Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2007, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, 501
Not Ranked     
Angry Baldhill Car Show

Anyone go up to Baldhill Last night? A friend of mine went and told me there were 2-3 cop cars sitting there at the entrance writting tickets for no front plate (which he got), inspections and regi's. A lot of cars got the tickets from what I heard. That is something else. I am pretty sure I wont be going there.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

Yep, they've been doing that for weeks, from what I was told.

I haven't gone there this year yet, and probably won't. It's ricer central now anyway.

There are TONS of other local shows now, almost every day of the week.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 06-20-2007, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1421
Not Ranked     

I don't get it. Don't the organizers charge something like $5 bucks to park a show car? Obviously the cops just want to discourage folks from coming down and showing their cars. Most likely the cops just want to put a stop the burnouts by folks as they leave. My sister used to go there last summer with her boys and she said all you hear is the screem of the tires. Why don't the cops just go after those guys??
Old 06-21-2007, 06:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default unbelievable

I spoke to a close friend who is a cop. Slojo, that is the intention, but it appears we all have to suffer. I wont be going there. PS - He also told me not to get into a race there, they will impound your car (that is who they are after). Not that any of us would race
Old 06-21-2007, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yep, 55mph at all times!!

Spoke to Nick down at Classics' Concepts and he said he is getting a delivery of a car tomorrow from overseas frieght. Anyone know who's car that is? Would be kind of cool to see one roll off the truck.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As of last Friday, they were supposed to be there again tonight. Just thought I would let all know.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thank you for letting us know. Now I now which show I ont be going to yhis summer.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

"know" sorry, typo
Old 06-28-2007, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

just reread it, sorry, lots of typos. Im typing in the dark.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Still not a good idea

I drive up rte 83 (north ocean ave) on my way home every day. They are still setting up shop pulling people over. As pointed out before, this is a show I will not be attending. Really stinks as there were a lot of cars that go there. A few ruined it for the many
Old 08-01-2007, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1358 Silver/Black stripes 466 2X4
Not Ranked     

That's why the big shows get closed down....it's happened so many times before on long island....years ago Channels on Deer Park Ave later called Meat Farms was shutdown for good..., Nathan's in Oceanside was shutdown for a long time, Bellmore a year or so and even OBI was threatened. All because guy's have to do burnouts and go through the gears to show how loud ther cars are in front of a crowd. We use to blame it on the young guy's....but we all know that's not entirely true !!
Old 08-01-2007, 07:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What they really need on the Island is a drag strip, like they used to have out east in the Hamptons (sp). There was an article in today's Wall Street Journal on electric hot rods, and how guys are building their own from old gas clunkers. The article referenced a town on the west coast I think where they permenantly closed down an underused public street so folks can take their street cars down and challenge one another to 1/4 mile races.

How come we can't get something like that going here on the Island? I haven't heard anything on that Yaphank track they were trying to push through. Anyone have an update?
Old 08-02-2007, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1358 Silver/Black stripes 466 2X4
Not Ranked     

Joe

Even if we had another race facilities, I don't think it would matter. The problem isn't drag racing in front of the local cruise nites...it's the holeshots, going throught the gears and the noise. I can tell you tonight at the Oakdale criuse there will be a few who need to leave and let everyone know how loud there vehicles are... neighbors complain...police show up and the guy's who made the noise are long gone. That will never change !