Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2018, 11:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alum 427 S/C with KC FE 482 Shelby
Not Ranked     
Default Rear rims / whells

intend to replace rear wheels on my KMS 427 as I noticed that handbrake mechanics damaged the inner rim surface - probably small stones got inbetween handbrake assembley and rim (now corrected cause as good as possible via grinding away "contact surfaces of handbrake assembley) - Forgot to take pictures........sorry

So the questions is:

Anyone aware which wheel producer provides rims to KMS for 427 S/C so that I can get exactly same wheels?

I shall not forget to state: In all the years of ownership that was the only tiny hick-up I had as far it concerns my KMS - Love the car and the build quality!

If any hick-upīs with the car (and even those where / are almost negelectable): All of them related non Kirkham but more or less simple engine / clutch issues......

I shall appreciate your support
Carsten
Old 10-23-2018, 10:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #259
Not Ranked     

No....but BBS makes a Center section that works for the KMS Hub and then you can get any size wheel you want......

We use the 18” BBS wheels on KMP259
Old 10-23-2018, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the feed-back Morris!

I belong to the group of happy ignorants sticking to 15 dimension.....so I need to hope for further advice from that section.....
Old 10-23-2018, 03:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

The tolerances are tight, so I'd say all it takes is a bump in the road to damage the inner wheel surface. Same thing happened to mine.

Trigo wheels are the replacement for KMS.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:17 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Nc427,
Am I reading that right? You want to replace the wheels due to a tiny pebble scratching the inside of the rim?! Those tolerances are super tight. It WILL happen again. The only time I see my grooves are when the wheels are off.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Granted input is helpful - thanks a lot!

Yep, tolerances are very tight.........as indicated i grinded a certain portion of the handbrake assembly down -> works technically just fine since 4 years -> still I had something stuck between handbrake assembly and wheel stuck (probably a small stone) and the scratches on the inner side of then wheel are deeper than I like them to be Yep, everything is technically still fine since four years but I want do something good to my KMS 😀

So I understand Trigo are the ones I need to go for.........shall check

Thanks again to all contributors