Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2006, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1981/ 418Stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
JP Dads house is so close we could probably do the watermelon crawl all the way there! Suprising how soothing a cold concrete floor can be at times.
Ok as long as we don't have to cross the dang road to get there!

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Old 06-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Same side of the road to...

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This is the place we are talking about:

http://www.lexington-oh.com/bucks/index.html

http://www.lexington-oh.com/infield/index.html

Every one see the go cart race track??? After all the driving training... I think a little wheel to wheel competition is on the schedule!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-08-2006, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good Catch Rick
I just called the Infield and inquired , and they will be open for business, karts/puttputt etc. So any bench racing can continue in the real world, if anyone desires More racing activities................me I think I will be worn out and just have a big sand hole that needs filling?

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Come on Kumpster... I forget what kind of carts they have but if they are good racing carts I will clean up the track with you I am pretty darn fast on a short course in a cart... rarely beaten! I spanked the instructors at my very first school. Already out of my car and had a smoke lit by the time they passed the finish line!

Lets draw a line from your hole in the sand to mine and have some fun!!

Man are we going to have a good time or what!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-08-2006, 08:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Challenge accepted only if they have a Big Block cart and you in a small block cart.........otherwise you have to take Frink on your shoulders to make up the weight difference.......................................I wonder if there are any bridges on the course?

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

By the way there are as of yesterday 42 signed up for the driving school, For any of you out there sitting on the fence, there's still time to sign up....this may be the best money spent on mods...............tightening the nut behind the wheel so to speak.

Professional instruction on dynamics, car handling, and an opportunity for lots of time on a world premier race track. Geared for the novice to the experienced tracker.

What a way to kick off the LCS !

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzila
Challenge accepted only if they have a Big Block cart and you in a small block cart.........otherwise you have to take Frink on your shoulders to make up the weight difference.......................................I wonder if there are any bridges on the course?
I don't know what I am looking forward to the most any more!

Mid-Ohio, hanging out at Bucks, cruising Hocking Hills, the night time parking lot activities, London, Autocrossing, Saturday night party, QS&L...... ARRRRRRRRG, my head is going to explode!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-08-2006, 09:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I don't know what I am looking forward to the most any more!
EGODS man, I'm glad you didn't include looking forward to Frink riding around on your shoulders

"Don't Turn around now, but......................"

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzila
EGODS man, I'm glad you didn't include looking forward to Frink riding around on your shoulders

"Don't Turn around now, but......................"
Sing along with me now... "Frink ain't heavy, he's my brother......"

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-08-2006, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     
Default Hotel Room Available...

..hey guys...one of our party - aka "The Memphis Mafia" - will not be able to make it to the Mid-Ohio event....although he will be joining us for the LCS on Thursday in Columbus. Bottom line is we have a hotel room available if anyone is having problems booking in to the Comfort Inn & Suites. The room is for Monday, 6/19, thru Wednesday, 6/21, departing Thursday AM, 6/22. Before I let it go....does anyone need a room....? If so let me know BEFORE end of the day tomorrow, Friday, 6/9, and I'll make arrangements to have the room assigned to who wants it.

If I don't hear from anyone by tomorrow afternoon...it's gone. Call me at 901.485.0098 cell, or 901.360.4028 office, or 901-748.0531 home, and I'll make arrangements to conference in the hotel and us so the room can be placed in whoever's name. Email'll work, too...fvrice@fedex.com, or frice1@midsouth.rr.com...either one.
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Freddie, does 'Rita come with the room..?
Old 06-08-2006, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #20 302 T5
Not Ranked     

Helmets...
Any recommendations on style of helmet/visor combos.
Full face vs 3/4
Glasses vs Goggles vs Flip Shield?
I see that they will have helmets available but I would like to bring my own if I can.
Thanks
Old 06-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hop in the car and drive down to Jegs. Try the full face G-Force SA 2005. Good value in a helmet. If you are going to be spending much time on the track, things like a neck roll, gloves and shoes and arm restraints would be next on my list.

I am not so sure Mid-Ohio will have helmets available. Steve, can you confirm?

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-08-2006, 11:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

John, I went with a Bell SR-Pro

I wanted an open face helmet for the comfort and fresh air...but being in an open car, I wanted more face protection ...so this is a little of both. There's nothing like sitting on a black-top grid with full sun on a 95 degree day in a full face helmet!!! HOT! HOT! HOT! The Visor on these helmets is very nice as it provides shade for your face. Do a search online....there are millions of mail order racer supply shops.

I'm very happy with my choice.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     

Rob Frink wrote...

Quote:
Freddie, does 'Rita come with the room..?
Hell yeah...we can arrange that, too... But, do not try this at home...we are trained professionals...
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good points Rick & Rob

Everyone will need to bring their helmets Must be at least Snell rated 2000, can be an M (motorcycle) or better SA rated (fire resistant). DOT only helmets not acceptable, Mid Ohio does not have helmets, so you must bring your own.

Seeya all there

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Old 06-08-2006, 12:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #20 302 T5
Not Ranked     

Thanks all,
I just might have found a use for my birthday money.
John