Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 10:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 592
Not Ranked     
Default A sign of the times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelb...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-31-2008, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

You sure seem to be overly fascinated with watching for dropping prices on KMPs and other cars substantiating whatever position you took weeks ago that folks did not find all that interesting, especially when you comment on how others order and sell their cars in a rather unmannerly manner. Obviously, the market has become a bit crowded...not really news to anyone.

A shop is selling it for several thousand less than they paid, but they are also offering to finish the car up for the purchaser. Not unlike building a commercial building to spec. Seems like a good way to generate some business in tight times.

You appear to be a one-issue persona lately. How about branching out a bit.

Last edited by Jamo; 05-31-2008 at 10:57 PM..
Old 05-31-2008, 11:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1474: 482 CI stroked tunnel port 427 with dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Auction description says Buy it now price of $50,000....but I don't see a Buy it now option...just a starting bid price of $50,000. Granted, I see no reserve has been set.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 592
Not Ranked     

No big deal. I guess I'm used to the cj site i belong to. We post a lot of Ebay listing there and other interesting finds. I guess no one here cares. I guess i'll stay at other sites where the company isn't as disinterested in what I have to say. Sorry for wasting everyone's precious time and bandwidth
Good Bye.
chris
Old 06-01-2008, 01:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Chris, I think it is of interest to hear about the current market conditions. Not everyone currently has a Cobra and to many of us your posts and observations are welcome. Don't be turned off or on by one person's opinion. After all you're not preaching gloom and doom. You're only sharing observations.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Yup...no need to leave. But comments about other folk's builds and what they are worth, or how someone did on a sale or purchase (sometimes to both the purchaser and the buyer) can be a bit crass, and has resulted in some PMs to me of late about the personalized remarks. This latest thread continues the same single-issue trend, which some have taken as "doom and gloom." A little variety is always interesting.

Note that my comment was driven by observations of others and with previous postings over the past couple of months in mind, and not in the vacuum of a single post.

Last edited by Jamo; 06-01-2008 at 02:17 AM..
Old 06-01-2008, 07:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

In my opinion all the doom and gloom about dropping cobra pricing resides on this sight. I continue to see cobra sell on cobra country, I do not know the final sales price but the asking prices have not dropped. I surf ebay and there are two BDR's for $69K or something pretty high. Sure there were/are some smoking deals and poof they were gone within a week if not days. The stock market is extremely irrational in the short term just like any other market, in the long term everything rationalizes. The only time to care about selling prices is when you have to sell. If the market is that overloaded then manufactures will quit making, supply will drop, prices will recover.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and 427S/C
Not Ranked     

Cobra $ing is always in flux! You are always on top of that news.
Spend more time on your build and get out and enjoy the car. You are lucky to have a KMS so enjoy it.
Cobra pricing:
This week they are down.
Six months maybe up?
Pricing is like a wave, ride it.............or better ride in it.

You must watch your 401k daily too? Life is too short.

Last edited by 1985 CCX; 06-01-2008 at 07:29 AM..
Old 06-01-2008, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Here is something for Chris: I am about to purchase an aluminum car and see if I can go in the direction of CNG. If you see a screaming deal on a new or used aluminum car, please let me know.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It's a good buy, not so sure it's a great buy. You still have to put substantial dollars into it to get it running. There is no 'Buy it Now' price and zero bids to date. Looks like a fairly run of the mill offering at this point.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Jamo, I took the time to read a number of Chris' posts. I really don't see anything that offensive. Chris is definitely someone I would want on my side when buying a car. It's just like real estate. It is always a POS when buying and the Taj Mahal when selling. Regardless, buying a KMP, CSX, etc. is still buying a replica. Replicas are not purchased for the investment quality. These are toys and toys go the direction of the economy but always (unless original and truly collectible) lose value. Look at Ferrari. Until they become true classics they fall like crazy (Good time to buy a Mondial or 328). Anyway, keep posting Chris.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

mtml427

That's your opinion, and you're welcome to it. Mine is also reflective of comments from folks who took the time to PM me who completely disagree with you. When a mod makes a suggestion, there's usually a reason based on info you may not be aware of...you might want to consider that instead of commenting so readily. I truly don't need a lesson from you about Cobra markets...

Note that my posts were constructive in suggesting he show us what else there is about Chris besides worrying about what other folks are spending. Nobody told him to leave...that was his over the top response.

Given his response and your inability to leave it alone, there is no further value to leaving this open.