Welcome to Club Cobra.

You are currently viewing the world's largest resource for Shelby related information as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

  •  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
December 2021
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By jkg2101
  • 2 Post By twobjshelbys
  • 1 Post By Blue66
  • 3 Post By jkg2101

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2019, 03:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham
Posts: 71
Not Ranked     
Default Kirkham for sale

Unfortunately, i am putting my Kirkham 427 up for sale. I have wanted this car for a lifetime, and I have had the pleasure of owning for a short while now. But financial and physical concerns make it put it up for sale. I hope the right person is interested. the car is truly a work of art. The car is listed on the classified pages on clubcobra.com
can also see it here:
https://www.monticellomotorclub.com/...-bodied-cobra/


justin
t walgamuth likes this.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2019, 03:37 PM
twobjshelbys's Avatar
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Posts: 4,499
Not Ranked     
Default

I'd suggest you also list it on Cobra Country. I expect it will sell over there very quickly. The reality is that there aren't very many buyers here any more, especially for the dollars that a Kirkham will bring.
Blue66 and FredG like this.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony
CSX4005LA
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2020, 01:43 PM
ERA 626's Avatar
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Danville, CA
Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Posts: 1,353
Not Ranked     
Default

i would love to see more photos of this car...
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2020, 04:28 PM
Sawdust's Avatar
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North of Toronto, Ont
Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1950, Roush 402R, TKO600
Posts: 529
Not Ranked     
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkg2101 View Post
Unfortunately, i am putting my Kirkham 427 up for sale. I have wanted this car for a lifetime, and I have had the pleasure of owning for a short while now. But financial and physical concerns make it put it up for sale. I hope the right person is interested. the car is truly a work of art. The car is listed on the classified pages on clubcobra.com
can also see it here:
https://www.monticellomotorclub.com/...-bodied-cobra/


justin

Just curious, not trying to be a dickhead but........ you mention in your post you are selling for financial and physical reasons and on the website you are selling to make room for a new vintage Mustang????? Curious minds want to know!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-28-2020, 04:35 PM
twobjshelbys's Avatar
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Posts: 4,499
Not Ranked     
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
Just curious, not trying to be a dickhead but........ you mention in your post you are selling for financial and physical reasons and on the website you are selling to make room for a new vintage Mustang????? Curious minds want to know!
financial = need money for mustang
physical = need room for mustang

???
__________________
Cheers,
Tony
CSX4005LA
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2020, 07:21 AM
Sawdust's Avatar
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North of Toronto, Ont
Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1950, Roush 402R, TKO600
Posts: 529
Not Ranked     
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
financial = need money for mustang
physical = need room for mustang

???

Makes sense to me
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2020, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Cobra Make, Engine:
Posts: 634
Not Ranked     
Default

physical= Just tired of the car an found a new shiny object I need ;-/
Sawdust likes this.
__________________
Dan
427 CSX 3000 long gone
427 CSX 4000 CSX-2
A few Shelbys all gone
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2020, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham
Posts: 71
Not Ranked     
Default

First I must clarify that I have wanted this car for at least 25 years, and it took me a long time to get it.
I wish I could keep it forever, but i am literally afraid to drive it on the track, and the track is my new hobby. I will never be faster than the new porsches and mclarens that the rich guys drive, but i figured with a vintage mustang racer, i might look and sound cooler.
So I need space
If I was not married, i would just put the Kirkham in my living room and look at it

And yes, as I type this I wonder if it would just be easier to get rid of the wife. I havent quite figured that one out yet
some of you post about how understanding your wife is. I dont have that. My wife said if I brought home one more car, then she was leaving. So I brought home a 67 corvette to restore. But she didnt leave. Instead, she just bought a $1200 coffee machine, and a Maltese (dog that looks like a rat)
Cobrafann, Sawdust and Alfa02 like this.

Last edited by jkg2101; 01-31-2020 at 06:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2020, 06:33 PM
patrickt's Avatar
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Posts: 20,986
Not Ranked     
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkg2101 View Post
... but i figured with a vintage mustang racer, i might look and sound cooler.
That's as good a reason as any to sell your Cobra. It's not for you, or it's not for you right now.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2020, 01:09 AM
RB60's Avatar
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Cobra Make, Engine: Unique - motorless for now
Posts: 164
Not Ranked     
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkg2101 View Post
First I must clarify that I have wanted this car for at least 25 years, and it took me a long time to get it.
I wish I could keep it forever, but i am literally afraid to drive it on the track, and the track is my new hobby. I will never be faster than the new porsches and mclarens that the rich guys drive, but i figured with a vintage mustang racer, i might look and sound cooler.
So I need space
If I was not married, i would just put the Kirkham in my living room and look at it

And yes, as I type this I wonder if it would just be easier to get rid of the wife. I havent quite figured that one out yet
some of you post about how understanding your wife is. I dont have that. My wife said if I brought home one more car, then she was leaving. So I brought home a 67 corvette to restore. But she didnt leave. Instead, she just bought a $1200 coffee machine, and a Maltese (dog that looks like a rat)
It will be easier to get rid of the wife. But be aware, it will be very expensive. Trust me...
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2020, 01:59 AM
LudicrousSpeed's Avatar
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Cobra Make, Engine: ...
Posts: 201
Not Ranked     
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB60 View Post
It will be easier to get rid of the wife. But be aware, it will be very expensive. Trust me...
Cheaper2keeper.
__________________
- Just call me Speed
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2020, 05:49 AM
1795's Avatar
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canandaigua, NY
Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Posts: 2,217
Not Ranked     
Default

Best to be comfortable on the track; not the place to go beyond your comfort level. The Mustang will have a longer and wider wheel base, but is still old school on handling so be careful. Drive within your limits and let the rich guys buy their success. They can throw way more money at it and can afford to pay for major repairs or a new car. Have fun, that's what it is all about.
__________________

Last edited by 1795; 02-01-2020 at 07:32 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the clubcobra.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Shelby American, any other replica manufacturer, Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by clubcobra.com and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Ford Motor Company, or Shelby American or any other manufacturer unless expressly noted by that entity. "Cobra" and the Cobra logo are registered trademarks for Ford Motor Co., Inc. clubcobra.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting clubcobra.com. For full policy documentation refer to the following link: CC Policy