LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: superformance Roush 427R
Not Ranked     
Default Fall Run Oct 15th

Folks,
there is a great fall run that the guys in CT do each year, i did it a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. i would like to get a bunch of us together to join in the fun, we will head up to Bear Mountain and then meet up with the rest of the guys. i would like to start from Classic Concepts in Babylon and hit the road by 10am in rder to meet the guys at noon at Bear Mountain. please let me know who is in!! the following is a few details from the post that Jay has up on club cobra New England.

The season snuck up on us once again and we are already planning the big send off for the season. As in years past, this event is open to all owners of Cobras, Daytona Coupes, and GT40s ... whether you built it, bought it, borrowed it, or inherited it. The goal is simply to get owners of similar vehicles together in a casual environment to enjoy the cars on great roads you may not have driven before.

Prior years we have focused on Litchfield County with runs around the LRP area. This year in hopes of adding some more drivers from other regions AND taking in some new scenery we are shifting the drive area to the incredibly scenic Bear Mountain / Hudson River NY area. If you have not driven in this area either by Cobra or motorcycle you don't know what you are missing (so I will post some photos of the region/roads below).

The date for this is:

SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH, 2011

Rain Date will be SUNDAY OCTOBER 16TH, 2011.

CLICK HERE FOR DRIVE ROUTE: Google Maps

The drive will include a number of checkpoints. You are welcome to join in at any checkpoint and drop out at any point in the drive, we only ask that you communicate to anyone behind you somehow if you are dropping off by waving them on and watching them continue with the group. The checkpoints and times will be as follows (general idea since the pacing can result in earlier or later arrivals/departures):

CHECKPOINT A: VINTAGE MOTORSPORTS - 110 REPUBLIC DRIVE, NORTH HAVEN, CT
CHECKPOINT B: DANBURY FAIR MALL PARKING LOT UNDER THE SIGN - 7 BACKUS AVENUE, DANBURY, CT
CHECKPOINT C: BEAR MOUNTAIN INN PARKING LOT - 7 LAKES DRIVE, BEAR MOUNTAIN, NY
CHECKPOINT D: FUEL STOP (3 STATIONS ON SAME INTERSECTION) - INTERSECTION OF N PLANK RD AND 9W, NEWBURGH, NY
CHECKPOINT E: DANBURY FAIR MALL PARKING LOT UNDER THE SIGN - 7 BACKUS AVENUE, DANBURY, CT
CHECKPOINT F: VINTAGE MOTORSPORTS - 110 REPUBLIC DRIVE, NORTH HAVEN, CT

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
SUBJECT TO CHANGES

9:00AM - DEPART FROM VINTAGE MOTORSPORTS IN NORTH HAVEN, CT
10:00AM - ARRIVE AT DANBURY FAIR MALL PARKING LOT
10:30AM - DEPART FROM DANBURY FAIR MALL PARKING LOT
NOON - ARRIVE AT BEAR MOUNTAIN INN PARKING LOT
12:30PM - DEPART BEAR MOUNTAIN INN PARKING LOT
1:00PM - ARRIVE AT NEWBURGH, NY GAS STOP
2:00PM - ARRIVE AT DANBURY FAIR MALL PARKING LOT

DEPENDING ON TIMING WE MAY PLAN TO EAT AT ONE OF THE RESTAURANTS NEAR THE DANBURY FAIR MALL
Old 10-03-2011, 07:42 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Thanks Bobby. Still mad we missed your event yesterday. Had 6-8 cars lined up to make the trek and this awful weather ruined it.

We may modify the course a little based on some feedback I got about the Bear Mountain parking lot and fees etc. I will be updating the other posts on here so please keep your guys up to date. Hope you can make it.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm sorry you missed it yesterday too Jay, you always come down with a good group of guys. As far as Bear Mountain goes, We can always hang just outside the park around the circle? The 7 Lakes Dr is a great route, we do that drive in the spring heading to Greenwood Lake. I will keep you posted on the number of guys making the trip.
speak to you soon,
Bobby
Old 10-12-2011, 05:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default bear mt run

iam in for the run
Old 10-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

We changed our checkpoint to Fort Montgomery, right near Bear Mountain. Check the post on New England forum. The Fort has bathrooms and should be alot easier. Weather outlook is great and we are hoping to raise some money for Brandon. Thanks guys...

FYI I know some LI guys are taking the ferry in PJ and joining in Danbury.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jay, I did note the change in the Bear Mountain meeting spot. I sent out an email to all my guys with the updates. I'm never sure how many people will show but it's looking good as of now. Looking forward to the run!!!
Bobby
Old 10-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

POSTPONED TO SUNDAY OCTOBER 16TH

FALL SPRINT 2011

PLEASE SIGN UP ON THE FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE: FALL COBRA SPRINT 2011

The season snuck up on us once again and we are already planning the big send off for the season. As in years past, this event is open to all owners of Cobras, Daytona Coupes, and GT40s ... whether you built it, bought it, borrowed it, or inherited it. The goal is simply to get owners of similar vehicles together in a casual environment to enjoy the cars on great roads you may not have driven before.

Prior years we have focused on Litchfield County with runs around the LRP area. This year in hopes of adding some more drivers from other regions AND taking in some new scenery we are shifting the drive area to the incredibly scenic Bear Mountain / Hudson River NY area. If you have not driven in this area either by Cobra or motorcycle you don't know what you are missing (so I will post some photos of the region/roads below).

The date for this is:

[center]SUNDAY OCTOBER 16TH, 2011

CLICK HERE FOR DRIVE ROUTE: Google Maps

The drive will include a number of checkpoints. You are welcome to join in at any checkpoint and drop out at any point in the drive, we only ask that you communicate to anyone behind you somehow if you are dropping off by waving them on and watching them continue with the group. The checkpoints and times will be as follows (general idea since the pacing can result in earlier or later arrivals/departures):

CHECKPOINT A: VINTAGE MOTORSPORTS - 110 REPUBLIC DRIVE, NORTH HAVEN, CT
CHECKPOINT B: DANBURY FAIR MALL PARKING LOT UNDER THE SIGN - 7 BACKUS AVENUE, DANBURY, CT
CHECKPOINT C: FORT MONTGOMERY PARKING LOT - 690 U.S. 9W, FORT MONTGOMERY, NY
CHECKPOINT D: FUEL STOP (3 STATIONS ON SAME INTERSECTION) - INTERSECTION OF N PLANK RD AND 9W, NEWBURGH, NY
CHECKPOINT E: DANBURY FAIR MALL PARKING LOT UNDER THE SIGN - 7 BACKUS AVENUE, DANBURY, CT
CHECKPOINT F: VINTAGE MOTORSPORTS - 110 REPUBLIC DRIVE, NORTH HAVEN, CT

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
SUBJECT TO CHANGES

9:00AM - DEPART FROM VINTAGE MOTORSPORTS IN NORTH HAVEN, CT
10:00AM - ARRIVE AT DANBURY FAIR MALL PARKING LOT
10:30AM - DEPART FROM DANBURY FAIR MALL PARKING LOT
NOON - ARRIVE AT FORT MONTGOMERY PARKING LOT
12:30PM - DEPART FORT MONTGOMERY PARKING LOT
1:00PM - ARRIVE AT NEWBURGH, NY GAS STOP
2:00PM - ARRIVE AT DANBURY FAIR MALL PARKING LOT

DEPENDING ON TIMING WE MAY PLAN TO EAT AT ONE OF THE RESTAURANTS NEAR THE DANBURY FAIR MALL

3:00PM - DEPART DANBURY FAIR MALL PARKING LOT
4:00PM - ARRIVE AT VINTAGE MOTORSPORTS IN NORTH HAVEN, CT