10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 07-27-2010, 08:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster; 351W
Not Ranked     
Default How many NV Replica titles left?

Anyone recently register? Are they transferrable upon sale? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorsports 427SC, Southern Automotive 406 Big Block.
Not Ranked     

Call me. I'm in the process of buying a Enique Cobra that's registered in Georgia as a 65 Shelby Cobra. I'm woundering if I'm going to have any problems registering it here in Dayton, NV. Thanks. Scotty 775-246-8682
Old 07-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Mark III / Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

I registered my Cobra last summer with "replica waiver" number 96 of 100. Here are a few things to be aware of:
- The waiver provisions apply to registration only, not to title. My Cobra is titled as Make: Assembled Vehicle and Model: 65COBRA
- The last I was told was that the DMV was interpreting the replica emissions waiver law as allowing for 100 total waivers at any given time, not 100 for each year. This has been controversial to say the least.
- The waivers are applicable to the registration and therefore do transfer with change of ownership unlike the SB100 law in California.
- The replica waiver only has to do with emissions requirements which are not applicable outside of the urban areas of Clark and Washoe Counties (Reno and Las Vegas). So, if you can register your cobra outside of these areas, emissions and replica waivers are non-issues. All you should need is for a new Cobra are a MSO, VIN inspection, completed safety inspection form and your invoices establishing value. An out-of-state vehicle should only need your title/registration docs and a VIN inspection. Both assume that you're lucky enough to get a reasonably knowledgeable DMV staffer. If not, do not hesitate to ask for a supervisor.

Good luck!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster; 351W
Not Ranked     

Cody - thank you for the information. Very helpful.

Wanacobrasoon - Do some specfic searches in this forum as it has been discussed quite a bit. As Cody noted, if you are not required to smog in your area, you should be ok. To my knowledge there are only two legitimate ways to register the vehicle where smog is a concern: NV replica law or use a 1966 or earlier block and have the DMV verify it. Trying to register a replica vehicle as something its not (ie 65 Shelby Cobra) has gotten some folk arrested. This is one of the reason for bringing the CA SB100 and NV replica laws into existence. There are some who register their cars in AZ and then bring them over here. This could result in some large fines if you are caught and it might be short lived. I heard an advertisement the other day asking NV citizens to report these people so the state can collect money.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #113, 482 aluminum FE 601hp
Not Ranked     

Curt,
Ed B. registered his Superformance a few months ago as #100. There are some numbers that have not been renewed and can be used. Also I understand the DMV's opinion as 100 only is under review.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 302 EFI
Send a message via Yahoo to Doc_Naughty
Not Ranked     
Question Nv reg's

Ok, this is NOT verified yet but, I was told last week at Cars & Coffee that the number had been raised to 400. I got this from a guy that just recently registered his new BD here in Vegas and said that was what he was told at the DMV.

Research to follow . . .

UPDATE: number has been raised . . . Harold is the newest one over 100 with 110 . . . Whoo-Hoo!

Doc

And when stopped for a vehicle inspection and asked why the brake pedal seemed to go just a little to close to the floor, the response was:

"I didn't buy this car to stop . . . it doesn't have anything on it that doesn't make it go faster!"

Brock Yates

Last edited by Doc_Naughty; 09-21-2010 at 08:17 PM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: