14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2006, 11:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 1829 /DSS Pro Bullet 306 with 1993 Cobra "R" induction, TF Heads, E303, 24lb inj.
Send a message via Yahoo to Naja65
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Thanks to The London, OH Officials

I know the LPD got the Police MC, but lets not forget to give a personal touch to some London officials who make this LCS work for the good of all year after year.
If we could all drop a line to these folks and let them know how fantastic their hospitality, support, and unique acceptance of our "collective snaky ego" is in making the event a success, I am sure it would mean a lot to them.

admin@ci.london.oh.us (Attention to the MAYOR)

policechief@ci.london.oh.us

firechief@ci.london.oh.us

Hope you can find time to say thanks.

Keith
Old 06-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

What a really nice idea Keith!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-27-2006, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 1829 /DSS Pro Bullet 306 with 1993 Cobra "R" induction, TF Heads, E303, 24lb inj.
Send a message via Yahoo to Naja65
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Got this note from the fire chief:

"It is our pleasure to be able to host such a great group of people. I know
that we enjoy the event almost as much as you do. If there is anything
that you need in the future, let me know.

Sincerely,

Chief Todd D. Eades
City of London
Div. of Fire
103 E. High St.
London, Ohio 43140
740-852-4297"

Note the phrase "almost as much as you do"???
We need to get Chief Eades a ride next year!!
Old 06-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     

You got that right!

I read him saying that he is looking for a donor car on another forum. I think that he has been "bitten" already!!!

A ride for him is definitely in order.

Cheers!
Dave
Old 06-28-2006, 06:19 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

I got the same note! He must have a full in-box! Yep, the chief wants a Cobra!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 07-07-2006, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     

I just sent to following email to Mayor Eades, Stephen Humes, Safety Director, and Peter Tobin, Police Chief, and Todd Eades, Fire Chief...I'll post their response, too, if I get one.

BTW....City of London's website is... http://ci.london.oh.us/ where you may find phone numbers to all city administrators...including the Mayor, Safety Director, as well as both Police and Fire Chiefs.

I might suggest all of us either send and email, or call and thank them for their hospitality and assistance.

Here's what I just sent....

------
ATTENTION: Mayor David Eades

I wanted to take the time to thank you all for your hospitality during the recent London Cobra Show. I have read nothing but good comments up and down the internet from event attendees relating to the cordial welcome extended by the City of London, City Administrators, and both Police and Fire Departments. I trust all of us lived up to our end of the bargain and left your city with a good impression of Cobra replica owners, and hot rodders in general.

We certainly couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful city, nor a more beautiful venue to hold our annual event. Simply OUTSTANDING! Please communicate my sincere thanks to everyone involved in working with the Ohio Cobra Club during the organization and operation of the event. The effort put forth was apparent and did not go unrecognized by each and every attendee.

I presently live and work in the Memphis, Tennessee, area, where we are known far and wide for our “Southern Hospitality”. Let me tell you…we’ve got NOTHIN’ on you folks! I could not have been made to feel more welcomed than I was on Saturday, June 24, and I cannot begin to thank you enough.

Mayor Eades, thank you for allowing your city to host the London Cobra Show. I know without your endorsement, the event would not have gone on.

Mr. Hume, thank you for allowing your Police and Fire Departments to help run the event. Again, without your endorsement and cooperation, I know the event could not have gone on.

Chief Eades, thank you and your firemen for their assistance during the event.

Finally, Chief Tobin, a HUGE thank you for your department, your men, and their fine efforts to keep things running safely and efficiently. Believe me when I say the motorcycle presentation was indeed one of the highlights of the day. It was very apparent your comments following the presentation were from the heart, and your invitation to return will be remembered for years to come. What other city would permit burn outs on Main Street…? Unbelievable…THANK YOU. I still wish I could have been a fly-on-the-wall when they first told you about the event…! I would have loved to see the look on your face.

This was my fifth London Cobra Show, and by far, this was the best to date. The hospitality and attitude exhibited by City Administrators, Police and Fire Departments, along with the merchants and vendors involved with the event were excellent. I know I’ve already made plans to come back next year and I’m already looking forward to it!

Again, please convey my sincerest thanks to all involved.

Most sincerely,

Frederick V. Rice
8842 Darby Dan Lane
Germantown, TN 38138

“Flyin_Freddie” on http://www.ClubCobra.com
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.