10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Powered by Music-Cruising Songs that Power your Vehicle

Well have been reading Bernie's adventures of burning up rental car tires so here goes........

I wanted to list songs that get you moving while driving. Any song is good as long as you like it. For me I've broken it into two catagories and how I ''fueled'' my passion in the past and how I do it now.

1. Music that makes you go 0-60mph in 3 seconds

2. Music that slows you down and mellows you out

1. Train kept a rolling-(Aerosmith version) first song Zep played together
All along the Watchtower-guitar worked well with engine sound. Hendrix
Smoke on the Water-Deep Purple
Mississippi Queen-Mountain
Freebird
Highway Star-at times
Born to Be Wild
(songs are dated but used as described below)

2. Sitting by the Dock of the Bay
People Get Ready
Over the rainbow
Jeff Beck - Somewhere Over The Rainbow (Live) (HD) May 2010 - YouTube Jeff Beck

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Over The Rainbow / What A Wonderful World - Medley - YouTube israel kamakawiwo'ole

When I use to race I had a cassette type player and had songs that I would listen to when practicing. Not any song would do because with engine noise certain songs worked better. Some songs were better and a certain syncopation would develop. I was told at times I would come closer to the barriers and lap times were faster. However you really need to listen to your vehicle. Sort of like in the movie Iron Eagle and the son listens to music to get into a zone to fight the enemy.

Well now racing is out so I like driving a roadster by my ex-neighbors out by Carbon Beach in Malibu late at night. They don't appreciate loud music a few parties a year so nothing better than driving a roadster with a racing engine that has no idle that literally shakes windows going the speed limit. Now I'm into that ''authentic'' sound that emerges from a classic. Music to my ears.

I now have a digital track of course some of the same titles above but it starts out with Rock & Roll by Zepplin because that always opened the show up.

However for a Cobra I have something totally different.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: