1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 08-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     
Default Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.......................

Just Got to VENT.............. ...........................I took all my paperwork to the DMV and spoke with a supervisor and a clerk there and was told that since I had an MSO that all I needed was proof of insurance to apply for tag & title. WELLLLLLLLLLL, after spending an hour in their office with "ALL" the paperwork I previously showed and now Proof of Insurance I was told they couldn't help me, that I had to make application for an appointment, sending a lot more paperwork than I have, to the Deland office and then take the vehicle, once the paperwork has been perused and approved, for an inspection now I ask, how am I supposed to take it over there without a tag???????????????? Oh, and by the way, EBAY, PAYPAL, & CRAIGSLIST receipts ARE NOT ACCEPTED All receipts must have sellers name, address, and phone number........I wish I knew this years ago......I was told, back when I started the build, that since it was a kit car with an MSO that I wouldn't need all of that :
Old 08-18-2014, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2144 with a Roush 342R (sold June 2018, but still lurking on Club Cobra)
Not Ranked     

Sorry to hear of your DMV issues. Although it's annoying and terribly frustrating the end result is worth it. Be patient, keep smiling, and get ready for the fun ahead!
Old 08-18-2014, 02:33 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlsflyinCobra View Post
Just Got to VENT.............. ...........................I took all my paperwork to the DMV and spoke with a supervisor and a clerk there and was told that since I had an MSO that all I needed was proof of insurance to apply for tag & title. WELLLLLLLLLLL, after spending an hour in their office with "ALL" the paperwork I previously showed and now Proof of Insurance I was told they couldn't help me, that I had to make application for an appointment, sending a lot more paperwork than I have, to the Deland office and then take the vehicle, once the paperwork has been perused and approved, for an inspection now I ask, how am I supposed to take it over there without a tag???????????????? Oh, and by the way, EBAY, PAYPAL, & CRAIGSLIST receipts ARE NOT ACCEPTED All receipts must have sellers name, address, and phone number........I wish I knew this years ago......I was told, back when I started the build, that since it was a kit car with an MSO that I wouldn't need all of that :
Earl,

You are in Florida, take it to another office............

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 08-19-2014, 02:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Earl,

Use Bill's advise. That is what everyone here does as our DMV is anti car about all cars. But there are some in close by areas that will really work with you and make the process as painless as possible.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 09-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Not Ranked     

Well, I haven't made that third trip back to the DMV yet......and on top of that, State Farm had quoted me $205.00 every 6 months for insurance, then went to $255.00, now they say it will be $550.00 every 6 months.....ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Old 09-03-2014, 02:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
AH, the fun of building a Cobra and then getting it registered and insured in some states.

Ron

Old 09-03-2014, 07:54 AM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

Grrrrr is right. Even when you think you did due diligence on procedures, you get bit anyway.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #778 427SC Keith Craft FE 428 stroker
Not Ranked     

Once you get through this process, you might want to check with some of the collector car insurance companies. It can be cheaper than State Farm or the other daily driver guys for better coverage. For right now you maybe should stay with someone close and easy to deal with, but drop them once the pain subsides...
Old 10-20-2014, 04:57 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default More grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............................

Well, the THIRD time is the Charm is evidently a True Statement, I came away with a 1966 Cobra title this timeafter paying $810.00because the IDIOTS at Innovative Street Machines, AKA Street Beast, didn't put their dealer number or tax number on ANY of the paperwork so I had to pay the Florida Sales Tax AGAIN!!

Now, my next dilemma, do I pay $60.00 to put a 1966 tag on or do I spend $44.00 for a personalized tag.....hmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 10-21-2014, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR chassis and suspension, Mr. Bruce 289 FIA body
Not Ranked     

I'd opt for the 66 tag
Old 10-21-2014, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

After all that - you got a 1966 title. That would be a big WIN. Even worth it to pay an additional $810 in case you ever need to sell that car quickly.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow, I sent in my 1966 tag to Tallahassee for verification and it says it normally takes 4 to 6 weeks for processing; I sent in on Wednesday, 10/22 (and even forgot to send insurance info), overnighted insurance info on Thursday, 10/23, and got my verified tag back on Friday, 10/31......for once I was being smiled upon.....also got a letter from DMV on Friday saying my tax refund request was being forwarded to the Department of Revenue for review.......hoping for a good answer.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, Roush 402R
Not Ranked     

the things I have to look forward too
Old 12-02-2014, 03:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Earl has been working on his Cobra for a long time now. I hope that he soon has it going and is able to drive it and enjoy the hard hours he spent on it.

Ron

Old 12-15-2014, 05:04 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default More Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........................

Ahhhhhhh, Monday, you rear your UGLY head once again........ :-( well, the weekend wasn't too bad after Friday was "VERY" bad thanks to State Farm Insurance......as many of you may have seen I drove to Jacksonville Thursday night for a FANTASTIC Trans Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert and got back about 1:00 am Friday morning. Then, about 10:00 am Friday morning I got around to opening my mail and found a letter from Tallahassee telling me that my drivers license was suspended as of Monday, 12/08/14.............well, by the end of the day Friday and $400.00 later I had my DL reinstated. :-) A start to what could have been a very bad weekend but thank goodness the weekend ended up being much better than Friday. :-) Ya gotta "LOVE" the government bureaucracy.......
Old 02-09-2015, 05:06 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well all a quick update...... ......my hand has been FORCED.... ....I'm sure you all have read about State Far cancelling my insurance and then the state suspending my license which forced me to go out and get new insurance and then pay the state $150.00 to rein-STATE my license (gee, State Farm, State License, Rein-STATE, tooooooooo many damn STATES), well now I have received an email from my current agent that tells me the current company is cancelling my insurance as of February 21st unless they get pictures of all 4 sides of the car, soooooooooo, I spent Sunday morning rearranging my garage (packed tight because I just emptied out my storage unit because it went from $55.00 to $74.00 to $99.00 over the last eight months, but that's another story ) and then Sunday afternoon working on the Cobra and my plan is to spend the next two nights after work finishing up a few minor things and then "DRIVING" it to Firestone (on DOUGHNUT TIres idiot2 idiot2 ), after a few laps around the neighborhood, for the new tires so that I can get them the pictures they need. (they know it hasn't been painted yet and are okay with that, gave me a few months to complete that afro ) Soooooooooooooo, wish me LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2015, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #253 Silver/Black 358 Windsor
Not Ranked     

State Farm always asks why the Cobra isn't part of the rest of our insurance policies under them. I always reply that they wanted twice as much $$ for less coverage and a whole lot of hassle than I got from Midwest. I agree with the others, once all this settles out, go look at some of the collector car insurance companies. They know what you have and what it's worth and what to cover it for. Most "standard" insurance companies freak out with kits and collector cars.

Good luck getting everything reinstated and finished!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: