Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2006, 11:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, Shelby aluminum 496 ci FE
Not Ranked     
Default Thank you, OCC!

I just returned from my first London cobra show. My hat is off to the ohio cobra club for putting on an incredible event. I know these people put in countless hours, days, weeks, and months not only preparing for the show but also building a beautiful cobra replica that was given away, all to raise money for CF. I met many of the club cobra members that I've heard of and read posts from for the past several years and I have to say that every one was as nice to a newcomer as they could be. I feel that I've made friends that will last for a lifetime. I'm already looking forward to next years event. Thank you OCC, I had a wonderful time.
ERA #115 - sold
ERA #002 - sold
67 Fairlane
'68 mustang
'95 SVT Cobra
Old 06-25-2006, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Same goes here. My dad and I had a blast. The guys did a great job of planning and executing this year.

My thanks also goes out to Shell Valley. I have a Shell Valley car (not completed) and I have never ridden in another SVC.....Dana took time to take me for a nice ride. He had plenty of customers he could have been talking to as well. I find it nice that he took time to talk to past customers as well as making new ones. Top notch guys.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1981/ 418Stroker
Not Ranked     

Well, back home now, want to Thank all who supported the LCS and the CFF, Thank you for coming, thank you for buying raffle tickets, thank you for donations to the police bike( I think the Chief had tears in his eyes when he got the keys to the Bike)

It was a blast, we'll get some pics up and the Official numbers as soon as everyone catches our breath. I did talk to Kate at CFF and over two hundred burn out rides were given on Saturday.

I think somewhere in the range of 207 Cobras, a few Coupes, GT40's

The Mid Ohio driving event was a blast too 42 cars showed, and even though we only got in one session before the rain on Wed, everyone was very happy

The raffle car was beautiful and many tickets got sold on Saturday in London, and a local young London man was the big winner

For those of you who were unable to come this year, start making plans to attend next year

We'll have a great DVD available soon highlighting all of the action

Stay tuned for the reviews

Tired now, must go get some rest,,,,,,,,It's hard work playing so hard

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Old 06-25-2006, 03:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Late 70s Allied Industries?? 454 BBC; alum copo heads and intake THM 400 12 bolt posi ++ 06 CL 55 AMG
Not Ranked     

Doug -- sorry we didn't get to talk at the show. Dittos to your comments.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Undecided, 289
Not Ranked     

Just like the last five years, I had a great time, and am already looking forward to next year!
Old 06-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

This was my first London Cobra Show. All I can say is WOW, what a great time!!!

The weather was a little off on Friday, but that allowed a lot of time to meet a lot of great people, shoot the breeze, and perhaps enjoy a little taste of some refreshing liquid (thanks Jay and Mike - those tequilas were awesome ).

My thanks to the folks in the Ohio Cobra Club for making this event possible.

See you all next year!

Cheers!
Dave
Old 06-25-2006, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WV66AC,
I too, felt bad that we didn't get to talk. Saw you briefly at london and again at the dinner but I guess there was just too much going on! I have to apologize but I can't remember your first name. I know we met at the car show a few weeks ago and I've been racking my brain but it just won't come to me. Hopefully I'll see you again at a show soon (we're having one in athens at walmart on the 3rd, there'll be fireworks too) or at the dragstrip, but if all else fails there's the LCS again next year.
ERA #115 - sold
ERA #002 - sold
67 Fairlane
'68 mustang
'95 SVT Cobra
Old 06-26-2006, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Late 70s Allied Industries?? 454 BBC; alum copo heads and intake THM 400 12 bolt posi ++ 06 CL 55 AMG
Not Ranked     

Doug -- my first name is Larry - thank you. Give me a call (post) if you try to get to KVR. I don't think I will take my old car to the drag strip but I will join for support if you go. I was tickled that I finally have everything tightened up and got from Columbus to London OK. I think the spectators liked seeing the old car -- different interior, etc. Lots of comments. We had a nice spot under a tree near the Courthouse. Which exit off Route 33 is the Walmart??
Old 06-26-2006, 07:57 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Thank you folks! If it wasn't for you, there would be no LCS. Remember, we are always looking for new blood to jump in and help run the show. You don't need to live in central Ohio in this day and age.

June 22-24 2007... see you there!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-26-2006, 09:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 1829 /DSS Pro Bullet 306 with 1993 Cobra "R" induction, TF Heads, E303, 24lb inj.
Send a message via Yahoo to Naja65
Not Ranked     

To all those who made it possible. . . OCC, City of London, Ohio Historical Musuem, Q, S, & L, and to those who I missed as well. . .
THANK YOU!!!

With my Cobra loving son in tow, I didn't get to do the "donation for a ride" event, or the autocross - but we had a blast watching all you other guys (and a gal or 2!) having fun!!!

BTW,
Coming home, we drove through a torrential down pour on I-465 at Indy. Just on I-465, what's up with that?? Then we pulled into a rest area just west of Effingham, IL and pitched the "NAJA tent" when the sky got dark. We sat there for 3 hours until 3 consecutive t-showers made there way slowly south.
But, Saturday was PERFECT.

Hope to see you all again next year.

Keith and Matt (NAJA, Jr.)
Old 06-26-2006, 11:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra SC, 514CID
Not Ranked     

More thanks here too!!!

WOW!! What a great week... Think I'm Cobra Spent....

The Mid-O track event was an experience was great! Instructors were the best and of course so were the Cobra owners...

Moving South to Columbus, more great fun

Every year the Ohio Cobra happenings just keep getting better... I hate to list names for fear of leaving someone very important out, but I do think I should make a stab at it

Big thanks to Steve Kump, not only for his hard work on the weeks events, his friendship and his hospitality.... Think the kumpster may have one of the best toy boxes I have seen...

Thanks to Rod and Paula Allen... WOW I have never seen anyone work harder at events. While everyone was out playing and socializing. Rod and Paula were slaving away getting everyone registered.... Think they deserve some sort of Iron Man award... :-)

Special thanks to Jeff Hamilton who repaired/welded my gas pedal linkage Tuesday night after it snapped off at 100mph on the Mid-O track... I saw Jeff everywhere helping out with broken cars this last week... If you ever need an ace mechanic in the mid-O area... You should give Jeff a call...

Thanks to Frank Forestiere, Rob Frink and Rick Dorman These guy seem to be everywhere helping with everything...

Thanks to the Gashole team, JP, Jay Nordstrom, Freddy Rice and Ron Frohs,,, What a bunch of characters.... Entertainment unlimited....

Big thanks also to good friends who joined in the Ohio fun, Bill Wells, Ron and Jody Roberts, Wes Rozan, Ray and Donna Tokarczyk, Dan and Tammy Mroz and of course their niece Loran who helped to keep me entertained from the Co-Pilot seat. Eric Lizak and Pat Smith who I learned will follow anyone anywhere even when lost.... You know that HUGE sign on I-70 that says London? Who could miss that right??? Better yet, who would follow someone that missed it LOL....

I know I have left a lot of important names off this list, so THANKS to ALL!!!! IT was an EXTREME COBRA HAPPENING!!!!

OH!!! Almost forgot... THANKS to OCC for honorary membership into their club... I will wear your logo proudly on my windshield!!!!

Craig
Old 06-26-2006, 11:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC Cobra, 351W 400hp / 400 lbs torque
Not Ranked     

Great time, Great People, and Great Cars. IT doesn't get much better then this.

Had a great time, I have been every year with the exception of the very first, and every year has been better and better. I always leave with the anticipation of next year, and spend the whole year waiting.

Although I would have loved to win the give away car I am glad to see that a local resident was the winner. It is just another way of giving back to the local communitte that gives and allows so much. Its nice to see a local guy win.

Again great job, can't till next year!!

Thanks for the rides Mike, me and my daughter loved.

Jim
Old 06-26-2006, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WV66AC, you have a PM.
Well, I'm back at work, but my head is still at the LCS. I already miss the thunder of cobra engines at all hours of the day and night. I might have to go to the garage when I get home from work in the morning and fire mine up just to hear the sounds and smell the exhaust again.
June 22nd through 24th 2007....I might go ahead and make my reservations soon and try to get the same room I had this year, what a great time!
ERA #115 - sold
ERA #002 - sold
67 Fairlane
'68 mustang
'95 SVT Cobra
Old 06-26-2006, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Classic Roadster 418W
Not Ranked     

We just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone involved with the 2006 LCS! We had a great time and agree with everone's comments. We're looking forward to next year.

Gary and Debbie Egert
Old 06-27-2006, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Manufacturing,351 SVO stroker from Bennett Racing
Not Ranked     

Rick:

Thank you seems to be not enough for the amount of time and effort that goes into a project like this and this year was even bigger when you count the MId-Ohio time as well. A huge thank you to the OCC from the KCC a great time was had by all. I think now is a good time to break out one of KY's finest.

I always tell people that it's not about the cars (mainly) it's about the people that own them. Best group of people there is... we made believer's out of the instructors at Mid-Ohio to prove it again!

J.A.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:43 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

From all of us, thank YOU! Seeing all of you year after year is a large part of makes it worthwhile for me. As you can imagine, I am BEAT. Many naps planned for this weekend

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-27-2006, 07:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THIS LONDON COBRA SHOW POSSIBLE!!!

This is my fifth year to attend and this was the best. Our 535 mile trip from Alabama to Columbus was a ride in the park, no interstate work, no accidents, no break downs. We drove most of the trip at night. Even the rain Friday did not slow us down. Fun, Fun,Fun

When we got home Monday about noon, everyone in our group commented on how nice the trip was and how much fun we had. Great JOB OCC

Keep posting the pics

Dwight and the Alabama Gang

I did 101 mph on the Main Street of London. I think the Chief owns me a speed ticket
Sure was looking forward to getting my small block Cobra Dynoed.
Maybe next year

Last edited by Dwight; 06-27-2006 at 07:48 AM..
Old 06-27-2006, 02:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 1829 /DSS Pro Bullet 306 with 1993 Cobra "R" induction, TF Heads, E303, 24lb inj.
Send a message via Yahoo to Naja65
Not Ranked     

Does anyone remember the speed limit on that quiet residential street?
If so, then what would be the fine / penalty for that moving violation??

Just curious. . .
Old 06-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

I also want to add my sincere thanks to everyone who played a part in making LCS '06 such a fun time. Thursday and Friday was a little dreary, rain-wise, but Saturday and Sunday more than made up for that. The townspeople of London were again perfect hosts. The Methodist church hosted a great lunch. The autocross was a lot of fun. I hope that a gazillion dollars was raised for CF. Too bad I didn't get to add that Shell Valley to my fleet, but it was exciting to try. Thanks to all those who donated parts and labor to that project. I was extra proud of our little group of folks when the 'cycle was presented to the police department. Will I do it again next year? Absolutely. This thing gets better every year. It was good to see familiar faces again. Hello again, Mike and Frank! See you all next year!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports 427 Roadster
Not Ranked     

d_ford,
I enjoyed meeting you in person at the London show. It is always great to put a face to a name. Your car is super nice. The solid black just looks incredible. Hope to see you there next year.