Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Kirkham Motorsports (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/)
-   -   It's Official! Salt Lake City "Tea Party" March 6th! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/kirkham-motorsports/95064-its-official-salt-lake-city-tea-party-march-6th.html)

David Kirkham 02-27-2009 03:42 PM

It's Official! Salt Lake City "Tea Party" March 6th!

Dear Fellow Car Enthusiasts--especially Utah ones!

There is a huge movement across the country to have a "Tea Party" (in honor of the Boston Tea Party) to protest the spending spree going on Washington. I couldn't take it any more and decided I had to do something so I am organizing a protest too.

I have never been to a protest in my life...but now, I can't stand still any longer. There are tax breaks and bailouts for everyone who has made bad decisions and small business throughout the country are left holding the bag.

I am organizing a "Tea Party" on the West Stairs of the Utah State Capitol to protest the out-of-control spending and the squandering of our country's future. The Salt Lake Tea Party will be on Friday, March 6, 2009 at the Utah State Capitol in Salt Lake City. Poster making begins at 11:00 AM and the rally will kick off at 12:00 noon when the legislators break for lunch. We want to tell them what we think as the legislators walk down the stairs to go to lunch.

This is the video that started it all. "The shout heard round the world!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZB4taSEoA

Here you can see the Tea Parties across the country.

http://www.pjtv.com/?cmd=view-events&type=1

I need everyone's help to get the word out. This should be right up Cobra owner's alley!

Thank you very much in advance!

David
:):):)

FrankJohnson69 02-27-2009 04:47 PM

I wish I could get another flight back out! Living in the PDRM it's a commie state anyway...

kayakjack 02-27-2009 05:27 PM

David,

Thank you for putting the effort into this. I am a too far away to attend.

At times I feel that I am the only person who didn't get a liar loan, run up a$50,000 credit card bill or cash out my mortgage to buy a car or vacation I couldn't afford. If you watch the news, that is what it feels like.

You are not alone. I hope there are enough of us to stop this runaway train. Every system this country has is in the process of being restructured in a way that makes us dependent on the government. Productive people are looked down upon. People who take, not produce are king.

The Boston Tea Party was a major catalyst of the American Revolution.

A Tea Party in Washington DC attended by huge amounts of people may be what it takes to stop the train. I never thought I would say this, but it may take a revolution, a revolt of the people to put this country on the right track.

Jack

Tom Kirkham 02-27-2009 05:42 PM

What really chaps my hide is when Washington politicians think they can blissfully spend the American taxpayers hard earned money, and that no one will care. I am dumbfounded that any elected official would say such a thing, let alone in front of a camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfICUoWKBw

HI Cobra 02-27-2009 10:37 PM

Wow - has that guy had his head up his a$$ for a while or what. We don't
care about the BS pork that WE have to pay for? Yeah right. I too live a
bit far across the pond to join you physically but I'll be there in spirit.
I'll be looking for something like that going on here. I just moved my business
and sunk a bunch of $ into a new warehouse so I don't see much free time in
the future,

COBRANIP 02-28-2009 01:30 AM

Thank you David for taking a stand. Like the sign reads:.....Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way!
I'll be there with you in spirit and looking here for something similar.
John

sdfletch 02-28-2009 02:36 AM

Please put a stop to this political nonsense on the site.

Stentor 02-28-2009 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdfletch (Post 925070)

Sdfletch, perhaps you should just skip the political threads on this site and try MSNBC or CNN.:rolleyes:

Good for you Messrs Kirkham.

diegokid 02-28-2009 05:26 AM

Nonsense!

Originally Posted by sdfletch

You saying that the comments here are nonsense? You are part of the problem in this country, too many people won't say anything.

One of the other things that chaps my ass is when someone says crap such as "There isn't anything I can do about it". Then you ask them if they have ever gotten off of their sorry behinds and called, sent an e-mail or letter to their congressman and they say no. Thats when you tell them that its not that they can't make a difference its that they are choosing not to therefore becoming part of the problem.

Mr. Kirkham thanks for posting the Tea Party links. It would be nice if we could have something like that on this site so folks wouldn't be offended by this so called nonsense.

trs900 02-28-2009 06:27 AM

Glad to see people starting to pay attention, I am not ashame of saying I voted for Mc Cain, I knew if Obama was elected it would be hard to stop any bill Congress wanted passed and now we are seeing the results. Mc Cain would have his veto stamp red hot by now with all this crazy ness, unfortunately we have a rubber stamp President to deal with.

computerworks 02-28-2009 06:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stentor (Post 925086)
Sdfletch, perhaps you should just skip the political threads on this site and try MSNBC or CNN.:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by diegokid (Post 925097)
You are part of the problem in this country...One of the other things that chaps my ass is when ...

Moderator Note...

OK, listen up. David asked permission to promote his event in the main section of the Forum. Since it is just for a week, we allowed it, with the caveat that if it gets into a full-blown political thread, we would kill it.

In just a few replies, people are cross-talking each other over disagreements.

We do not condone political or ideological discussion in the main forums; that's what we set up the Lounge for...non-Cobra/automotive related discussions. That is why we normally move any such thread into the Lounge.

If you feel compelled to discuss the pros and cons of this topic, do so in the Lounge, or the continuation of this thread will be in jeopardy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diegokid (Post 925097)
It would be nice if we could have something like that on this site so folks wouldn't be offended by this so called nonsense.

No, actually it would not be nice. We are running a Car site. You are free to find other sites that more suitably meet your needs.

Thanks
Ron
ClubCobra Moderator

Hexnut72 02-28-2009 08:45 AM

Dave, I wish I could make it. I had some crazy medical stuff happen this last week that took up any "good will" free time I could get off work next Friday. I really want to be there.

Have you called any local media contacts?

David Kirkham 02-28-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankJohnson69 (Post 924991)
I wish I could get another flight back out! Living in the PDRM it's a commie state anyway...

Frank,

Stand up where you are; take a stand; and tell your neighbors what you think! This is America!

David

David Kirkham 02-28-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayakjack (Post 925000)
David,

Thank you for putting the effort into this. I am a too far away to attend.

At times I feel that I am the only person who didn't get a liar loan, run up a$50,000 credit card bill or cash out my mortgage to buy a car or vacation I couldn't afford. If you watch the news, that is what it feels like.

You are not alone. I hope there are enough of us to stop this runaway train. Every system this country has is in the process of being restructured in a way that makes us dependent on the government. Productive people are looked down upon. People who take, not produce are king.

The Boston Tea Party was a major catalyst of the American Revolution.

A Tea Party in Washington DC attended by huge amounts of people may be what it takes to stop the train. I never thought I would say this, but it may take a revolution, a revolt of the people to put this country on the right track.

Jack

We do need a Tea Party in Washington. There is a revolution going on, have you seen all the Tea Parties that have spontaneously sprung up across the nation! Only by taking a stand can we change the direction of the country--and that is what I intend to do--take a stand. Even if I am the only one who shows up on Friday, I will speak to the wind so my voice is heard.

David

David Kirkham 02-28-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HI Cobra (Post 925053)
Wow - has that guy had his head up his a$$ for a while or what. We don't
care about the BS pork that WE have to pay for? Yeah right. I too live a
bit far across the pond to join you physically but I'll be there in spirit.
I'll be looking for something like that going on here. I just moved my business
and sunk a bunch of $ into a new warehouse so I don't see much free time in
the future,

Hi Cobra,

You need to have a Tea Party in Hawaii! I am not kidding!

David
:eek::eek::eek:

David Kirkham 02-28-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COBRANIP (Post 925067)
Thank you David for taking a stand. Like the sign reads:.....Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way!
I'll be there with you in spirit and looking here for something similar.
John

John, I look forward to your thoughts, thank you!. I would look even more forward to seeing a Florida Tea Party! Find one and go--or throw your own!

David

David Kirkham 02-28-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

sdfletch,

My apologies to you. You have a right to your opinion as well.

Just by way of explanation: I posted this thread in the Kirkham Motorsports area to keep what some people think as "political nonsense" to a minimum. Some people may think this has nothing to do with our little world of cool cars...but it does.

Did you know this site mentioned Kit Car Magazine went out of business a short while ago? Crane, as in Crane Camshafts went out of business last week--they were in business for 56 years. Roy Hunt of Finish Line Motorsports went out of business 2 weeks ago. A friend of mine went to collect past due amounts from an unnamed major aftermarket wheel manufacturer and when he showed up the water company was there shutting the water off. We ALL know someone who has lost their job.

This is not a partisan issue. I didn't like Bush's bailout boondoggle (where's THAT money?) any more than I am a fan of Obama's. The problem with attempting to wallpaper the earth with dollar bills is the printing press bearings will someday seize--maybe sooner than we think. Congress has long since past the red line on the printing press and yet they keep dialing up the "boost" in an attempt to print even faster--all the while promising bread and circuses, lining their re-election coffers, and bathing in the lard.

Surely, inflation can not be far behind. Sinking the dollar is not a good way to run the country--no matter what party is in charge. One day you must pay the piper--sadly, that day seems to have arrived. These issues directly affect this industry.

David

David Kirkham 02-28-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stentor (Post 925086)
Good for you Messrs Kirkham.

Thank you! We need all the help we can get! Now go out in your own state and do something! Say something! Be heard!

David

David Kirkham 02-28-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by computerworks (Post 925107)
Moderator Note...

OK, listen up. David asked permission to promote his event in the main section of the Forum. Since it is just for a week, we allowed it, with the caveat that if it gets into a full-blown political thread, we would kill it.

Thanks
Ron
ClubCobra Moderator

Thanks Ron (and Brent) for lending me a soapbox. Guys, please, no personal attacks against each other. It serves no point. We must persuade with sound arguments, not emotion. Remember, "a man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still." If we fail to persuade, we only have ourselves to blame.

Our energies should be directed towards attacking the pork in Washington from BOTH parties--remember Ted Stevens, porkmaster Republican from Alaska?--not each other. Trichinosis afflicts both parties. Remember, WE THE PEOPLE are the only possible cure.

David

David Kirkham 02-28-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexnut72 (Post 925152)
Dave, I wish I could make it. I had some crazy medical stuff happen this last week that took up any "good will" free time I could get off work next Friday. I really want to be there.

Have you called any local media contacts?

DUDE!

Want me to call you boss and ask for some more goodwill?
:3DSMILE:

Haven't called the local media yet...wanna help? Please give them a call!

David