LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1309 www.spfowners.freeforums.net
Not Ranked     
Default Dodge Hellcat gets 707hp!

Holy moly Batman!

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat gets 707 horsepower, shows off in new video - Autoweek

http://spfowners.freeforums.net/
Old 07-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Make mine black.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Look-a-like cobra POS
Not Ranked     

...........and choose the red key.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I would have posted this yesterday but did not know where to post.

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat: Live Photos And Video

It has an exhaust sound on this link. I think I like the motley crue advertisement better.

Not sure what it is but I have always had a soft spot for the '70 challenger. I told the story before about my sister having one in plum crazy color. Was stolen and used in a bank robbery on the west coast. Dam bank robbers knew a fast car. lol Wouldn't mind having one of these in that color. Hope the second key doesn't require you to bring it into a Dodge garage for a full check-up like the Bugatti and it's protocols for the second key usage.

I would love to sneak one of these into Cuba for speed day.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

I may have posted it elsewhere, but I rented a Challenger for a week during a Gashole get together in the Keys last year. It's the only current pony car to have remained true to the original looks wise. Big inside as well. Took turns playing crazy southern yahoos down the gravel driveway...fun watching Wilf (a proper Brit) giggling a little when he was behind the wheel. I was looking at the Petty version when the wifey said I needed to begin growing up, which led to the German pony car.

...but that was before 707 stinkin horsepower in a Hellcat. Love to get one and drive it into the ground for a couple of years for work. Heeehawwww...
Old 07-02-2014, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Default hey Ron

Come to Dallas and drive the 2016 Challenger prototype with the Hellcat and six speed that Gas Monkey and I have been trying to destroy for the last few weeks. Dodge said wear it out then the would come get it , strip it and then crush it as they do all p[rototypes. three sets of tires in a month or so. Taken it to the track, strip and street. Most amazing car I have driven. My racing career would have been better with one of these

Being associated with Dodge is great. 2015 challenger serial number 0002 goes to Richard equiped with an eight speed auto. 0001 has a six speed manual. Speed records for a production car have already been broken by this beast.

every hipo nut needs one of these.

Jay

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 07-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have been thinking about this hellcat version for a bit. Up until now I really didn't have any reason to think about the new Challenger. On the west coast there was a bunch of guys outside a bakery/eatery with two newer hemi Challengers and a third I don't recall. My mother was with me and she took a minute to speak with them telling about my sister and her '70 Challenger adventures. I took a look at them but never had an interest in even taking one for a ride. I did show up at their get together with a vintage model Challenger at a later time.

My first thoughts on this. They were heavy back in 1970 and I bet they are heavier then their competition still. lol

I was never a fan of NASCAR but reading the specs this entered my thoughts. I fully understand the engineering of modern race cars and their safety specifications. However seeing all this horsepower wouldn't it be nice if NASCAR would take this HellCat, strip it down, put a roll bar in and actually race a production model again.

I think that same engine is going into the Charger makes sense.

I attended this grass roots Maximum Acceleration event in Cuba earlier this year and still wish I could have had one of these babies to tear down their 400 meter event. Going back around labor day if cargo reaches its destination. I think there is a movie from last years event that should be out by now. Tells all about the car culture in Cuba.

Havana Motor Club

Edit: so those SRT Challengers state 425 horses and the Petty 610.

Former member name Onyxrider.

Last edited by StormBringer_1; 07-04-2014 at 01:53 PM..
Old 07-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Attended college at the UC in Riverside (somebody had to) and worked at the last gas station by the Holiday Inn on 60 before one went over the hump to the track. CanAm/TransAm weekends were an amazing thing. I had a BRE 510 at the time (talk to Brock sometime about the BREs instead of the Daytona like everyone does) so of course we had our own corrals for race weekend. The 2002 and GTV corrals were next to us...so quite the 2.5 TA crowd...made for some damn good hare-n-hounds in the evenings around Lake Matthews and orange groves...miss that thing.

Anyway, what with Chrysler, Chevy and ford all putting out revamped pony car track day specials, it would be great to see a reemerged TransAm...old style versus the SCCA's current offering.

Challenger's fat, no doubt about it...that's why the suspension mods are as important as ever one of the them there 707 horses...Petty's shop targeted the suspension, so I'm hopeful that has passed onto the Hellcat...looks like they added the right stuff, but it also need someone to make all the good stuff work together.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Jay...sure as hell seems to me that one of your tests should be making a road trip with it out here.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayscobras View Post
Come to Dallas and drive the 2016 Challenger prototype with the Hellcat and six speed that Gas Monkey and I have been trying to destroy for the last few weeks. Dodge said wear it out then the would come get it , strip it and then crush it as they do all p[rototypes. three sets of tires in a month or so. Taken it to the track, strip and street. Most amazing car I have driven. My racing career would have been better with one of these

Being associated with Dodge is great. 2015 challenger serial number 0002 goes to Richard equiped with an eight speed auto. 0001 has a six speed manual. Speed records for a production car have already been broken by this beast.

every hipo nut needs one of these.

Jay
I have been dealing with family and a big get together in New Hampshire. The time I allowed myself for GoodWood I would never have had enough time to effectively deal with things. So I never made the trip across the pond.

I have been driving a Jag F type R model which was loaned to me to test. I really don't abuse the machinery like you guys do. lol In fact I don't even like to do donuts and put rubber down. You guys do your thing beating it up. lol

I'm really liking the R ...a good blend and just enough tech. The lines of the car are beautiful. I don't know if the members realized it but I blew the lid on Jaguars series 7 project when I first posted about a StormBringer version of a series 7 at Goodwood. That intel was a closely guarded secret until 2 days before Goodwood festival when Jag leaked pictures of it's limited production model. Glad no one noticed that one.

Jay are you one of the guys on the Garage show? By the way not all prototypes are destroyed. A handful do go into collections even though the factory paperwork has it listed as destroyed.

You guys have a good day.. have to blow a few things up tonight with the fireworks here.

OnyxRider's original account.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Default yep agreed

SRT technology is the right way to go. I don't know much about everything they have done, I just know I LIKEEEEE.

Ron one day, after my mopm's situation resolves itself I will be taking trips all about our great country. A return trip to California is a definite since I lived there 40 years ago in South San Jose working in San Mateo.

I seem to recall a family resturant in Fresno named Rosa's, the smell of garlic in Gilroy and the aroma in Turlock. The hard right turn in Buttonwillow and the poached salmon in Santa Cruz.

See you one day.

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 07-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Jaysus Jay...yup, you need a trip out here. A few things have changed. Rosa's is gone.

Fun at our age...parents if front; kids in back.

Glad to hear SRT has it together. Still some fun left for the old bones to enjoy. I'm hoping the only electric mode of transportation that moves my butt around is one of those carts they use for moving caskets.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

Dude, you had a BRE 510?

Oh yeah, the new Hellcat would be nice in a Challenger or Charger. Or the new RWD Avenger/'Cuda or whatever they call it.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Yup...my favortist (it oughtta be a word) car of my youth. Obviously not the racing version, but the Riverside Datsun dealer would install just about anything you wanted that BRE sold...air dams, header, cam, carbs, minilites, revised shifter linkage, bigger brakes, konis and shortened springs, roll bars, seat/belts, nice wooden Nardi, etc.
all installed as brand new with the car. It was that or a Capri V6. Wished I had it now to put these newbie little ricer toys to shame.

Alas, its life (and damn near mine) ended when I came home to Fresno from school for a weekend and had just dropped off my wife to be of 40 years when I smashed it into a pickup that an irrigator had parked sideways across the road so he could use his headlights to see how the water was progressing in an orange grove...hit it at about 60mph..barely got to touch the brakes. I broke the steering wheel...pulled little slivers of wood from my head for weeks.

Miss it mucho.

Last edited by Jamo; 07-18-2014 at 04:44 PM..
Old 07-18-2014, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Just saw an article about the HellCat's pricing. Going to start about the mid $60Ks and Dealers should be able to start placing orders either in August or September. Wonder if Dodge is going to give it a 100,000 mile warranty?
Old 07-18-2014, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1309 www.spfowners.freeforums.net
Not Ranked     

10.8 in the quarter on drag radials.

Video: 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Runs The Quarter Mile In 10.8 Seconds | car News @ Top Speed

http://spfowners.freeforums.net/
Old 07-21-2014, 10:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

I was going to give you crap about not having it any longer, but now I am just sad.

At least the newer cars have you picking airbag lint out of your nose instead of wood. Was hoping the new IDx would be a 510 ancestor like the new Challengers are to the old.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

I'm going to find one...maybe an old SCCA racer...before I leave this particular planet.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     
Default Top 10 Amazing Facts about America's Most Powerful Car

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat: Top 10 Amazing Facts about America's Most Powerful Car - Forbes
Old 07-23-2014, 05:26 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yeah just like the old days putting big oversized engines into old platforms. From what I gather there is going to be a limit on Hellcat production. As another stated I don't think anyone is going to be carving up back country roads with one of these. However it can be a daily driver. Had a conversation with SRT head last Friday...very interesting.