24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 07-10-2012, 10:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VW Beach buggy
Not Ranked     
Default Huge request asap - Vegas crew

Hi everybody

I broke my heart today. I am visiting Vegas, from Denmark (Europe) and I am only here until tomorow. One of the things I was looking extremely forward to, was to rent a Cobra at Dream Retal on Vegas Blv. So my brother and I went there today. But there was a problem. They had changed their prices, and insurance cost, so I no longer could afford it.

So I ask here now. Is there anybody who wants to earn 50$ or something like that, so I can drive a Cobra for real. I dont care if it is in a parking lot or something like that. I also doesnt matter if it is just for 5-10 min. I do expect you to come along with me on the drive.

PS. I am 40 years old. Have not had a accident what so ever in 21 years - and I am a licensed truckdriver as well.

If this sounds like something you think is possible, than sent me a PM, and I will sent you my phonenumber. Than we can talk a bit more about the details.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 239
Not Ranked     

Allstate Mayhem Test Drive 2011 Commercial - YouTube

Im just sayin....
Old 07-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

This company has a location in California. They have multiple locations, but who knows whether they have multiple cars. Perhaps they just have 1 Cobra replica and move it between locations.

Shelby Vintage Rental Cars | Imagine Lifestyles Luxury Rentals

I got a $99 deal (through groupon) for a 1 hour rental out of their New Jersey location that I reserved for two weeks from now, so if they actually only have 1 car, it may be on the wrong side of the country for you to rent it.

As you can see a full day cost $599. The 1 hour rate is not listed on their site. I don't know if you can just call them up and ask for a 1 hour rental or whether that was just a special deal through groupon.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

What is the rate at Dream Rental including insurance?
Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
I got a $99 deal (through groupon) for a 1 hour rental out of their New Jersey location that I reserved for two weeks from now...
To give you a true and accurate taste of the Cobra experience, the car needs to break down when you're out in the middle of nowhere. They'd probably charge you extra for that though.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Could be real dangerous.
Somebody else's Cobra, trying to get your yayas out in 60 mins.....
Old 07-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
Could be real dangerous.
Hmmmm, how 'bout that "Collision Damage Waiver" thingy they're always trying to get you to sign....
Old 07-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
Could be real dangerous.
Part of the hour, there is supposed to be an explanation of the car. Someone from the company rides "shotgun" in the passenger seat.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi again everybody.

Thanks for the replies so far. My day totally got messed up. My brother broke his tooth so everything got totally messed up. I never got back out there to Dream Rental. I had to go back to Riverside, where we will be until this weekend or something like that.

As for the insurrance from Dream Rental. Their price was 5 hours for the car alone 250$ - including insurrance 489$ for 5 hours. And if you drove more than 100 miles, you would pay an extra 3$ pr mile or something like that. So it was simply not possible for me to try it.

As for LA Shelby Rental. I have sent them a mail just now, and will contact them tomorrow again. Hopefully I will be able to try it out.

PS. We went to see the Shelby American Museum. Wow, what a treat. It was simply awesome. To get the tour and everything. What an experience.

Michael
Old 07-12-2012, 07:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just got an reply from LA Shelby Cars rental. Their Cobra is in New York. So I am still looking if it is possible.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: