Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Kirkham Motorsports

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtml427 View Post
Mike, I have been looking at Kirkhams as well. I plan to go a different direction with the engine but the best deals I have heard of and/or seen were 67,000, 69,000, and 75,000. The last one was sent to France but just killer. I have come to the conclusion that unless you can buy south of 85-90 you may as well buy new and get what you want. Perhaps the economy will correct some of the pricing out of Poland and Utah just as housing is correcting. Not too often you see Battleground, Washington mentioned. Nice place.
xlr8or just sold his recently around the mid-80's, and his car had a Genesis cast iron block. Flip's (HI Cobra) made a terrific buy at $68,000, and if I remember correctly, it has a cast iron 427 S/O. However, I'm not sure. It seems that the Kirkhams built with engines that have an aluminum block as a base sell for a slight premium. Again, the market is thin for sales.

The new Kirkham cars have actually gone up in price. They had a package price last year for $49,000 or $49,995, I forget. Just a couple months back, this same package price was $55,000. Today, if you check their website, the package price is $57,000. I would say they're appreciating. The raw materials must be going up, I suppose.

If a nice 289 came along I might even be interested. The GT40's hurt my head when I think about the transaxle and the various upgrades needed.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 482 FE, Pond Aluminum, CNC ported heads
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Cobra Mike,

It seems you made the right choice .........Your dream car I agreed to buy last year for $84,000.........The splineless worm sold it for $86,000 the day before our agreed meeting .........The spoiled child let me pack up the wife and dog and drive half way across the nation to sell me short. His reason for selling was he was afraid to drive it and his wife was buying him a new Turbo Porsche. This fool is a Cancer Doctor who needs his legs broken .....with that said......I found my Kirkham with a Keithcraft 482 CI aluminum block with a 5 speed.....You've made the right decision so take your time and find the car that fits the bill.
Send me a private message and I will offer my input.

May You Stay Forever Young
Rollinggeorge

Last edited by rollinggeorge; 10-04-2008 at 08:41 PM..
Old 10-05-2008, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

George, did you give the guy a deposit? If so, then you should be pissed, if not, then you have no argument. When selling a car, cash in hand is the only thing that matters and it is first come first serve. When I sold my Kirkham a guy from Italy wanted it and was sending someone down from NY to look at it (I made no promises to hold it and he offered no deposit that would have held it for him) another guy swooped in with an overnight check and the rest is history. Promises to buy mean nothing unfortunatly.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 592
Not Ranked     

This fool is a Cancer Doctor
I agree with ENT doc. Cash in hand! If you sent a deposit then fine. If you didn't I don't care how far you drove. I had a guy drive to my house in Ma from Penn. He was coming to look at my 70 SCJ. I told him a price and said I wouldn't budge. I told him I really don't need to sell it. The guy offered me 10G less! I really didn't care how far he drove
Old 10-05-2008, 07:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Several
Not Ranked     

Offers to sell carry little weight unless accepted. Neither has a duty to inform. First acceptance rules.
Promises to sell carry a duty to inform of changes in terms. Rarely binding without a written acceptance.
All can be ignored, depending on the nature, documents, deposits and amounts.

Low-ball offers can be ignored with ease. High-ball offers can be ignored without deposits. Even very modest deposits can make the terms legal and binding at law.
Reputations remain.

Ill-will always carries karma. If not now, later.

See and enjoy the latest Hemmings Classic car for lots of intelligent suggestions regarding buying/selling at auctions.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington
Old 10-05-2008, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

George, please post more photo's of your Kirkham.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 482 FE, Pond Aluminum, CNC ported heads
Not Ranked     

I tried to upload the photos of my car but the web site states too much space...........Not being a computer geek, no can do.

My attempt to respond to the other opinions is given due to my passion for the aggravation my wife, dog and I endured....Hopefully it will give you a chuckle......no response necessary.

I agree that cash in hand guarantees the sale. I also agree you made it perfectly clear for no promises.... so first come first sold.

The seller contacted me asking if I was still interested after he first refused my offer, which was made only after extensive research of his vehicle including contact with the Kirkhams. The first time he called me I was enroute to the Kirkham factory. Obviously I'm serious.

I agreed and informed him I was choosing his vehicle over another Kirkham priced $9000 less. Our agreement was made with assurance that I was buying the car....period!!! We both agreed that I would beat the deposit if sent by mail...........he told me he had back up offer which I applauded so he was guaranteed the car would be sold....Our meeting was to be at his earliest convenience. He knew I was driving cross country and assurred me we had a deal. I took him at his word........but he took a $2000 higher offer hours before our scheduled meeting.

I took a calculated risk believing a professional would be a man of his word, who would never allow another human being to drive 2 days for naught. Had he told me he would not hold the car or insisted on a wire, my opinion of him would be different. Yes I believe in Karma.

I found a better car in Texas. The seller refused to take a $10,000 cash deposit and insisted the funds to be wired to his bank.......Thoughts of "here we go again crossed my mind", but fortunately the car now sits in my garage.

There are very different people in this world....we choose how we conduct ourselves......AND MAY YOU STAY FOREVER YOUNG

May You Stay Forever Young
Rollinggeorge
Old 10-05-2008, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Several
Not Ranked     

'Ees a dirty rat, mon Kapitan.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington
Old 10-05-2008, 01:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

I would agree that a promise to hold for a set period should be as good as cash
Old 10-05-2008, 02:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

George- yes, you have to reduce the photo size to apx. 40 KP.

There are many ways and sites, that you can up load your pics on and reduce them for different sized site's. Here on CC, they have to be pretty small, I assume because we have so many members, that photo's take up a lot me memory. Or, you can resize them on your computer, using one of your programs. Right click on a stored photo and you should get a "resize" photo direction.

There are also many sites that you can have your own website for photo's and information about you, your cars family ect. Here are some that I use.

http://www.tinypic.com/ (just for loading and sizing)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/427HISS

http://www.myspace.com/427shelbycobra

http://photobucket.com/427HISS

Let me know if you have questions or problems.

Thanks,

Last edited by FUNFER2; 10-10-2008 at 11:54 AM..
Old 10-10-2008, 11:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey rollinggeorge, please post or email me some photo's of your Kirkham. Looks very nice from the small pic.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMike View Post
Hello All,

After much consideration and having a more technically accurate Contemporary in the past, I'm pretty much set on getting a Kirkham. I have spent a lot of time trying to locate all of the currently available 427 cars currently for sale. If anyone knows of others that I've missed or have any of the missing (?) information on the cars below please post and I'll update my post to keep it current. The first car in the list, which I just found out was sold has my wishlist of items: Stroked 427 Aluminum shelby block*, SS Frame, lot's of options and blue/white paint if it's painted, otherwise I really like the brushed finish/polished stripes.

* Seems I'd like a Keith Craft built motor based on the other nice cars I've seen selecting them to build their motor.

Kind Regards,
Mike

427 Kirkham's for Sale:
---------------------------------------------------------
Car: Kirkham #??? Painted Blue $89,000 (SOLD)
Motor: Aluminum Shelby block 484C.I. 500+++hp
Condition: Used
Extra Options: Stainless Steel frame, 42 gallon tank.
http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...duct=759&cat=2

Car: Kirkham #529 fully Polished $105,000
Motor: Keith Craft Aluminum Shelby block 482C.I. 600hp
Condition: New (from Keith Craft)
Extra Options: SS sidepipes and a few others.
http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...uct=1067&cat=2

Car: Kirkham #326 Brushed/polished stripes $82,000 (SALE PENDING)
Motor: Genesis 427FE stroked to 468 cid
Condition: Used 5500 Miles
Extra Options: Penske shocks
http://www.cobracountry.com/cobra4sa...kham/home.html

Car: Kirkham #297 Brushed/polished strips w/rookie $83,500.
Motor: 66 427FE 557HP
Condition: Used 5500 miles, 500 on motor
Extra Options: Adjustable Penske shocks, Custom soft top by Robbins Auto Top
http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...hp?product=599

Car: Kirkham #051 ? Painted White $114,995 (on Ebay now)
Motor: twin Paxton supercharged 427 (STROKED TO 458 CUBIC INCHES) by Cobra Automotive, 720 horsepower
Condition: Used 3000? miles
Extra Options:
http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...?itemid=500577

Car: Kirkham #249 Brushed/Ghost stripes $86,900.00
Motor: 427FE stroked to 499C.I. built by Southern Automotive Engines (Hi-Riser heads)
Condition: Used
Extra Options: original-style Shelby suspension (now a $16k option), Penske Racing coil-over shocks
http://www.cobracountry.com/cobra4sa.../geng-kirkham/

Car: Kirkham #??? Brushed $100,000 obo
Motor: original cast-iron Ford 427FE
Condition: New?
Extra Options: Shelby Anniversary instrument gauges, Girling aluminum brakes
http://www.cobracountry.com/cobrasforsale-cobras.html (PetrusG@JustCobras.com)

Car: Kirkham #??? 25k Red paint job (Pretty Car!!) $165,000
Motor: Original Ford 427FE Weber FI, 578 HP
Condition: New (Zero Miles)
Extra Options: all options, SS frame, custom 4" SS sidepipes
http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...ra/655475.html

Car: Kirkham #??? Brushed/polished stripes $????
Motor: Ford 427FE
Condition: Used 2006
Extra Options: ????
http://www.familyclassiccars.com/200...ham-427-cobra/

Mike, Did you ever find a Kirkham? If so, what did you buy? What did you have to pay? I have been looking on and off for quite some time and am looking again.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Don't give up - it only took me 4 - 5 years but well worth the wait!
Old 05-31-2009, 12:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX-1000 Shelby AC Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default I have a Finished Kirkham Roller in Brushed Al. for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtml427 View Post
Mike, Did you ever find a Kirkham? If so, what did you buy? What did you have to pay? I have been looking on and off for quite some time and am looking again.

The car is #233 it is complete and finished minus engine and trans. Has most all upgrades but stainless frame. Can be bought finished with a all new 427 Alu. Cammer or as is for 69K.All it needs is the engine/trans/driveshaft everything else is finished on the car PERFECT!! Car is still new with no miles Leather dash and seats wool carpet has not been instaled but is new in the trunk. Car is perfect and all ass. and finishing has been done. Call tim at 941 391 5990
Old 05-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Tim, I'm not sure if you're aware that a brand new well-optioned (no SS frame) roller with the brushed finish can be purchased fully assembled from the Kirkham factory for $57,000 plus an additional $8,000 for the brushed finish for a total price of $65,000.

Here's the link:

http://www.kirkhammotorsports.com/pricehome/price.html

Good luck with the sale.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #570 w Shelby FE
Not Ranked     

Plus another $2k for stripes, $2k for the big gas tank, ect... You can still get over $69k real quick, depends on what the car's got.

I know I sure did. ('course I went nuts and clicked all the boxes) Plus a couple things not on the price sheet.

No regrets though...
Old 06-03-2009, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That was fun,......$92,770

Some of that was "suspension, original style, (replaces standard billet suspension) $15,995 !

Brushed body, a lot of the Engine Compartment products
& polished side pipes.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, you can get up to and over $69,000 fast, but the car referenced doesn't have stripes or the big tank. Also, who knows, the Kirkhams may cut a reasonable deal right now, but I've got no clue.

Further, #233 or whatever the referenced car's # is, is not new and wasn't assembled by the factory. At any rate, for $69,000 or anything near there, I'd dial the Kirkham's telephone number in a heartbeat. JMHO.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #570 w Shelby FE
Not Ranked     

Gets up there quick, don't it...

Could have been worse, could've bought GM bonds instead.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Yep,

I run the numbers on #142 I got last year for $68.6k and say "Thank you Lord!".
I get to around $90k and that doesn't include the date coded 1965 SO 427 with the
top loader. Budman did a most excellent job of putting it together. No buyer's
remorse here. Figure out what you want, save your money, wait, and pounce
when the dream deal arrives!