Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2007, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1981/ 418Stroker
Not Ranked     
Default London Cobra Show -Plans Heating up

WOW, things are really heating up with the planning committee, food caterers are picked, agenda is getting detailed, registration is at record levels for this early, The City of London is on board.....Lots of good things in the works to make this the best LCS ever!

Great efforts being made to work out the "bugs" from prior years

The Raffle Car is awsome and ticket sales are off to a brisk Start!

More Hotels will soon be listed for those who still may need rooms?

The Mid Ohio Driving School is filling up as we speak. Had to reorder DVD's and they're in.

There are some neat new things we hope you will enjoy and refinement of events that you continue to enjoy year to year

Even though its 3 1/2 months away Please Make sure to register soon, because an early accurate count helps us immensly in preparing for your arrival and complete enjoyment, food needs, parking, tent size etc.

Let's make this the biggest baddest Cobra meeting ever!

http://www.londoncobrashow.com/

Click to Win a Cobra!!

Last edited by Godzila; 03-09-2007 at 01:19 PM..
Old 03-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Info!!

If by chance you read this and do not know where to go, or it is not clear.

www.londoncobrashow.com

If it doesn't come up, blame Rick...it's always his fault.

Last edited by trularin; 03-10-2007 at 06:35 AM..
Old 03-09-2007, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks David it was my oversight, my fault, but thanks for blaming Rick

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Old 03-09-2007, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

I didn't see a suggestions thread, so here goes.

As a person trying to learn to decide on what I want, last year I was dissapointed that it was near impossible to figure out what cars were from what manufacturer. It would also have been nice to know what drive train was in the cars that were doing a burn out.

If you had a pamplet or small book that had the list of cars that were going to run in the burn out (or for that matter all the cars), I would gladly had purchased one. It should include license plate (or put a number on the wind shield) so I could identify the car. The manufacture. The drive train details (dyno too). At least as much as the owner will provide. Tires and wheels would be nice too. My guess is that many of the people there would be interested as well.

If I had had this information and was particulary interested in riding in both a SB and a BB car or a certain HP level, I would be willing to pay extra ($15) to select that car to ride in. I do not know how many other people would like to do that. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to manage, but I suspect this may bring in some extra money.

Last edited by olddog; 03-09-2007 at 06:55 PM..
Old 03-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile Place cards

What if everyone had a card with name, state, city, club, motor, trannie, HP, manufactor on their windshield? Provided by LCS of course

Not everyone wants to share this info but a lot would.

OldDog, I'm the Yellow small block Lone Star Cobra. Look me up and I'll give you a ride.

Dwight

Last edited by Dwight; 03-09-2007 at 07:17 PM..
Old 03-10-2007, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotic
Not Ranked     

How many registered at this point...think I was #98 when I sent my registration...that was a month ago
Old 03-10-2007, 06:33 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have a silver Lone Star with black stripes. I have black Shelby pins holding down the hood.

I'd be happy to answer any question you might have.

AND, if there are no cards for the windshields, we can blame that on Rick also.

Dwight, what if there was an optional card to fill out, if you wanted to put the information in the windshield???

Last edited by trularin; 03-12-2007 at 04:17 AM..
Old 03-10-2007, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

Don't want to add more to your guy's plate, but what about if the basic information was provided on the signup web page, and registrants could check whether they want to make it public or not. Then have it printable from the website. Also, it would be cool to print a standard card from this information.

I am still not sure if I am going this year. If I do go, and bring the family (wouldn't really want to come without them) it may be almost as much of a logistical nightmare for us to come out as it is for you to put on the show. My wife is still saying "You are going", but I am not sure if we can make it work.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OldDog
Thanks for the suggestion, but as someone else added, we got our hands full now
I think you will find that everyone there is very happy to talk about their cars and setups, so may I suggest you watch for a while, and if you see a particular car that you fancy, simply walk over to the owner and start asking away.
You will also find that most all of the manufacturers will be there with their cars and will be very happy to tell you why theirs is the best, some even have demo cars and may be able to give you a ride,

BTW we will take you up on your generous offer to CFF and please point yourself out so we are sure to charge you $15 for each ride you take

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Old 03-11-2007, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Maybe the ideas came too late, and maybe it would require too much work. Just thought it would be a win win. Help those who are interested, but not certified Cobra nuts (yet), while raising more money.

I like the idea of people voluntarily putting a sheet on their car.

As for talking to the owners, yes they are a great friendly group of people, but at London most are off enjoying themselves (as they should be) and not around their cars all that much.

Maybe when you have the DVD (assuming you will) made, you could interview some of the owners that wouldn't mind sharing. I'm sure some would love to tell you the make, and all about the drive train, etc.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight
What if everyone had a card with name, state, city, club, motor, trannie, HP, manufactor on their windshield? Provided by LCS of course

Not everyone wants to share this info but a lot would.

OldDog, I'm the Yellow small block Lone Star Cobra. Look me up and I'll give you a ride.

Dwight
Dwight,

I will try to find you, and take you up on that offer. I find your drive train choice very interesting.

Hope to see you there
OldDog
Old 03-11-2007, 08:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBuoy
Don't want to add more to your guy's plate, but what about if the basic information was provided on the signup web page, and registrants could check whether they want to make it public or not. Then have it printable from the website. Also, it would be cool to print a standard card from this information.

I am still not sure if I am going this year. If I do go, and bring the family (wouldn't really want to come without them) it may be almost as much of a logistical nightmare for us to come out as it is for you to put on the show. My wife is still saying "You are going", but I am not sure if we can make it work.
I like the idea of the registration asking (not requiring) everyone to fill out a form with all these questions. Think of the statistics you could collect.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

I'm pretty much in olddogs position, I'll be bringing the family to London just for the spectical and to check out all makes of Cobras to see what I actually will fit in! Will alot of the manufacturers be set up there? Should be fun.

Steve
Old 03-12-2007, 04:16 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

There's usually two or more.

Steve, are you going to bring that Avatar??

Old 03-12-2007, 06:24 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin
There's usually two or more.

Steve, are you going to bring that Avatar??

Though my significant other is not hard to look at by any measure (some pics in my gallery) sadly, the avatar only exists in cyber space for me. LOL
Old 03-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Right now there 134 cars signed up. And at this early date.. that is GREAT. Like Steve mentioned, please do not wait... it is a big help to us.

As to the car manufacturer etc, a lot of that information is captured on the registration page and I don't know why it could not be on the name tags that people will be wearing. That would be of help. Otherwise, we can pass out a blank page for folks to fill out and display on their car should they desire. No promise that folks will fill them out but I would imagine many will.

Thanks for the thoughts!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 03-12-2007, 10:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ACE, 351W, 3550 Tremec, Raging(?) Red W/ White Stripe.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdorman
...As to the car manufacturer etc, a lot of that information is captured on the registration page and I don't know why it could not be on the name tags that people will be wearing...
Rick, you know what would be great? If the name tags would also display the "handles" being used here on Club Cobra, that way we could associate names with faces.
Ralph
Old 03-13-2007, 03:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 460
Not Ranked     
Default Mid Ohio roster

This year's LCS web site is outstanding. Will there be a listing of the track event participants this year? A heartfelt thanks to all the OCC volunteers for their efforts in making this the premiere event in the Nation!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:40 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSnake351
Rick, you know what would be great? If the name tags would also display the "handles" being used here on Club Cobra, that way we could associate names with faces.
Ralph
It may not be apparent but that is what the field on the registration is for that is named "OCC forum screen name"!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 03-13-2007, 05:44 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdan
This year's LCS web site is outstanding. Will there be a listing of the track event participants this year? A heartfelt thanks to all the OCC volunteers for their efforts in making this the premiere event in the Nation!
Thanks! We spared no expense! Mike Duell put a lot of work into it. Since it is all database driven, you can get in and change your information any time you want.

As for the who's going to Mid-Ohio list... that is not built in but we could add one in I suppose. We can just type it in and it shows up.

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com