• 1 Post By Dwight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2018, 02:45 PM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     
Default Another enjoyable London Cobra Show

Although the weather tried to discourage us, most of us proved how dauntless we can be as we made our way through some weather on Thursday and part of Friday. Saturday was beautiful, though and the show went nicely. The weather for the drive home on Sunday was just gorgeous.

The speakers at the banquet were quite interesting and it was a great moment when the Ohio Cobra Club presented the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation with a check for $104,000. Over the years, the London Cobra Show has generated over $1.3 million for CF.

A lucky raffle winner got a stunning brand new Backdraft and next year's incredible raffle car was unveiled.

It was great to see a lot of old friends and to make new ones. If you haven't been to a London Cobra Show, it definitely belongs on your list of things to do.

Thanks to the Ohio Cobra Club and others who put in many long hours of work to make this show a huge success.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile

Yes a must do bucket list thing

And the burn out rides down Main St London. This year they gave 409 rides at $10 each. I talked to one woman would rode four times.

A huge thanks to all the people who work so hard all year long to make this event happen to perfection.

Great speakers this year.

Only thing wrong was I did not win the raffle car, again!

But there is next year.

To quote a famous guy "I'll be bach"
kitcarbp likes this.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It sounds as if the weather wasn't quite as bad as many had feared it would be. And it sure sounds as if you had a great time. I wish I could attend the event but that isn't likely to happen.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 06-28-2018, 07:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison #1320, 514 BBF, Richmond, 3.73 , IRS
Send a message via AIM to Trubble Send a message via MSN to Trubble Send a message via Yahoo to Trubble
Not Ranked     

Thursday's downpour made us really fearful for the weekend show. Aside from a few sprinkles, Saturday was fantastic!

Great speakers, and big contribution to CF. Proud to be a member of Ohio Cobra Club.

Hope to meet more new friends next year.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:31 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
Although the weather tried to discourage us, most of us proved how dauntless we can be as we made our way through some weather on Thursday and part of Friday. Saturday was beautiful, though and the show went nicely. The weather for the drive home on Sunday was just gorgeous.

The speakers at the banquet were quite interesting and it was a great moment when the Ohio Cobra Club presented the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation with a check for $104,000. Over the years, the London Cobra Show has generated over $1.3 million for CF.

A lucky raffle winner got a stunning brand new Backdraft and next year's incredible raffle car was unveiled.

It was great to see a lot of old friends and to make new ones. If you haven't been to a London Cobra Show, it definitely belongs on your list of things to do.

Thanks to the Ohio Cobra Club and others who put in many long hours of work to make this show a huge success.
So what is next year’s raffle car?
Old 06-28-2018, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Building Mk4 Sold - Factory Five Mk. 3.1
Not Ranked     

From the description given at the show, it's a Factory Five Mark 4. It's being built by a group called FormaCars in Columbus. Coyote motor with traction control, heat, air conditioning, and even heated seats. I got a good look at the car and there is technology in there like no other replica you've seen. The team that built the car is over the top with quality and technology. It's Silver, with Black stripes and a nice subtle red strip right down the middle. A great car for a buckeye fan like myself. It's going to sell a ton of tickets and I'd imagine next years check might be the biggest yet.

Scott
Old 06-28-2018, 11:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '65 Shelby Cobra, '66 Shelby GT350's
Not Ranked     

Pictures of the event would be greatly appreciated, I could see myself attending a future event.
1985 CCX likes this.

6S1806, 1966 Shelby GT350 B/P Race car.
6S246, Shelby GT350 "carryover"
6S1745 Shelby GT350
Old 06-28-2018, 11:30 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Some pictures and story here: https://www.rcnmag.com/news/london-c...ampaign=180627
Ahshoe likes this.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 06-28-2021, 05:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison
Not Ranked     

I took a bunch of pictures but I had my new iPhone on some setting that made videos out of every picture I took and those won't upload as pictures.
Old 06-28-2021, 05:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison
Not Ranked     

Here's a link to the run into London, OH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkIR...nnel=RV12Pilot

Here's another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1W5...nnel=dalepratt

These aren't mine.
Dwight, kitcarbp, 1985 CCX and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Timinator; 06-28-2021 at 05:23 AM..
Old 06-28-2021, 08:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile 2021 London Cobra Show

Huge success

Everything was perfect!

Thanks to the Ohio Cobra Club members and the volunteers.

Thanks to the city of London, their Police dept. fire fighters, Sheriff's department and all the others that made this a special event.

this is the 17th or 18 LCS that I have attended out of the 20. This year was one of the best. Maybe my first time was better, maybe?

check out You Tube London Cobra Show 2021 or Ohio Cobra Club for pictures and videos. Oh yea Facebook has them also.

hope to see y'all next year
kitcarbp likes this.
Old 06-28-2021, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

This was the first LCS that I have attended, my wife and I drove up from Memphis, TN.

yes, nine hour drive there and home again to look at dozens of cars that are 'the same' . My wife is a trooper and a jewel. She is 'sort of' a car-girl (she loves a 69 Camaro). Not sure she gets the whole Cobra mystique but she does enjoy seeing how many miles some of these cars have on them.

Very cool seeing that many Cobras all in the same place!

I think the raffle car was a Hurricane, I hope the winner of the car enjoys it as much as I would!

If Forma is donating the car next year, wow! If the raffle car is their 'Signature' Cobra it will be something. Very modern interior, drive modes, push button start, etc. Their 'Classic' is the traditional Cobra.

I took two rides myself, first time in a Cobra. It was a thrill! I can only imagine what it is like to have that thrill every. damn. day. What a rush!

Old 06-28-2021, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

For next year, how about putting out the info for the raffle ticket to the rest of us that can't attend the show? You could probably sell thousands more.
Old 06-28-2021, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ford 302
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gallegos View Post
For next year, how about putting out the info for the raffle ticket to the rest of us that can't attend the show? You could probably sell thousands more.
I bought mine online....
Old 06-29-2021, 06:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

they do sell thousands of tickets online and at car shows all year long.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:35 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gallegos View Post
I buy tickets every year. I just google London Cobra Show.

Here is a link to the raffle ticket page: https://www.londoncobrashow.com/tickets