Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 09:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast
Not Ranked     
Default West coast for sale?

I know this isn't really the right forum to sell a cobra, but due to a lack of work in the construction industry, I may be selling my West Coast Cobra. I am just putting some feelers out to see if there is anyone semi-local that may be interested. I live in St George Utah. (1 1/2 hour north of Vegas)

It was built by G-Tech Engineering in 2005. He still has some pictures of the build on his website www.gtechcars.com under featured cars. (do not pay attention to his home page that says sold, that is from when I purchased. it is still for sale.) I have literally hundreds of pictures of the build. I tried uploading some of them but they exceed the limits.

Below is the description of the vehicle from when I bought it. If anyone knows someone that may be interested let me know. Thanks

Vehicle Description: 427 Custom Cobra Recreation
Engine and transmission: 460 Ford Big Block crate engine, 550hp, Super Cobra Jet aluminum heads, painted block (red), Street Demon 850 Carb, special made Cobra 460 valve covers, Cobra air cleaner, Taylor wires, MSD 6 AL Box, Electronic Distributor, Pro Torque Starter, polished stainless headers, Fuel pressure regulator & gauge, chrome coolant expansion tank, Earls stainless lines, special Show Chrome around engine compartment, fully detailed engine.
Transmission: Richmond 5 speed, Long shifter, Lakewood bell housing, Center force Dual Friction Clutch, special design external hydraulic clutch system.
Body: Stallion style, 6" Longer 4" wider than original, PPG basecoat, clear coat, unique awesome 5 step paint, base is Intense Blue, Silver stripes, base clear with prismatique (glitter), pearl cover, high build clear coat 3 coats, Blue is much darker than picture shows. Must see this sparkling paint job. Picture does not do this paint job justice. Finished underside of hood with stripes as well.
Frame: Tubular space frame designed with safety in mind, painted yellow steel brake & fuel lines, electric fuel pump, Fram pre filter, 20 gallon aluminum fuel tank, 7 core radiator.
Suspension: Rear: Ford 9" Posi unit 2-73 gear triangular 4 bar coil spring, disc brakes, emergency brake and sway bar. Front: Tubular upper & lower control arms HD brake caliper, 11" rotors, power assist rack & pinion steering, power 4 wheel disc brakes.
Wheels: American Racing Torq Thrust II 15x7 Front 15x8 Rear, BF Goodrich Radial TA Tires, 225/60R-15 Front 295/50R-15 Rear
Interior: Black leather like luxurious sport style interior, tilt steering, Grant steering wheel, wrapped dash & console, fully carpeted gauge panel with 10 VDO gauges, fuel shut off, battery disconnect, Blue RCI Cam lock racing seat belts, large capacity trunk fully carpeted with trunk light, Optima 800 amp battery mounted in trunk.

Last edited by jmacanderson; 09-08-2009 at 09:06 AM..
Old 07-09-2009, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, I have held on to her as long as I think I can. It looks like I need to actually sell her. If anyone knows of someone looking I would appreciate you passing the word. I am asking $44k, but between cobra guys I need to get $40k. Owning this car has been an amazing experience, hopefully in the future I will refer to it as my first cobra.

I have hundreds of pictures of every part of the car. Every piece was even photographed before it was installed. If there are any questions on the quality of the build visit www.gtechcars.com and watch the video he calls the burnout video. He had built this car planning to keep it as his own personal car, so you will get an idea of the care he took building it.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I haven't tried too hard to sell her yet, but what I have tried has not found interested people. Am i asking too much? I will not take any answer to this question offensively. Right now I would take $35,000.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR , 5.0 Kenne Belle SuperCharged
Not Ranked     

Your website says the car is sold, if we are talking about the blue machine
http://www.gtechcars.com/featuredcars.html
Old 09-08-2009, 09:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Not sold

Thanks for letting me know that G-tech shows it as sold. I bought it from g-tech in spring of 07. It says sold on his home page from when I bought it, I did ask him to put it on his for sale page where it does show it as available. To clear up any confusion it is still for sale. I will see if I can get him to change his home page so there is not any confusion. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 Ford Racing Crate w/ TREMEC TKO 600
Not Ranked     

I would try posting a nice add on COBRA COUNTRY , lots of folks use this with success to sell there COBRAS as it has a little International exposure also. You should have no problems selling it if its well sorted out. IMHO
Old 09-09-2009, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the heads up about Cobra Country. There are a couple people interested right now, but if nothing comes of them I will definately put it up there. I noticed there are two West Coasts on there right now for much more than I am asking, so maybe I should have tried that first.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I realized there are two things about the car I have not mentioned. After I bought it I put an alarm on it that has an impact and vicinity detector. (it will beep if someone walks to close) Everytime there is an alarm, or warning beep, it pages the keychain sensor which lets you know it is going off. This has been great to make sure no one messes with it when you are out of eyesight. This alarm cost aprox. $1,000.

Also I installed two 6” speakers with a 250 watt amp running them so if you would rather listen to music than the sweet engine music it sounds great. This was approx. $1200.