Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2007, 09:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Breakfast on Saturday

Breakfast at Screwballs at 8:30 sounds good to me. Anyone else interested?
Old 03-30-2007, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR - 427w
Not Ranked     

James, I'm available for breakfast. I just got to be gone by 9:45. Some of the guys are gathering at Sunset Station at 10:00 for a run to Laughlin. What do you think about something closer to that? There's a place called Country Way Cafe on Sunset. What do you think?
Old 03-30-2007, 06:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sure. What is the address or intersection to the restaurant. Sheldon, do you know where it is?
Old 03-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham#182/Shelby 496c.i.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Jordan
Sure. What is the address or intersection to the restaurant. Sheldon, do you know where it is?
I won't have time to make it there. I have to be at the Speedway by 10.
Country Way Cafe
2021 West Sunset Road
(at Valle Verde Drive)
Henderson, Nevada
Old 03-30-2007, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm not sure where we will meet now. I don't know if doug will check the website. I will stop by screwballs at 8:30. If no one is there I will go to the silverton for breakfast and then to the airport.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok I'm checking! I can meet at either place. If Screwballs is better for sheldon I can do that. I just need to be able to get back home to garage the Cobra and then get to the golf course no later than 10:30.

I'm doing a break job on my daughter's boyfriend's truck. I'll check back here before I go to bed.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Screwballs it is.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK. @ 8:30am
Old 03-31-2007, 08:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 302 EFI
Send a message via Yahoo to Doc_Naughty
Not Ranked     
Default Laughlin Run

Sorry I missed the Breakfast at Screwballs, guys . . . went to the school to see if my hood was finished so I could get it installed before the Laughlin run . . . NOT! Guess I'll be waiting another two weeks for it cuz the school will be closed for Spring Braek next week. Sure hope it's done for Knotts or I'm gunna be pissed.

The Laughlin run was a blast. We got together (Larry, Erwin and Me) at about 10:00 and waited for any stragglers till 10:30. Hit the freeway and headed for laughlin (me without a hood . . . bad, very, very bad).

Cruised thru Searchlight and waved at the Dummy in the cop car on the south side of town. Who are they tryin' ta fool . . .

Laughlin was HOT, about 88* - 90*. we grabbed a bite to eat at the local In-N-Out and then went to the other side of the river so I could get a new oil filter . . . seems that on the way down there I sprung some sort of leak and it turned out to be a good thing that I was without a hood. It was sprinkling on the windshield. Found a Checker store in Bullhead City and bought a filter, a Qt of oil and fixed the prob in the lot. Try that someday with a HOT!!! filter, layin' on HOT!!! asphalt in a parking lot in Laughlin when it's 90*. Did I mention it was HOT!!!

anyway, it was a great trip and gave the Cobra a good shakedown run getting ready for Knotts.

See Ya soo for breakfast,

Pete

And when stopped for a vehicle inspection and asked why the brake pedal seemed to go just a little to close to the floor, the response was:

"I didn't buy this car to stop . . . it doesn't have anything on it that doesn't make it go faster!"

Brock Yates