14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 03:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     
Default LCS - Super 8 Hotel Rip Off..

Gents and Ladies...first of all, this has NOTHING to do with the organizers of LCS, Ohio Cobra Club, nor anyone associated with them, As usual, OCC did an excellent job planning, organizing, and executing the entire event. Hats off to OCC again!!!

But, if you made reservation(s) at the Super 8 Motel, at 1309 St James Lutheran Lane, and had to cancel any reservation, you probably were charged for one night's stay. I know I had three of my buddies cancel at the last minute, and left me to cancel the rooms. However, when I checked in, I was informed by "Smita" and the GM "Yogi" that I would be charged one night's room rate for the three room reservations that I canceled. Please note...I TRIED TO CHECK IN AT 1100 THURSDAY MORNING...WELL BEFORE THEIR ADVERTISED CANCELLATION POLICY TIME OF 4:00 PM, AS SPECIFIED ON SUPER 8's WEBSITE!!!

I was informed it was "company policy" to charge for those canceled reservations. Since they had possession of my credit card at the time, I had no choice but to agree to the charge if I was going to have a room that night. I stated their personal cancellation policy was not was advertised on the corporate website, but they stated they could change their policy any time they wanted with no notice to anyone. (-!-) Needless to say, I had little choice but to pretend to go along with this asinine policy until I could verify their published cancellation policy...which I have now done.

I will be protesting these charges to American Express, and will be able to provide Amex with Super 8's published cancellation policy, which I have printed copies of for reference. I had to duplicate - as much as possible - the process of making a reservation at this Super 8 to view the company cancellation policy, which I printed. The policy clearly states "If you need to cancel, you must do so by 4:00 PM local hotel time on (month-day-year) or your credit card will be charged for one night's stay." My printed receipt for the three unused rooms is time stamped at 11:32 AM on Thursday, June 19...! This is just another example of one of "Kumar's Hotels" trying to bite the hand that feeds them. Pissed off..? You betcha...

I humbly suggest that it's time OCC and all involved parties begin a search for a new hotel venue. It's obvious the owners of America's Best Value, and Super 8 motels have no idea the business they receive from London Cobra Show attendees, nor do they appreciate this business. I know I won't stay at either hotel any longer.

If you were charged for canceled reservations...and there was at least one person who canceled room reservations via a phone call while I was trying to check in...you may want to join me in protesting those charges to your credit card. I will not only NOT pay these charges, but I will NEVER stay at Yogi's Super 8 again... Personally, I'm tired of these farging bastages taking advantage of our group...and me in particular.

Please keep this thread open, and I will post my experiences with American Express here.

Oh...and when I had to check out Saturday morning to return home unexpectedly, there was a hand written sign in a little clear plastic easel standing on the extreme left side of the counter stating that NEXT years cancellation policy was 3 WEEKS...which I will bet will not be listed on Super 8's website anywhere...as was the policy change they pulled on me. Just to be sure everyone understands...next year you must cancel any reservation you won't be needing at least three weeks in advance. Nice customer service, huh...?

More to come...
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.

Last edited by Flyin_Freddie; 06-22-2008 at 03:59 PM..
Old 06-22-2008, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR#2777, 302EFI. Vortech SC
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

When I double checked my reservation at Super 8 (Made in January 08) for LCS...they had me booked in for NEXT WEEKEND! Told them my confirmation showed June 20/21/22nd they said OK you will still have a room for LSC dates but the rate will increase another $30 bucks ($99.99 per night, confirmed at $69.99) take it or leave it! Protested to Managers but got same results as Flying Freddy. After being screwed 2 years ago at Best Value...I will never stay at either again as well. Hopefully the new hotels being built will be a little more appreciative of LCS business! We need to have locked in group rates by the hotels, don't know what the problem is.... other groups do it all the time. Had a great time at the LCS though, no reflection on Ohio Cobra Club, it was a great event. Best regards-Larry
Old 06-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

Freddie ~ sorry about the motel issues...........gotta tell ya though........the Goose and Schweppes was excellent!!!

B.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     

Tha's cause "Smita" and "Yogi" didn't have a frickin' THING to do with the Goose-n-Tonic...(s).... If you'll recall, it was more'n one.

Isn't it always...?

Nice to see you again, "Focs"...

FYI...we're workin' on a deal to go to 24 Hours of Daytona in March of next year, instead of Barrett-Jackson. Here's the deal...$400....trackside suite....paddock, pit passes...buffet in the trackside suite gets changed out every three hours...unlimited backstage access to everything. Sound interesting...?
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics / Roush 427 SR
Not Ranked     

Freddie,
You think you were ticked with the hotel deal....I'll bet you will really be upset when you get to Daytona in March and find out the Rolex 24 was held in January
Jody
Roush #1
Lone Star Classics
Roush Edition #01
Roush 427 SR #444
Old 06-22-2008, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yep...that'd be enough to tick me off a little..

Okay...in January, Brian...
Old 06-22-2008, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics / Roush 427 SR
Not Ranked     

Freddie,
If you can get the same deal in March, it would probably be a good time
The bikers are there all month long
Jody
Roush #1
Lone Star Classics
Roush Edition #01
Roush 427 SR #444
Old 06-22-2008, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Freddie,
I too was charged for two rooms that I needed to cancel @ America's Best Value @ a total cost of $163.33. However, After I complained to the manager she cut the cost in half. I was told they needed 24 hours cancelation notice and I tried to cancel on Wednesday evening. I am not sure what the corporate cancelation policy is but, I will check, tonight.Thank you for sharing your story.
Also, Rick Dorman's kids were told to leave the swimming pool because they were not registered. When questioned why, management said "get the kids out of the pool or WE WILL CALL THE POLICE". The manager disrespected Rick, Kevin, Rick's wife Karen, the children and the whole event. By the way, no one else was in the pool. When Rick indicated that being treated like was was unreasonable and that we would not be staying there next year he stated, something like, SO WHAT. We as a group have decided not to stay at America's Best Value next year, we hope others will join the campaign --
Bed bug's -- damn I just started itching.

With all of that said -- it was a wonderful weekend and the guy's worked their butt's off to make sure everything went as planed. Thank's to those who did that and I can't wait until next year.
Mike
Old 06-22-2008, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike...two years ago I asked the manager at "America's" Best Value motel...please notice the quotes...if I could use a hose to wash my Cobra. He replied..."Ten dollars for ten minutes!"

So, I told him "Look here, we're filling up your hotel for the next three nights. Are you sure you want to charge me $10.00 to use your hose...?"

"Ten dollars for ten minutes!", he replied.

"Okay, there, Rishi...tell ya what, I'll just use your towels to wash my car, and figure something else out...!" ...and I did! I first went to the office and asked for some extra bath linens...they gave me two more wash cloths, hand and bath towels. I used the hand towels to knock the initial brake dust off my wheels, and then filled up the plastic trash can in my already filthy room with water...and used his towels to wash and dry my car. When I was done, I dropped all the dirty towels - some black from brake dust - off at the front office door so he'd be sure and find them in the morning.

Ten dollars for ten minutes....how ridiculous! I'll never stay at Moamar's Hotels again....nor Rishi's....nor Kumar's... nor Indihra's... Anyone see the pattern developing here...?

Last edited by Flyin_Freddie; 06-22-2008 at 07:48 PM..
Old 06-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

I am done with America's Best Value....... good news is all that construction behind the hotels is new hotels going up! I sent three letters out this morning about that 'person'.... send some out yourself! Last one is the owner...

Americas Best Value Inn by Vantage
Guest Relations Department
9305 W Sample Road
Coral Springs, FL 33065

America’s Best Value Inn
1313 St. James Lutheran Lane
Columbus, OH 43228
United States

Tulsi Hotels LLC.
5393 Bally Dr.
Hilliard, OH 43026

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-23-2008, 09:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MKIII, 460 / toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Braatz View Post
Freddie,

Also, Rick Dorman's kids were told to leave the swimming pool because they were not registered. When questioned why, management said "get the kids out of the pool or WE WILL CALL THE POLICE". The manager disrespected Rick, Kevin, Rick's wife Karen, the children and the whole event. By the way, no one else was in the pool. When Rick indicated that being treated like was was unreasonable and that we would not be staying there next year he stated, something like, SO WHAT.
Pools are huge liablities for a hotel. If they knew someone was not registered and swiming, I am sure their insurance would have a fit. Seems pretty reasonable to me to kick them out.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tell my credit card that I was not registered........

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-23-2008, 10:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MKIII, 460 / toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdorman View Post
Tell my credit card that I was not registered........
Ahhh.. the original post made it sound like you were not registered... if you were, I would have had them call the cops... Bring it on baby I agree on the new venue for next year... The current site just does not work so well anymore...

Last edited by nater; 06-23-2008 at 10:24 AM..
Old 06-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by nater View Post
Ahhh.. the original post made it sound like you were not registered... if you were, I would have had them call the cops... Bring it on baby
I would have as well. But, they did not do that when I was there (and they saw that I brought the kids back to the pool later). Only when it was just women and children did he say anything. He never checked to see who was staying in the room either. When I checked in, they never asked for anyones name at all... just mine and how many keys I wanted.

I was just waiting for that SOB to come back while I was at the pool. If he threatened to call the cops, I would have handed my phone to him to use.

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com

Last edited by rdorman; 06-23-2008 at 10:26 AM..
Old 06-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

I had a similar situation with motel reservations at a different event . After no resolution, I contacted the location's Chamber of Commerce which acted as an intermediary on my behalf and the issue was resolved.

The Chamber had a vested interest and did not want the locale to get a bad reputation for future visitors.

The Better Business Bureau is another option
Old 06-23-2008, 11:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five
Not Ranked     

Now I am nervous about a cancellation charge from americas best. We canceled a room that was reserved for my in laws on the 10th. Hopefully we won't get charged.
Only 2 problems with Super 8 where we stayed.
1. Keys kept dying on us had to reprogram 5 times in one week , twice in one day ( we stayed Monday to Sunday)
2. Floors were very dirty, our kids feet and socks were all black after short time in the room, we thought they were going out without shoes but then watched them after baths and clean socks. Sure enough shortly later th ey were black...

Not bad location as far as being close to / convenient .

Jim
Old 06-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Jim, noticed the same thing.

I could not figure out why my friggin socks were black after getting a soda.

I haven't seen our bill yet.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nuttin'
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin_Freddie View Post
However, when I checked in, I was informed by "Smita" and the GM "Yogi" that I would be charged one night's room rate for the three room reservations that I canceled.
Your mistake was that you didn't talk to Yogi's Regional Manager, BooBoo. Although I've heard Yogi can be bribed with a "pick-a-nick basket!"
Old 06-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

Last year, Yogi didn't have my room when I got there. It was only after I showed him my confirmation number that he coughed up the room, but he said it would be $110, instead of the $84 quoted. I stood firm and he finally backed down.

During the weekend, he spent most of his time behind the desk talking in a foreigh language on a cell phone. A couple times he was on the laptop in the lobby, looking at foreign websites.

This year, he had the room, but when I checked out, the price was $20 more per night than I bargained for. I didn't notice it until I got home and looked at the bill, after reading Freddie's post.

I only put up with Super 8 because, after all, it IS the LCS! In both July and January, when I tried to book a room at the Hampton, it was full. I'm looking forward to the new hotels to be finished.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: unique,302
Not Ranked     
Default Sorry

ya,ll had a bad experience--some aggravating to be treated rudely. Hopefully, seeing old friends and fellowship will help a little--but--it,s hard to forget getting s--t on so rudely.RICK--tell Grace and Joe hello for us, and I have a new grand-baby girl.Reason for us not coming to London this time.Will-alabama