your results!

Kirk

justcobra 10-29-2013 02:18 PM

A quick remedy of your symptons of a heart attack is to take a 300mg Aspirin tablet (ASAP) and get to a hospital quickly.

Varmit 10-29-2013 02:20 PM

David

After just spending a week in the hospital for heart surgery, I know how you feel and what it feels like when people especially your wife support and show concern. It is very touching. Wishing you all the best, and full and speedy recovery.!!!!!!

LMH 10-29-2013 02:25 PM

Good news it was caught w/o damage David! Glad to hear you're doing so well.
Just keep going for those check ups and the tests.
Larry

olddog 10-29-2013 02:38 PM

Glad to hear the outcome is positive.

One measure of a mans treasure is his friends.

4pipes 10-29-2013 02:55 PM

Get well David. You're lucky to have such a great, close support system.

maurice19 10-29-2013 03:08 PM

I`m glad you were in the position health wise to tell us of the event.

May you have a quick recovery, my friend.

Maurice

Bill D 10-29-2013 03:16 PM

Glad you're ok and on the way to recovering. God speed

rodneym 10-29-2013 03:18 PM

Get well soon, David!
We all want you to know you're truly appreciated here!!
:)

Cobra #3170 10-29-2013 03:45 PM

Health

It is truly a blessing that you suffered no permanent damage to your heart, you must be living right. Glad you made it through, take some time to relax and fully recover, life is to precious not to.

Racer_X 10-29-2013 03:56 PM

I know you are very thankful for the blessing right now that nothing else is wrong and they were able to diagnose it and repair so quickly. Here's to a healthy recovery and many more years of Kirkham awesomeness!!

Curtis

Randy Rosenberg 10-29-2013 04:15 PM

I hope your recovery is quick and easy...

MOTORHEAD 10-29-2013 05:02 PM

Glad you're ok! Take it easy for awhile, the other stuff will wait !

1ntCobra 10-29-2013 05:09 PM

It's good to hear that there's no permanent damage. I hope you recover quickly.

rollinggeorge 10-29-2013 05:13 PM

David....as your senior I say you're too young to have had an attack. My younger brother has had stents from his episode. Thankfully you've recuperated from this wake up call. Thanks for the advice as we all continue to go forward with new knowledge for warning signs........I quote you "Fear is the thief of dreams".......Trust in God will strengthen & heal you. **)**)**)